22-5A All District Team

Gabe

Guess I will go ahead and ask it... Not to take anything away from the selected players but How does Jase Miguez not at least make offensive MVP?

I can't recall the last time the district leading scorer wasn't at least the offensive MVP.  What is even more impressive is that everyone in the area knows he is the only threat on the team and he still managed to lead the district in scoring.  You take Jase off of Nederland, they might win 4-5 games in district and miss the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, GoBigBlue1997 said:

Guess I will go ahead and ask it... Not to take anything away from the selected players but How does Jase Miguez not at least make offensive MVP?

I can't recall the last time the district leading scorer wasn't at least the offensive MVP.  What is even more impressive is that everyone in the area knows he is the only threat on the team and he still managed to lead the district in scoring.  You take Jase off of Nederland, they might win 4-5 games in district and miss the playoffs. 

I was going to say the same thing but someone beat me too it. This kid was the most offensively talented kid in the district and id like to see the stats but i know he led the district by a probably close to 5 pts in scoring. 

16 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Now I know Ozen's Comeaux was rearing it up scoring wise before district started, but when district started, his scoring went down, primarily because of an ailing injury.  So it makes me think, did they pick him based on what he did predistrict?

I think the voting is based on District numbers only but if they used total year numbers i think it still goes to Miguez. At one time MIguez was averaging 30 plus a game for a 4 for 5 game stretch. IMO they got it wrong.  

1 hour ago, BIG SHOW said:

I think the voting is based on District numbers only but if they used total year numbers i think it still goes to Miguez. At one time MIguez was averaging 30 plus a game for a 4 for 5 game stretch. IMO they got it wrong.  

I kinda think so too, because Comeaux's averages were insane before district, but pretty average in district...  

But the district coaches vote this, right?  Those coaches would have more stats than us.  Maybe Comeaux had better numbers than Minguez....