Silsbee vs Levelland State Semifinal

55 minutes ago, MOSSHILL said:

No, but they lost to 3a Brownfield earlier this year by 8 points. No 3a basksetball team in the state this year can play Silsbee within 20 points.

Only 1 (2a) team can do that and we all know who that is..............BS

Silsbee is my favorite to win it all but please don't judge by something way earlier in the year or even regular season. Come into that arena with that type of mindset and the Tigers journey will end. never underestimate no matter who

18 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

Silsbee is my favorite to win it all but please don't judge by something way earlier in the year or even regular season. Come into that arena with that type of mindset and the Tigers journey will end. never underestimate no matter who

I'm not from Silsbee. I'm not a a player for Silsbee. Nothing I do can hurt them or help them in their quest to be victorious as the "first basketball state champ in the history of the school".

Remember, I am the guy that said they would not win the ring. But, I'm also the guy who wants to be proven wrong.

Silsbee hasn't over looked anyone. Levelland has upset a few ranked teams on their journey to state. I'm sure they are 100% confident they can beat Silsbee as Silsbee is confident they can beat them. They don't seem to be that athletic but seem to be fundamental. Everything seems to go thru the post  #10 Williams. The kid from Navasota #21 Hunter cleaned up 25 rebs vs Silsbee. He was only 6'4. We Wil need to box out better and play just as good of defense if we expect to win. 

I have been reading posts about Levelland and I am hopeful Silsbee wins the title,but I am also wary of this team..they had to play well enough to make it to San Antonio.....Once you make it to the tourney there are no slouches in the Final Four....Silsbee will need to (IMO) play their style of basketball and they will come away with a WIN.....Get that 1st win and we'll worry about Saturday @ 7pm when it gets here.      GO TIGERS

5 hours ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

This group of juniors and sophomores for levelland team won nationals for little dribblers as eight graders and freshman for whatever that's worth lol 

They actually lost to Navasota in the finals (in Canton).  That was the same year they kicked Silsbee up to the big school division because they had a Kountze player or two.  Silsbee did win Nationals, beating College Station in the Finals that year. 

Levelland should not be able to dictate the pace of this game.  Provided the refs don't call it like a 4th grade girls game, Silsbee's guard play should be way too much for the Lobos to handle.  Silsbee should dictate the pace of this game and Levelland is not nearly athletic enough to keep up. 

I will say this....
I have NEVER seen a team that can endure that many personal fouls called in one game!!  There were
fans from Navasota behind me saying that Silsbee had to run out of players sooner or later, yet NO ONE
fouled out.  That was unbelievable. I cant remember a team that had that many fouls, got pummelled in a 3rd period
run that had them getting outscored 27-15 and STILL KEPT THE LEAD!!

Silsbee can keep going to the middle and playing aggressive due to this one undeniable fact, they have depth.
And lots of it.

This will force other teams to score and score a bunch.  That Navasota squad was VERY GOOD.  Aggressive on the boards
and scored in bunches (16-2 Run to get back in it), but still ran out of gas.

I have a full glass when it comes to this team. 

OF course we wont mention his name, but a certain MVP stepped up again
when needed.  Proven leadership at the right time.  
But us fans in Silsbee already knew this would be a factor at some point.

See Ya Friday Tigers.  Represent!!

I will say one thing Silsbee ain't #1 in the big old state of Texas" for no reason.! These young men have played their butt's off this year to get to San Antonio and they took it one game at a time and played their ball and adapt when needed.  Silsbee will be hard to beat in San Antonio. Just to much talent on this Silsbee team for any of these teams to hold them back I"" do believe. 

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

They actually lost to Navasota in the finals (in Canton).  That was the same year they kicked Silsbee up to the big school division because they had a Kountze player or two.  Silsbee did win Nationals, beating College Station in the Finals that year. 

Levelland should not be able to dictate the pace of this game.  Provided the refs don't call it like a 4th grade girls game, Silsbee's guard play should be way too much for the Lobos to handle.  Silsbee should dictate the pace of this game and Levelland is not nearly athletic enough to keep up. 

I could've swore it was levelland. Lol all I know is Buna finished 2nd. I do agree though they do not have the athletes to compete. 

59 minutes ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

I could've swore it was levelland. Lol all I know is Buna finished 2nd. I do agree though they do not have the athletes to compete. 

Oh, no.  That was the next year (when the sophomores this year were in 8th grade).  The year before Levelland finished 2nd to Navasota.  The year Buna finished 2nd, it was in Levelland.  Orangefield finished 3rd and I believe Fairfield won it.  Not sure where Levelland finished.  

9 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Wife booked us a room on the Riverwalk and plan on driving to San Antonio about 7am Friday morning. It's about 4hrs from Houston.

We're headed in the opposite direction. Going to Arlington to visit the folks.  I think FSN will stream the game on the internet. This is the second trip to San Antonio we missed recently. They had a big church denomination convention there last July.  Missed that one too.  Just not meant to be I guess.

8 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Oh, no.  That was the next year (when the sophomores this year were in 8th grade).  The year before Levelland finished 2nd to Navasota.  The year Buna finished 2nd, it was in Levelland.  Orangefield finished 3rd and I believe Fairfield won it.  Not sure where Levelland finished.  

That sounds right! Lol it was in levelland. I remember the name from something. 

21 hours ago, wosfan1992 said:

4 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee Wil need to play stout defense and crash the boards. Don't be satisfied with just making it to state. Bring home the trophy!!! 

I agree 100%. Happened to me and my teammates (Kountze - 2000) when we met up with Gainesville in the State Semis. We had fallen short in the Reg. Finals the previous two seasons before finally getting over the hump and winning the Region. It was almost like we had accomplished our goal for that year by just "getting to Austin." 

During that week you take in the community pep rally, send-off, look forward to the chartered bus ride, practice at a local HS, take in a State game the night before, and by the time you get to your game it's the 2nd quarter and you're down...  You then realize you're there to play, but it's too late. 

I know if we could do it all over again we would've had a different mindset heading to Austin... 

Judging by schedule and results, I wouldn't think Levelland is any better than Navasota or Lufkin Hudson.  Now, could either of those teams have beaten Silsbee under the right circumstances?  Sure.  They were both very solid teams.  But Silsbee won both of those games comfortably, and i expect them to win this one comfortably as well.