Kountze vs Crockett

aTmfan06

Apparently Crockett has a new coach this year which explains why they placed 3rd in their district. Also, Coach Joubert must've won the flip because I saw where the Crockett coach wanted to play Saturday since the Crockett girls are in the Regional Tournament. Joubert now forces their fans to choose which game to attend. 

4 hours ago, KHSAlum400 said:

Apparently Crockett has a new coach this year which explains why they placed 3rd in their district. Also, Coach Joubert must've won the flip because I saw where the Crockett coach wanted to play Saturday since the Crockett girls are in the Regional Tournament. Joubert now forces their fans to choose which game to attend. 

didn't know crockett coach was head coach at Hamshire Fannet in 2014  

Hardin 1996-2000 Asst. Offense Coordinator (WR's and DB's) = 5 years as football coach

Hardin 2000-2003 Head Basketball Coach (2 district championships) 1 Regional Final, lost to Franklin in' 02 = 4 years as Head

Kountze 2004 -

6 minutes ago, KHSAlum400 said:

He's either won or tied every year since the 04-05 season. That makes 12...  

Impressive resume if you ask me. I'd assume his "winning percentages" are one of the highest in the state of Texas over the 16 years he's been a Head basketball coach

25 minutes ago, KHSAlum400 said:

What hurt against Buna the 1st time was more internal than anything. They've gotten that straightened out. It had nothing to do with basketball. 

What hurt against Buna was Kountze coming in with an attitude of superiority and when they went down early they couldn't handle it. Good luck to them the rest of the way.

39 minutes ago, cantankerous said:

What hurt against Buna was Kountze coming in with an attitude of superiority and when they went down early they couldn't handle it. Good luck to them the rest of the way.

with all of Kountze starters and an attitude of humility (the second meeting) - how'd that go for Buna?

21 minutes ago, MOSSHILL said:

with all of Kountze starters and an attitude of humility (the second meeting) - how'd that go for Buna?

Irrelevant to this topic. They no longer have all their starters and the starters they are missing are they same two they were missing against Buna when Buna won. So you don't think in the next two weeks they won't see a team better than Buna?

9 minutes ago, cantankerous said:

Irrelevant to this topic. They no longer have all their starters and the starters they are missing are they same two they were missing against Buna when Buna won. So you don't think in the next two weeks they won't see a team better than Buna?

Crockett. And then probably Hempstead. Prolly not 

9 minutes ago, cantankerous said:

They may be eliminated tomorrow by Crockett. I wouldn't put money on it. If they get past Crockett, then the next team that can beat them is EC

14 minutes ago, cantankerous said:

Actually they won't. They have a matchup against Crockett tomorrow. If they win that they'll face the winner of New Waverly/Hempstead. Like @MOSSHILL stated, I'm more worried about the potential matchup against East Chambers in the Regional Finals. Luckily for us, progress reports are released next Friday. If both guys are passing at that time they could return and play after 5pm. Kountze plays at 6pm if they make it that far.

I said before the season started that Region III was down this year and it looks like I'm correct. So far, two (1) seeds have been eliminated by (4) seeds. I also said that there were two teams I was worried about and they were Palestine Westwood and East Chambers. Unfortunately, Westwood lost their 6'6" standout post for the season and that basically killed all their hopes. I would not be surprised to see East Chambers win Region III, especially knowing how Coach Sutherland prepares his team. Trust me, I played for him two seasons at Kountze.

I agree with KHSAlum400.  I believe it will come down to Kountze/East Chambers, but of course preparation from the coaches play a big part....which Coach Joubert and Coach Sutherland are two of the best at doing that.  It will make great basketball!!!  The only problem also is that you cannot count out any basketball team at this point.  Hopefully, Kountze will have the other two players back.  The bench players that Kountze do have will hopefully continue to step up and improve each game.  One thing for sure is that Kountze players do play with heart and a lot of pride and that does a lot for a team of that caliber.  Basketball is getting really interesting and fun to watch!!:)  I am hoping to go see Kountze play Crockett this Friday.  This will be a great test for them!!

28 minutes ago, MPH01 said:

I agree with KHSAlum400.  I believe it will come down to Kountze/East Chambers, but of course preparation from the coaches play a big part....which Coach Joubert and Coach Sutherland are two of the best at doing that.  It will make great basketball!!!  The only problem also is that you cannot count out any basketball team at this point.  Hopefully, Kountze will have the other two players back.  The bench players that Kountze do have will hopefully continue to step up and improve each game.  One thing for sure is that Kountze players do play with heart and a lot of pride and that does a lot for a team of that caliber.  Basketball is getting really interesting and fun to watch!!:)  I am hoping to go see Kountze play Crockett this Friday.  This will be a great test for them!!

A great test indeed! Also a game that worries me.... If Grayland or TJ get into foul trouble it could get scary. 

this game just got that much more interesting .  Kountze and Crockett players talking alot of noise on twitter. Crockett seems very confident they are gonna take us out.. 

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please

Kountze y'all might as well get ready for baseball