Kingwood Park 44 Nederland 41/Final

WOSgrad

15 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Lol Silsbee wouldn't beat Ozen...Ozen would beat Silsbee easily what is Silsbee going to do? Press Ozen all game yeah right that kind of ball only works on teams that don't have good guards I.E Central...Keep in mind hoops Bush beat Silsbee by 30 points and we all saw what happened last night.

Not saying they would.  I think you should tell Saveat to take Sigler up on his offer so we can see.  Silsbee did beat Central who won 2 out of 3 from Ozen.  And Big Sandy beat Nederland by small margins twice, just like Ozen.  Do I think Big Sandy would beat Ozen?  No.  Do I think Silsbee would beat Ozen if they played next year, probably.  But we probably won't know for sure because I doubt Ozen would want to play that game. 

But the way they are playing right now, I think one would have to argue that Ozen is the best area team.  And this IS the most important part of the season. 

16 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Not saying they would.  I think you should tell Saveat to take Sigler up on his offer so we can see.  Silsbee did beat Central who won 2 out of 3 from Ozen.  And Big Sandy beat Nederland by small margins twice, just like Ozen.  Do I think Big Sandy would beat Ozen?  No.  Do I think Silsbee would beat Ozen if they played next year, probably.  But we probably won't know for sure because I doubt Ozen would want to play that game. 

But the way they are playing right now, I think one would have to argue that Ozen is the best area team.  And this IS the most important part of the season. 

Idk about next year but this year Silsbee wouldn't beat Ozen....SIlsbee plays right into Ozen's hands no size all guard you're not beating Ozen off guard play alone I keep trying to tell yall this.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Big Sandy and Kountze would not beat Ozen.

Silsbee/Ozen would be a toss up. I'd give Silsbee a slight edge this year and a little more next year if they played.

Wouldn't be a toss up Aggie Silsbee plays right into Ozen's hands...idk how many times I have to say this but NOONE is going to beat Ozen just off guard play alone. It's not gone happen, Silsbee would be an easy game for Ozen. 

2 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Wouldn't be a toss up Aggie Silsbee plays right into Ozen's hands...idk how many times I have to say this but NOONE is going to beat Ozen just off guard play alone. It's not gone happen, Silsbee would be an easy game for Ozen. 

I don't know.  Although Ozen has some big game experience, so does Silsbee, but much more.  Plus those 2 pesky freshman actually push it to a toss up.  

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I don't know.  Although Ozen has some big game experience, so does Silsbee, but much more.  Plus those 2 pesky freshman actually push it to a toss up.  

You're missing the point Silsbee only know how to play one way...Ozen would not allow them to play up and down. If yall haven't noticed Ozen actually plays defense, score wouldn't be in the 80 & 90's yall need to do a better job of analyzing the game of basketball. 

7 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

It's very hard for me to take anything you say with validity after you stated Ozen would beat Atascocita.

23 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Look, you're not exactly the EF Hutton of talking basketball...

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It's very hard for me to take anything you say with validity after you stated Ozen would beat Atascocita.

Because they would...I predict Atascosita won't get out of the region this year like I've said before you guys are too caught up into the hype instead of actually analyzing the game. For example Kingwood almost beat Atascosita TWICE, Kingwood ends up losing to Dekaney first round of the playoffs a team that Ozen easily beat. Also Dekaney played Atascosita in a very close game the second time, so if you're telling me what I'm saying is farfetched than you're just simply caught up in the hype. Atascosita is ranked #5 in the nation but hasn't played a nationally ranked schedule makes no sense to me, they haven't played anyone else that nationally ranked....caught up in the hype smh

34 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

And Ozen absolutely has very good guard play.  But to say "NOONE" (which I presume to mean no one)?  Ridiculous.  You have a kid going to a Conference that is 29th out of 32 and an unsigned senior.  But I know, I know...those dumb college coaches don't know what they are doing...

8 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Because they would...I predict Atascosita won't get out of the region this year like I've said before you guys are too caught up into the hype instead of actually analyzing the game. For example Kingwood almost beat Atascosita TWICE, Kingwood ends up losing to Dekaney first round of the playoffs a team that Ozen easily beat. Also Dekaney played Atascosita in a very close game the second time, so if you're telling me what I'm saying is farfetched than you're just simply caught up in the hype. Atascosita is ranked #5 in the nation but hasn't played a nationally ranked schedule makes no sense to me, they haven't played anyone else that nationally ranked....caught up in the hype smh

Atascocita's guards are WAYYY better than yours.  Sorry.  Don't believe me?  Ask anyone that has no affiliation with your high school.  And they have a better big as well.  Keep throwing up close games they played.  Using that argument, YOU barely beat Nederland TWICE who you tell us is horrible.  Okay, I'm done abusing you for the day.  Kind of feels wrong on a Sunday.  

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

And Ozen absolutely has very good guard play.  But to say "NOONE" (which I presume to mean no one)?  Ridiculous.  You have a kid going to a Conference that is 29th out of 32 and an unsigned senior.  But I know, I know...those dumb college coaches don't know what they are doing...

No-one meaning no team in the state...

3 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Atascocita's guards are WAYYY better than yours.  Sorry.  Don't believe me?  Ask anyone that has no affiliation with your high school.  And they have a better big as well.  Keep throwing up close games they played.  Using that argument, YOU barely beat Nederland TWICE who you tell us is horrible.  Okay, I'm done abusing you for the day.  Kind of feels wrong on a Sunday.  

We played New Caney close as well then back doored and beat the #2 team in the state....Ozen plays down to it's competition at times. 

If Boyd or Comeaux played on a sneaker sponsored team we wouldnt be having this discussion. Some of you act as if they are ok and arent as good as some of the others in state i call bs. Boyd is and absolute BEAST and Comeaux if lighting. You dont think these guys couldnt play on that level your outta your dang on mind. All these so called better guards have things they need to work as well the Ozen tandem. Stop saying stupid stuff like oh college coaches know because if they really knew the transfer rate wouldnt be so high so yes they get it wrong sometimes. 

And PS stop LYING AGGIE AND TXHOOPS saying Saveat is scared to play Silsbee if thats the case why the hell would they scrimmage. I hope they do play... My advice unless you have concrete evidence then stop putting foolishness out there . I KNOW FOR A FACT NONE OF THE OZEN KIDS or coaches ARE SCARED. This isnt Bridge City and Orangefield. 

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Nothing personal on my part but its noticeable you're consistently comparing Ozen's close victories over Nederland as an indicator Ozen is just an average team. Taking nothing from Nederland they played their hearts out and gave Ozen fits both times. If Nederland were in the 3rd round playing Ozen they would play tough again but the end results in my opinion would be the same. Teams get up and play to there potential and above when playing a cross town rival. I like Ozen for who they are I'm not into comparing players and guessing who's better. Basketball is a team sport individualism only hinders the team's success. Some fans enjoy critiquing teams and players,i guess it makes great conversation and debates. Just an observation....We're in the third round of the playoffs and we're still sort of talking about Ozen's victories over Nederland Jan.5 and Jan.29 thats water under the bridge.... Winner winner chicken dinner....

44 minutes ago, JustUs said:

Nothing personal on my part but its noticeable you're consistently comparing Ozen's close victories over Nederland as an indicator Ozen is just an average team. Taking nothing from Nederland they played their hearts out and gave Ozen fits both times. If Nederland were in the 3rd round playing Ozen they would play tough again but the end results in my opinion would be the same. Teams get up and play to there potential and above when playing a cross town rival. I like Ozen for who they are I'm not into comparing players and guessing who's better. Basketball is a team sport individualism only hinders the team's success. Some fans enjoy critiquing teams and players,i guess it makes great conversation and debates. Just an observation....We're in the third round of the playoffs and we're still sort of talking about Ozen's victories over Nederland Jan.5 and Jan.29 thats water under the bridge.... Winner winner chicken dinner....

If you read my post in context, it's made in jest in response to OF picking out a couple of close scores in Atascocita's schedule.  I made that argument to show how foolish his argument was.  I agree Ozen is a much better team than Nederland.  

And as far as critiquing players, I think you will find that comes up when an Ozen poster or two first make statements that aren't grounded in reality.  

Best luck to Ozen and its kids.  I think you will find that despite what some who are delusional will tell you, most all of us are rooting for the Panthers to win each and every game left on their schedule. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

If you read my post in context, it's made in jest in response to OF picking out a couple of close scores in Atascocita's schedule.  I made that argument to show how foolish his argument was.  I agree Ozen is a much better team than Nederland.  

And as far as critiquing players, I think you will find that comes up when an Ozen poster or two first make statements that aren't grounded in reality.  

Best luck to Ozen and its kids.  I think you will find that despite what some who are delusional will tell you, most all of us are rooting for the Panthers to win each and every game left on their schedule. 

Yeah right hoops 

Ozen play top rated teams in 5a and 6a tournaments every year, so they don't avoid playing the likes of Silsbee or any team for that matter .For anyone to make that assumption, don't know the program Ozen runs. As far as Ozen beating Silsbee I will take Ozen in a close game due to Ozen experienced guard play ,as far as next year, we will cross that bridge when it gets here.Now ,Big Sandy may start of close ,but it wouldn't end close unless you call 15-20 points close.

23 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

Lol Silsbee wouldn't beat Ozen...Ozen would beat Silsbee easily what is Silsbee going to do? Press Ozen all game yeah right that kind of ball only works on teams that don't have good guards I.E Central...Keep in mind hoops Bush beat Silsbee by 30 points and we all saw what happened last night.

Its funny we all know kountze and silsbee as top teams in this area yet ozen skip out on a game every year. It's a shame because I'd love to see them play but I cant think of the last time ozen played either.  

52 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Like a previous poster stated, for the last 3 or 4 years, Ozen has played top 4a and 5a talent in various tournaments, so seriously doubt Ozen is dodging Silsbee...

I agree they play a tough schedule, No doubt just love to see a little home town match up some of those houston games I'd love to see but cant make due to work.

First of all, it don't matter right now because they all in different classifications. Second, cutting down the net on March 12th should be the only conversation. Good luck to all the team still playing. I'm for 409 no matter what...Please stop all of this childish behavior. Personally, I don't care about the past or who is better. All I care about is the next opponent.