Class of 2017

dBerrySports

Crosby 2017's so far:

Mannie Netherly(WR) - A&M commit, #36 in country, #35 overall in the state

Carlos Grace(RB) - UH commit, #65 RB in country, #117 overall in the state

Tay'lor Perry(CB) - Big 10 offers, #42 in country, #76 overall in state

Jordan Hill(WR) - Offers from Colorado St. and Bowling Green among others, NR

Trey Edwards(WR) - Kid that jumped over Dayton defender's head an did 360, No offers yet

Alec Lewis(OLB/S) - Should have multiple offers after the Spring evaluation period

*Craig Williams(RB) - 2018 247sports 5-star, freshman All-American and currently holds multiple offers

Have many other who will get offers but just posted the kids who already have/should get FBS offers  

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby 2017's so far:

Trey Edwards(WR) - Kid that jumped over Dayton defender's head an did 360, No offers yet

Alec Lewis(OLB/S) - Should have multiple offers after the Spring evaluation period

*Craig Williams(RB) - 2018 247sports 5-star, freshman All-American and currently holds multiple offers

Have many other who will get offers but just posted the kids who already have/should get FBS offers  

Good athletes and you  guys have one heck of a recruiting coordinator over there.  Love what Crosby is doing.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 9:14 AM, GCMinTheFuture said:

Good athletes and you  guys have one heck of a recruiting coordinator over there.  Love what Crosby is doing.

Yeah, he really works hard for the kids and gets some of the marginal players opportunities they normally probably wouldn't get. I believe we've signed over 40 players the last four years.

There are many many colleges on every level in the US looking for players of all skill levels. A guy like Coach Mann can make all the difference for your program. The D1 guys will obviously be found, it's the guys that sign with the UTPB's and Southern Nazarene's of the world who benefit from having a hustler like Mann around the school. I am still a little surprised that GCM didn't give him a serious look, but I"d assume that his time will be coming in the next season or two.

9 minutes ago, Scatright said:

There are many many colleges on every level in the US looking for players of all skill levels. A guy like Coach Mann can make all the difference for your program. The D1 guys will obviously be found, it's the guys that sign with the UTPB's and Southern Nazarene's of the world who benefit from having a hustler like Mann around the school. I am still a little surprised that GCM didn't give him a serious look, but I"d assume that his time will be coming in the next season or two.

Well, I hope he stays around longer than another year or two for Crosby's sake. I don't think Mann's any older than 32 so he have plenty of opportunities going forward. I don't think GCM had enough athletes for him to be successful right away though, like he could be at a place like Humble if West were to leave. Not only is he hustling for the Crosby kids, he's also helping out kids at other schools.  

On February 3, 2016 at 7:34 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby 2017's so far:

Lamar needs to offer Lewis here quick before other schools. He can flat out play some good ball

Interesting to see if offer #22 makes Mannie think about A&M more? Maybe the OU one too? Either way it's good times at Crosby, I expect in excess of 50 division one offers between all of our kids by the end of the Spring evaluation period. The two outside receivers should total more than 30 FBS offers themselves. 

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 0:13 PM, navydawg31 said:

Lamar needs to offer Lewis here quick before other schools. He can flat out play some good ball

I'll put it like this. Your FCS players are usually FBS players that are missing something. Height, weight, speed, grades, etc. I'm not really sure Alec is missing anything, his film just hasn't made the rounds yet. I think he's every bit as good as Collin Wilder or Travis Whillock from Katy who had 22 reported D1 offers between them.

7 hours ago, Bmt_4now said:

Hopefully the QB at legacy will get some looks, if he was in the public school district he would be best QB in south east Texas this year!!! He's the best I should say people would know who he is.

Then he needs to move. Playing at a private school like Legacy is a death sentence for talented kids college chances. He needs to get in a public school.

10 hours ago, Bmt_4now said:

Hopefully the QB at legacy will get some looks, if he was in the public school district he would be best QB in south east Texas this year!!! He's the best I should say people would know who he is.

Yes public school would be a huge help for him!!  Especially his home town!!:)

13 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

It certainly seems to be hurting the college chances of Alexis Morris who attends this same school. 

You are comparing a female basketball player to a football QB. Those are two completely different animals when it comes to college recruiting.

Alexis is one of the best players we've seen come through this area in ages, and one of the best players in the nation. the QB in question is not. If you put Hunter Johnson, or Dylan Mccaffery at Legacy, they'd get looks like Alexis. This kid is not those guys. If he plans to get the "looks" he is not getting at Legacy, entering the public school system is the way to make that happen. As someone above stated, if he joins this Silsbee team and is a great player there, he will get the looks that he desires.

2 hours ago, Scatright said:

You are comparing a female basketball player to a football QB. Those are two completely different animals when it comes to college recruiting.

Alexis is one of the best players we've seen come through this area in ages, and one of the best players in the nation. the QB in question is not. If you put Hunter Johnson, or Dylan Mccaffery at Legacy, they'd get looks like Alexis. This kid is not those guys. If he plans to get the "looks" he is not getting at Legacy, entering the public school system is the way to make that happen. As someone above stated, if he joins this Silsbee team and is a great player there, he will get the looks that he desires.

Jones is special talent and I bet the QBs your speaking about has a great supporting group of kids around them, jones had a few with a below average line to say the least! Anyway it'll be interesting if he leaves Legacy!

3 hours ago, Scatright said:

Is he better than Dontre Thomas?  How many looks did Dontre get?  I'm a huge fan of DT and I will never understand why he didn't get more looks.  Maybe he had a flaw in his throwing motion that only the top scouts can see.  I have no idea.  But this is what I do know.  If you are good enough, the scouts will find you.  You would think that going to Lumberton might hurt recruiting chances, but I know that there were coaches from Power 5 conferences that stopped by there this past year.  But guess what, none of our players got a single "look" from any of those visitors.  Why?  Because we didn't have any Power 5 conference football players.

This is the same conversation people were having in the late 80s when public school kids were transferring to Kelly HS.  Everyone said they wouldn't get the looks from recruiters like they would at West Brook or Central (or French & BCP).  There were probably more Kelly kids on the Beaumont and Port Arthur Super Gold teams those years than most public schools.  That line of thinking was not true back then and with Social Media/Internet, it is even less true today.

9 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Is he better than Dontre Thomas?  How many looks did Dontre get?  I'm a huge fan of DT and I will never understand why he didn't get more looks.  Maybe he had a flaw in his throwing motion that only the top scouts can see.  I have no idea.  But this is what I do know.  If you are good enough, the scouts will find you.  You would think that going to Lumberton might hurt recruiting chances, but I know that there were coaches from Power 5 conferences that stopped by there this past year.  But guess what, none of our players got a single "look" from any of those visitors.  Why?  Because we didn't have any Power 5 conference football players.

This is the same conversation people were having in the late 80s when public school kids were transferring to Kelly HS.  Everyone said they wouldn't get the looks from recruiters like they would at West Brook or Central (or French & BCP).  There were probably more Kelly kids on the Beaumont and Port Arthur Super Gold teams those years than most public schools.  That line of thinking was not true back then and with Social Media/Internet, it is even less true today.

This is untrue. If you hide yourself, and you are not transcendent, they will not find you. Why do you think the schools in our area have guys they call "recruiting coordinators"? Those guys beat the bushes for the kids at their schools, and the coaches come by. They have to work that hard at successful public schools to get kids looks, how much harder will you have to work at Legacy. Shoot Coach Mann an email over at Crosby and ask him how many signees they had before he got there vs how many they have now? I promise the numbers will shock you.

Trust me, if this kid is as good as you say, and he goes to Lumberton, he will get looks. Lumberton does not hurt recruiting chances, Legacy hurts recruiting chances. No one wants to see film of a good QB destroying St. Mary's cathedral school of the disenfranchised boys. If the QB at Lumberton runs wild and throws for 400 yards against PNG or Nederland, people take notice.

Either way, good luck to the young man. I hope he and his parents make their way back to Silsbee, which is where I hear he belongs.

17 minutes ago, Scatright said:

This is untrue. If you hide yourself, and you are not transcendent, they will not find you. Why do you think the schools in our area have guys they call "recruiting coordinators"? Those guys beat the bushes for the kids at their schools, and the coaches come by. They have to work that hard at successful public schools to get kids looks, how much harder will you have to work at Legacy. Shoot Coach Mann an email over at Crosby and ask him how many signees they had before he got there vs how many they have now? I promise the numbers will shock you.

Trust me, if this kid is as good as you say, and he goes to Lumberton, he will get looks. Lumberton does not hurt recruiting chances, Legacy hurts recruiting chances. No one wants to see film of a good QB destroying St. Mary's cathedral school of the disenfranchised boys. If the QB at Lumberton runs wild and throws for 400 yards against PNG or Nederland, people take notice.

Either way, good luck to the young man. I hope he and his parents make their way back to Silsbee, which is where I hear he belongs.

Coach Mann provides a valuable service and does a great job for those kids.  But even he will tell you that the work he is doing is for the kids that are not going D1.  He is helping kids get D2/D3/NAIA looks.  And concerning the Legacy QB, maybe he should choose somewhere in between Legacy and Silsbee.  Oh, I don't know, maybe Lumberton?  Sounds like a fair compromise to me.