Fort Bend Elkins 70 Beaumont Central 65/Final

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Right here...  Central battled and actually win every period in this game, except the 3rd where they were doomed.  You can't allow lapses like that and expect to beat the #1 team in the state.  Nonetheless, great season to these group of Jags.  

Elkins actually led 17-11 after one.  So each team outscored the other in 2 quarters   But the third was the killer   Jags went from down 1 to down 21   Elkins heated up, no doubt, but you can't score 5 points in a period against one of the top teams and win the game.  The hardest part to swallow is it was avoidable.  Same trap I see the Jags fall into before.

Watching Central and Silsbee showed a huge disparity between the two, especially when McCain was in.  The Jags would have success penetrating against the man defense, and then force up a shot against at least two, often 3 defenders (if the other team is playing 5 people too, math should tell you one or two guys are open).  McCain was penetrating at will for Silsjee and then finding the guy open underneath or kicking to a shooter.  If he didn't draw help, he scored.  All night.

Just now, indian15/16 said:

Actually, no, Elkins lead by 6 after one, 9 at half, and 20 after third. If these posts are accurate, they won every quarter but the fourth. They competed in the first and second but won neither 

Elkins led 17-11 after 1, and 29-28 at half.  Each outscored the other in 2 periods. 

34 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

But there is a difference between penetrating on Furr and penetrating on Elkins...  Not discrediting McCain at all because he's one of my guys as well.  Lol

Apparently McCain didn't have trouble penetrating on Central either, in one of his first Varsity games ;)

But you miss my point...it's not the penetrating.  Both Central and Silsbee were able to get in the lane.  One team chose to force up shots against 2 and 3 defenders, one did not. 

So then it comes down to 1 of 2 things, lack of court vision or playing selfish?  Either doesn't bode well when playing against elite competition...

11 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Apparently McCain didn't have trouble penetrating on Central either, in one of his first Varsity games ;)

But you miss my point...it's not the penetrating.  Both Central and Silsbee were able to get in the lane.  One team chose to force up shots against 2 and 3 defenders, one did not. 

So then it comes down to 1 of 2 things, lack of court vision or playing selfish?  Either doesn't bode well when playing against elite competition...

I just posted on another thread about how Elkins struggled against the pressure in the fourth, was the same pressure applied any other time.