Today is Appeals Day at UIL

AggiesAreWe

3 hours ago, coachhooker01 said:

Yes I looked it but and scratched my head on that doesn't matter the bus doesn't go very fast goof up the hills anyways and either way you go you have a good chance to hit a deer

I don't think they were ever worried about travel. They just don't want that district for all sports but football. I mean travel when Burnet is 20 miles away and Lampasas is 40. May be the worst appeal filed since realignment started.

12 hours ago, ShlyKBMT said:

Alice and Calallen just were approved to move to 30-5A. It's now an 11-team district! Plans are to have zones.

Hearing this is going to cause problems on Monday. Game limits in other sports are going to cause problems trying to schedule around, but for football the battle may be district lines. Corpus Christi ISD has 6 teams and they want zones, but it seems like the other districts don't. It would be difficult to figure out how to decide who has 6 teams in a zone and who has 5. Their are too many variables.

It is more than likely going to end up being a district that starts in Week 1 and ends in Week 11. No time to figure things out.

29 minutes ago, workbootz said:

It could be worse...that trip from  Baytown to Livingston going to be crucial.

Baytown to Livingston - 89 miles

hardin to Hempstead - 102 miles

Beaumont westbrook to Conroe - 106 miles

Navasota to bridge city -170 miles

7 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

So yall squeak out a last second miracle TD to beat Lumberton all while having the best RB in the country in your backfield,  and you want to talk trash? You should really let PNG, Nederland and Memorial do the trash-talking. LOL 

After beating up on 3 small schools, the Raiders came in a little confident.  In the end, the better team won...and you can come back to this thread and find this in October...PAM, Nederland, PN-G and Central, in no particular order.

7 hours ago, RaiderRed30 said:

I don't think they were ever worried about travel. They just don't want that district for all sports but football. I mean travel when Burnet is 20 miles away and Lampasas is 40. May be the worst appeal filed since realignment started.

agree all of the admin has changed from supt on down since I left in 2010, only one coach left one staff also

4 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

After beating up on 3 small schools, the Raiders came in a little confident.  In the end, the better team won...and you can come back to this thread and find this in October...PAM, Nederland, PN-G and Central, in no particular order.

I don't disagree that the better team on that day won.  Central's defense played lights out that game.  My reply was directed to you saying Livingston has virtually no shot in making the playoffs in 5A, right along with Ozen, Lumberton, Vidor and Lee...

Central is a good football team but not good enough to be talking down on the 5 teams mentioned.  And you can talk about how we beat up on small schools in pre-district all you want.  The fact remains that when district started Central beat the same teams that Lumberton beat and lost to the same teams that Lumberton lost to.  The Lumberton/Central game was decided on a last second hail mary pass to a receiver that had a 10in height advantage over our CB.  So just how much better do you think Central is than Lumberton.  Because I just don't see it.

1 hour ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

I don't disagree that the better team on that day won.  Central's defense played lights out that game.  My reply was directed to you saying Livingston has virtually no shot in making the playoffs in 5A, right along with Ozen, Lumberton, Vidor and Lee...

Central is a good football team but not good enough to be talking down on the 5 teams mentioned.  And you can talk about how we beat up on small schools in pre-district all you want.  The fact remains that when district started Central beat the same teams that Lumberton beat and lost to the same teams that Lumberton lost to.  The Lumberton/Central game was decided on a last second hail mary pass to a receiver that had a 10in height advantage over our CB.  So just how much better do you think Central is than Lumberton.  Because I just don't see it.

Historically, Lumberton doesn't have a winning record against any team in the current 22-5a with the exceptions of Lee and Livingston, so what he said is not a big stretch especially with PAM joining .  Livingston being added means Lumberton might be 6th instead of 7th in district next year.

This is the hidden content, please
 (3-11-0)

(1-12-0)

(3-7-1)

Beaumont Ozen (4-9-0)

(7-13-0)

Baytown Lee (2-0-0)

(12-10-1)

PAM (0-0)

15 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Historically, Lumberton doesn't have a winning record against any team in the current 22-5a with the exceptions of Lee and Livingston, so what he said is not a big stretch especially with PAM joining .  Livingston being added means Lumberton might be 6th instead of 7th in district next year.

(3-11-0)

(1-12-0)

(3-7-1)

Beaumont Ozen (4-9-0)

(7-13-0)

Baytown Lee (2-0-0)

(12-10-1)

PAM (0-0)

Appreciate the facts Bigdog.  But to not take away from the title of the thread, I'll see if I can find the prediction thread for the "new" 22-5A or create a new one.  Then you can join me over there for a little friendly debate...

42 minutes ago, bigdog said:

(3-11-0)

(1-12-0)

(3-7-1)

Beaumont Ozen (4-9-0)

(7-13-0)

Baytown Lee (2-0-0)

(12-10-1)

PAM (0-0)

There also 6-23 against my Bears. Can't wait to see them play in pre district

I have come to the final conclusion that the UIL members are idiots. Why do they keep throwing Livingston in 22-5A and not Barbers Hill. Livingston would be better off with the district 21-5A as for as travel. Nine team districts should not be allowed to exist. Some teams may loose their bye weeks because of this stupidity because now all schedules need to be redone. I know there is no precise way to make these districts but we need some people with some brains up there to try to keep the closest teams in the same district.

19 minutes ago, Coach85 said:

I have come to the final conclusion that the UIL members are idiots. Why do they keep throwing Livingston in 22-5A and not Barbers Hill. Livingston would be better off with the district 21-5A as for as travel. Nine team districts should not be allowed to exist. Some teams may loose their bye weeks because of this stupidity because now all schedules need to be redone. I know there is no precise way to make these districts but we need some people with some brains up there to try to keep the closest teams in the same district.

It's not what you know. It's who you know and how deep their pockets are.