District 10-4a Div 1

3Falcons

10 hours ago, LCM17 said:

Navasota lost there Qb and Wr. I don't know what they have coming up.

Road trips.  That's what they have coming up.  Lots of highway miles. 

How are y'all looking going into next year?  Another rebuilding year?  

Just looking at the teams you have to expect Silsbee, Navasota, BC, HH, and LCM to be playoff-quality in most years.  Livingston is an up and down program, and Cleveland won't miss the playoffs every year.  There's really not a perrenial dog in the bunch.  I predict that there's going to be a really good team (or two) that don't even make the playoffs.  

18 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Road trips.  That's what they have coming up.  Lots of highway miles. 

How are y'all looking going into next year?  Another rebuilding year?  

Just looking at the teams you have to expect Silsbee, Navasota, BC, HH, and LCM to be playoff-quality in most years.  Livingston is an up and down program, and Cleveland won't miss the playoffs every year.  There's really not a perrenial dog in the bunch.  I predict that there's going to be a really good team (or two) that don't even make the playoffs.  

Well our starting QB will be back with two of our running backs. I'm not going to make any predictions on  how we are going to be its to early.  I'm hoping we will not be in the slot t lol  The past years LCM defense has been the weak point,  I hope we work on that side of the ball.  How will BC do any early predictions?

Everybody in our district played weak defense.... it was crazy.  It's not obvious where our improvements on that side of the ball will come from.  

Prediction? We're going to win the district.  That's why we're putting the hard work in now.  

We're going to play better ball than we did last year.  Our core group on offense will be seniors, and we expect them to do a better job of executing the system.  Some kids will have to really step up on the defensive side.... if that happens, we'll give anybody in the district fits.  We need to hit the playoffs with a 1 or 2 seed.  Our tradition of getting bounced in the first round ends this year.  

BC is going to hurt feelings in 2016.   

I hope you guys have things turned around for this season, too....

Navasota will be fine. Replacing our QB will be our biggest challenge. However, we have a good group coming back plus our JV team went 9-1 or 8-1 on the season only losing to Sealy 7-0.

JV Schedule 2015

Georgetown Eastview

Yates

Coldspring

Bryan

Belton

Sterling

Sealy

Magnolia

Wheatley

A&M Consolidated

Lee Fedora will have this team back to playing in the championship in no time. After all, we didn't expect our 2014 championship to come so soon. We all figured that we would get back to the championship in 2015 instead. As we all saw, defense wins championships and a shutdown defense is what we lacked. Our defense should be our strong point this season.

I expect Navasota to be very tough this year, along with Silsbee, BC, LCM and don't plan to sleep on Livingston or Cleveland either. The original point was, get ready to spend some time on the road come Friday nights.

On to other points: Huffman should be ready, will be interesting in the direction we go in finding a new QB but the team looks solid. Return almost all the Defense which was extremely young last year and came around at times last half of the season. O-line returns 4 of 5, 2 of which will be 3 year starters. Return our RB and 3 of 4 WRs, 1 of which will be a 3 year starter.

2 hours ago, Mr.Green Jeans said:

I see the top three teams in the district being Navasota, Silsbee, and Huffman.  However every week will be a dog fight, and the four teams that make the playoffs will definitely be battle tested.

It's hard to pick a "top 3."   I don't think we're behind Huffman at all.  I'd be surprised if LCM isn't playing up to their potential this year, too.  If this is one of Livingston's "good" years, they'll be a force.  And I hate to count Cleveland out of beating a few people and finishing in the fourth spot.   A lot of people don't realize that Livingston and Cleveland go WAY back as a rivalry...  That's a good game by itself.  

I'm not gonna lie...  I think 10-4A D1 is the most exciting district in the area.  

On February 3, 2016 at 10:33 AM, LCM17 said:

Well our starting QB will be back with two of our running backs. I'm not going to make any predictions on  how we are going to be its to early.  I'm hoping we will not be in the slot t lol  The past years LCM defense has been the weak point,  I hope we work on that side of the ball.  How will BC do any early predictions?

From what I heard LCM

will be back

in the spread next season. They've scrapped the slot T

23 minutes ago, marshman said:

From what I heard LCM

will be back

in the spread next season. They've scrapped the slot T

I've heard the same thing. Crouch will be OC and Bickham DC. They swapped back into place. I didn't want to say anything because last year a few people got thier feelings hurt because I was discussing the offense. 

7 hours ago, LCM17 said:

I've heard the same thing. Crouch will be OC and Bickham DC. They swapped back into place. I didn't want to say anything because last year a few people got thier feelings hurt because I was discussing the offense. 

Its will be a tough district but I look for LCM to be much better than last year.  Don't know if they will compete for the district title but they should contend for a playoff spot. or at least I hope they will!

On Thursday, February 04, 2016 at 8:18 PM, 3Falcons said:

I expect Navasota to be very tough this year, along with Silsbee, BC, LCM and don't plan to sleep on Livingston or Cleveland either. The original point was, get ready to spend some time on the road come Friday nights.

On to other points: Huffman should be ready, will be interesting in the direction we go in finding a new QB but the team looks solid. Return almost all the Defense which was extremely young last year and came around at times last half of the season. O-line returns 4 of 5, 2 of which will be 3 year starters. Return our RB and 3 of 4 WRs, 1 of which will be a 3 year starter.

Huffman has a sophomore to be that has already been offered by U of H bout 6'4'' has a great arm and decently mobile. They will be just fine at the QB position they will be solid and compete for 2nd just like everyone else, I think Navasota should take the district.