Jasper - WOS 2016 - 17 Football Game

Why Not?

Not going to happen! I got insight last night from a reliable source. That Jasper coach was ask and never returned the phone call, but looking for a game.lol Even went as far to tell me he would change the schedule if could  to play Jasper. Also was told Ozen and PA was ask and said no as well. Most coaches worry about wins. At WOS Coaches worry about making the team better in the long haul. Iron sharpens Iron

23 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

Some teams around SETX just do not want to play WOS anymore. I guess they are tired of losing and want the W more than helping their team get better by playing a tough team.

I'm happy LCM plays WOS. I know we have won only  2 games in the past 30 years against them but I would be disappointed if we did not play them anymore. 

5 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

I'm happy LCM plays WOS. I know we have won only  2 games in the past 30 years against them but I would be disappointed if we did not play them anymore. 

I like seeing LCM play WOS, it is always a challenge. Win or lose it helps the program get better and gets teams ready for district and beyond.

3 hours ago, LCM17 said:

I agree, I think its a game that should always be played.  It generates a lot of interest and fun for the town and some good natured talk among graduates form both schools.  Not to mention there are times when you may have a cousin playing against another cousin.  LCM always seems to play WOS tough and puts up great effort.  Besides no matter which stadium the game is played at, it s a short drive home either way! lol

14 hours ago, MBaller#1 said:

Wos needs to schedule Katy Manvel or allen 

Iron sharpens Iron! One thing I do know is that WOS have one of the toughest Non District Schedules . WOS always plays higher classification, except (Newton). What team you root for #1?

If true that Jasper wouldn't play WO-S, then that's pretty pathetic especially given the weak district. No offense to the other teams, but this has to be the weakest district Jasper has played in...ever. The UIL is really taking the competitiveness out of high school games, especially in the lower classifications. Competition sharpens skills and helps players earn scholarships. I fear all the participation trophies will hurt not only the game, but the kids in the long run. Oh well, so not looking forward to Jasper football this season. These things in addition to the coaching losses will hasten the decline. 

I root for my silsbee tigers but wos and silsbee are like family I believe they look forward to playing each other and they help each other it's both teams big test to see where they are just like last year silsbee played toe to toe with the Mustangs for a half then wos wore silsbee down in the second half and pulled away a strong non district schedule is needed to help these teams against perennial playoffs teams that is if teams plan on making a run at a state title of course I have much respect for wos and all of our setx teams when playoff time comes for all our teams we are all family the way it should be.