Supreme Court Justice Scalia

PhatMack19

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

I would hope our government assassins are better than that.  I sleep with a pillow over my head sometimes.  Either way an autopsy should be mandatory for any govt official in a role such as this.  

I agree 100%.  I would have lost a few dollars on a bet.  

4 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I would hope our government assassins are better than that.  I sleep with a pillow over my head sometimes.  Either way an autopsy should be mandatory for any govt official in a role such as this.  

I was under the assumption that, if you did not die in a hospital or under hospice care, an autopsy was mandatory.  

33 minutes ago, baddog said:

Autopsy can still be performed.

I ain't no ME, but I'd think the sooner it was done the better.  Still, unless we want to hear stories about the guy hiding in the gulch with a syringe for the next 20 years, they ought to.   

8 hours ago, gohornets23 said:

probably a gay woman muslim, dope smoker, left handed, FOREIGN truck AND hairy armpits 

Lmbo gh23.  IMO a classic post. 

I suppose y'all have thot of this, but it's possible O's backing Hillary in the hopes he'll get nominated to the SC if she wins.  Which, now that I think about it, would fit several of gh23 descriptions :) 

On 2/16/2016 at 7:30 PM, TxHoops said:

Not "mandatory" but certainly "customary" from what I understand.  

not really I don't think, typically if there is not a suspicion of foul play the family will elect not too, the guy was old and overweight with heart problems, not sure this was a shock to those close to him. Many times families of the deceased would rather not have the cadaver cut into if there's not real reason. 

That won't stop conspiracy theorists from running wild with it though...just for the sake of argument and since it's so fresh, straw poll how many of you who think scalia's death is suspicious, and also think that 9/11 was an inside job, we never landed on the moon, sandy hook was obama trying to take guns away, jade helm was obama taking over texas...etc.

1 hour ago, gohornets23 said:

not really I don't think, typically if there is not a suspicion of foul play the family will elect not too, the guy was old and overweight with heart problems, not sure this was a shock to those close to him. Many times families of the deceased would rather not have the cadaver cut into if there's not real reason. 

That won't stop conspiracy theorists from running wild with it though...just for the sake of argument and since it's so fresh, straw poll how many of you who think scalia's death is suspicious, and also think that 9/11 was an inside job, we never landed on the moon, sandy hook was obama trying to take guns away, jade helm was obama taking over texas...etc.

Arent you going to add in the following? IRS/Lois Lerner- vast right wing conspiracy  Benghazi/Hillary emails- vast right wing conspiracy

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Arent you going to add in the following? IRS/Lois Lerner- vast right wing conspiracy  Benghazi/Hillary emails- vast right wing conspiracy

yeah why not..but i haven't heard that much about either of those, my point (i guess) is that it seems like people who believe one conspiracy thing tend to believe in pretty much all of them. My science teacher back in high school sure did, he taught us all about how the moon landing was faked and the CIA killed JFK and tons of other stuff. Of course that was before 9/11 and Sandy Hook but I bet he's into those conspiracies too...it's like a hobby for some people 

I certainly don't believe in all conspiracy theories, but take it from an old man, don't ignore them out of hand.  Scalia's death is a prime example.  An autopsy would be prudent, regardless of his health.  If all bases are covered immediately, you've put out any conspiracy credibility fire.   If you take forever to explain an event, such as the assassination of Kennedy, it's obviously not open and shut, so it becomes open to theories.  Or if a series of events continue to happen, again and again, it's open to theories.  An example would be the 46 deaths of people close to the Clinton's in the last 3 decades.  Another example is if the Govt tries to obfuscate an event.  An example would be the Roswell Incident.  Before you start laughing, let me ask, do you believe everything our Govt says?  I hope not.  I know of 3 different explanations the Govt has given for Roswell.  First it was announced it was a UFO.  Then they claimed it was a weather balloon.  I think the last it was a secret weather ballon.  Now the GAO can't even find any records of the event.  That's like waving a red flag at a conspiracy bull.  

So whether you think a conspiracy theory is ridiculous or not, take a look at what facts are available, and then decide.  I think a few of them may have some validity. 

I wonder if the Liberal Media will even acknowledge this.  

Lets reverse the situation somewhat.  For instance, a white Republican President is going to skip the funeral of Assoc Justice Ginsburgh to meet with a white supremacist group who just disrupted and destroyed several blocks of Baltimore under the guise of "white lives matter".  What would be the reaction of the Liberal Media?   

On February 18, 2016 at 11:46 PM, smitty said:

If they thought it was good then, then it must be good now!  LOL!!

This is the hidden content, please

Again, that sword cuts both ways and just goes to show the hypocrisy of both parties.  Most claim to be strict supporters of the clear reading of the Constitution - they should read article 2. 

On February 18, 2016 at 0:14 AM, PhatMack19 said:

He must have a tee time or something....

I'm not the biggest Scalia fan but the President should be ashamed of not being there to pay homage to the man.  Whether you agree with him or not, he's been one of the biggest contributors on the Court since his appointment and deserves respect.  One of the neatest stories to come out of this horrible tragedy is the unique relationship between Scalia and Ginsburg.  They couldn't be further apart on their ideologies but shared a deep mutual respect and a special friendship.  Those buffoons in the other branches of government could learn a lot from the example set by those two. 

2 hours ago, REBgp said:

Hoops, like Scalia and Ginsburg (interesting bit of information), you and I rarely agree politically, but on the buffoon part R & D is a Big High Five!

agree 

The funny thing is when I saw the piece on Scalia, I thought immediately of a few guys on this board that I rarely agree with politically, but of whom personally I couldn't be fonder (yourself included).

I didn't always agree with Scalia, although on many issues I did.  But he was a brilliant legal scholar who gave everything he had to the law.