Silsbee vs Levelland State Semifinal

Welp, we are several games into this state playoff run and I fee like I am closer than ever to eating my words concerning Silsbee.

I had Big Sandy winning state but nobody else from SETX.

For starters, before the playoffs started, I mistakenly said La Marque would beat Silsbee, thinking they were Region III.That was a mistake on my part because now knowing that, I would have put Silsbee in San Antonio long ago. However, I also had Silsbee losing to a team that would force them to play their style. This was also before looking further in depth to what the rest of the state was doing in their respective regions. I was cautious to speak much of anything positive before seeing Silsbee and thus after seeing them with my own two eyes, I will go ahead and say this:  LEVELLAND - Pack your bags and head back home, now. I'm slow to affirm any hype coming out of SETX concerning anything basketball related. But, this hype is real. This team is very deep and very talented. I'm not going to say they beat Lincoln/LaMarque in the championship just yet, but they are about to kill Levelland.  I am talking about 30 plus points here.

47 minutes ago, MOSSHILL said:

Welp, we are several games into this state playoff run and I fee like I am closer than ever to eating my words concerning Silsbee.

For starters, before the playoffs started, I mistakenly said La Marque would beat Silsbee, thinking they were Region III.That was a mistake on my part because now knowing that, I would have put Silsbee in San Antonio long ago. However, I also had Silsbee losing to a team that would force them to play their style. This was also before looking further in depth to what the rest of the state was doing in their respective regions. I was cautious to speak much of anything positive before seeing Silsbee and thus after seeing them with my own two eyes, I will go ahead and say this:  LEVELLAND - Pack your bags and head back home, now. I'm slow to affirm any hype coming out of SETX concerning anything basketball related. But, this hype is real. This team is very deep and very talented. I'm not going to say they beat Lincoln/LaMarque in the championship just yet, but they are about to kill Levelland.  I am talking about 30 plus points here.

Have you seen Levelland play?

26 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Have you seen Levelland play?

No, but they lost to 3a Brownfield earlier this year by 8 points. No 3a basksetball team in the state this year can play Silsbee within 20 points.

Only 1 (2a) team can do that and we all know who that is..............BS

5 minutes ago, RaiderRed30 said:

Probably not. If Levelland can they may keep the game in the 20s. So a 30 point win would be impossible. Whoever sets the tempo will change the game.

I'll wager 5K on Levelland NOT being able to keep Silsbee in the 20's

1 hour ago, MOSSHILL said:

I hope you are right