Big Sandy v Muenster State semi #1

Canadian back again...they are unbelievable...and to think they've only played 20 games this year. They are just a well oiled machine. Their state champ football squad was one of the most impressive teams I've ever seen. Make no mistake the tremendous success they've had on the football field has carried over to the court 

Big Sandy 69 - Muenster 44

Notes: Thorndale LOST to Connally by 23
Connally LOST to Navasota by 20
Navasota BEAT HJ by 2
Big Sandy BEAT HJ by 9

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes: Muenster BEAT Whitesboro by 2

Whitesboro LOST to Ponder by 15

Ponder BEAT Tatum by 6

Tatum LOST to Big Sandy by 12

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canadian is not the same team as last year, but is still going to be good. No homework on Canadian

I will give Canadian a 2 pt. advantage over Thorndale

Interesting twitter message conversation I had with two individuals last night

ABC 13 sports

Houston Chronicle

Neither have any interest in Big Sandy basketball........And will not be covering Big Sandy at San Antonio

Neither sports writer had any clue of where Big Sandy was, nor any idea they would be competing for a championship trophy this weekend.

The sports affiliates out of Beaumont aren't able to cover BS because that's not in their viewer/coverage area.

I wish things were different. I know nobody from BS wants the attention and or feels shunned by it. I just think it's an atrocity that a team this GREAT year in and year out can go Un-Noticed by the sports media around the area. Like, how do you do your job and not cover the best in the business at the 2a Level ? Blows my mind.

13 minutes ago, MOSSHILL said:

ABC 13 sports

Houston Chronicle

Neither have any interest in Big Sandy basketball........And will not be covering Big Sandy at San Antonio

Neither sports writer had any clue of where Big Sandy was, nor any idea they would be competing for a championship trophy this weekend.

The sports affiliates out of Beaumont aren't able to cover BS because that's not in their viewer/coverage area.

I wish things were different. I know nobody from BS wants the attention and or feels shunned by it. I just think it's an atrocity that a team this GREAT year in and year out can go Un-Noticed by the sports media around the area. Like, how do you do your job and not cover the best in the business at the 2a Level ? Blows my mind.

Kind of like the VYPE magazine handed out at the HJ Marathon.  They picked the district champs for schools in the area.  I guess BS is not in their coverage area, because they picked Evadale to win district.  Not knocking Evadale at all, but how in the name of Hezekiah does that happen.  Must be new personnel at VYPE.  Been wanting to mention this for a while, but this seemed like the perfect opportunity.  We are fine with being under the radar.  If I am not mistaken, this is our 14th trip to the state tourney.  Bring it home boys!!!  See ya bright and early Friday morning.

13 hours ago, MOSSHILL said:

ABC 13 sports

Houston Chronicle

This is such a disappointing reality. Any journalist worth his or her salt would see the clear value and dynamic in a story of this kind, if they did just 5 minutes of research. There are so many story lines that could be highlighted and what a great feel good story it would be. It really exposes everything wrong with large scale media today. Big Sandy would have a better shot at getting covered by the four letter network than they would by someone in their own backyard/Texas. 

Will be a rebuilding year next year, but give it a year after that and we will see.  It is a difficult task to replace this special group of seniors.  It will be a bitter sweet weekend if we can bring home the champ, but also knowing this will be their final high school games.

I saw a schedule (see below) for the television coverage of the tournament.  Most of the games on TWC, including both 2A games.  Makes my buttocks want to take a dip of skoal.  I'll be anxiously waiting for postings on BS that I know those of you there will provide.  Go Wildcats!

This is the hidden content, please

Just now, BS Wildcats said:

The boys are pulling out for SA.  Praying for safe travels in this nasty weather.  Go get that championship Wildcats!

Be with them, Lord