The 7'3" Kid

Truth of the matter is, the kid didn't just MOVE into the north end of Beaumont, Texas with his family and was just ZONED to Central High School...He was PLACED there and everyone knows it.  Don't act like whatever district coach was not in within their right to protest such a move.  I'm just saying. Lets just be real here.

Just now, stevenash said:

DV- Are you suggesting that he didn't come here for the communications program like they do in Houston?

I am saying that it was no coincidence that this kid landed at Central HS in Beaumont. He was PLACED there...Kind of like how Hardin Jefferson just stumbles upon players with Beaumont addresses...LOL

3 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I just found it interesting that the same guy who credited move ins to communications programs in Houston believes otherwise in Beaumont.

Houston, is an entirely DIFFERENT scenario. Its in a much larger city with many more schools in closer proximities to contend with. Where are this kid's parents? Did they move here? By Central? NO. I'm just saying that there are definite red flags with the situation. There would have been if the kid ended up in Houston at Yates too!

36 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

Truth of the matter is, the kid didn't just MOVE into the north end of Beaumont, Texas with his family and was just ZONED to Central High School...He was PLACED there and everyone knows it.  Don't act like whatever district coach was not in within their right to protest such a move.  I'm just saying. Lets just be real here.

DV, here's how it went down. Chris' (7'3 kid) parents sent him to America from Nigeria for a better life with hopes of basketball in his future. Chris was in school in Atlanta for the 2014-2015 school year. Right before the 2015-2016 school year started, he found out that his school shut down. Some question why he found out right before the year started and not earlier. Remember, he doesn't have family living here, mom not in the PTA... to stay on top of what's happening at school during the summer months. Hell, I would guess that a lot of parents these days wouldn't even know if their school blew up during the summer lol. After learning that the school closed, an  AAU coach close to Chris contacted another AAU coach in his organization (who lives in Beaumont) and asked if he could take the kid in. AAU coach in Beaumont agreed and initially we tried to enroll him at KELLY. However, Kelly begins school 2 weeks earlier than Central and with the time that it took for Chris to make arrangements to get to Beaumont, Kelly was almost a month into the school year. After going through initial steps to enroll him at Kelly (which I was part of), it was determined that he wouldn't be able to catch up and log enough classroom hours this school year. So the AAU coach in Beaumont took him to Central, where he enrolled after the school year began. There are a lot of people on the site that think there's something more to the story, but that's simply not true. Just because an AAU coach is involved, people think it was all arranged from the start. Think about it....who else would be close to a 7'3 kid in America OTHER THAN someone involved in basketball??? Now anything that's taken place since September, I'm out of the loop on and cant speak to. He is ineligible because he doesn't live with a blood relative from what I understand. So he is playing JV until the 2016-2017 school year.

1 minute ago, winwin said:

DV, here's how it went down. Chris' (7'3 kid) parents sent him to America from Nigeria for a better life with hopes of basketball in his future. Chris was in school in Atlanta for the 2014-2015 school year. Right before the 2015-2016 school year started, he found out that his school shut down. Some question why he found out right before the year started and not earlier. Remember, he doesn't have family living here, mom not in the PTA... to stay on top of what's happening at school during the summer months. Hell, I would guess that a lot of parents these days wouldn't even know if their school blew up during the summer lol. After learning that the school closed, an  AAU coach close to Chris contacted another AAU coach in his organization (who lives in Beaumont) and asked if he could take the kid in. AAU coach in Beaumont agreed and initially we tried to enroll him at KELLY. However, Kelly begins school 2 weeks earlier than Central and with the time that it took for Chris to make arrangements to get to Beaumont, Kelly was almost a month into the school year. After going through initial steps to enroll him at Kelly (which I was part of), it was determined that he wouldn't be able to catch up and log enough classroom hours this school year. So the AAU coach in Beaumont took him to Central, where he enrolled after the school year began. There are a lot of people on the site that think there's something more to the story, but that's simply not true. Just because an AAU coach is involved, people think it was all arranged from the start. Think about it....who else would be close to a 7'3 kid in America OTHER THAN someone involved in basketball??? Now anything that's taken place since September, I'm out of the loop on and cant speak to. He is ineligible because he doesn't live with a blood relative from what I understand. So he is playing JV until the 2016-2017 school year.

Ok, so is it safe to make the assumption that he was PLACED AT CENTRAL FOR ATHLETIC PURPOSES? Its a simple yes or no question and I am sure we all no the answer to that. If the answer to that is YES, then HE'S NOT ELIGIBLE. Simple.

Just now, Dick Vitale said:

Ok, so is it safe to make the assumption that he was PLACED AT CENTRAL FOR ATHLETIC PURPOSES? Its a simple yes or no question and I am sure we all no the answer to that. If the answer to that is YES, then HE'S NOT ELIGIBLE. Simple.

He was placed at Central because the AAU coach in Beaumont has a kid at Central. And he wasn't being brought to Kelly for athletic purposes either. Kelly was the obvious 1st choice

Just now, winwin said:

He was placed at Central because the AAU coach in Beaumont has a kid at Central. And he wasn't being brought to Kelly for athletic purposes either. Kelly was the obvious 1st choice

I'm sorry brother, but that stinks to high heaven...Seriously...AAU Coach just HAPPENS to want to take a 7'3" kid in, because he is such a "good guy"? Again that is SO SUSPECT...Sorry, I just call it like I see it....Would he have received that same phone call if the kid were a 5'6" African kid that could not play basketball at all? I think not...I smell MORE than a rat! lol

3 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

I'm sorry brother, but that stinks to high heaven...Seriously...AAU Coach just HAPPENS to want to take a 7'3" kid in, because he is such a "good guy"? Again that is SO SUSPECT...Sorry, I just call it like I see it....Would he have received that same phone call if the kid were a 5'6" African kid that could not play basketball at all? I think not...I smell MORE than a rat! lol

But he has taken other kids into his home in the past that aren't basketball players. This guys does do a lot for kids. And no one mentions that there IS another kid with Chris. And he isn't a good basketball player at all. He just needs a place to live.

1 minute ago, winwin said:

But he has taken other kids into his home in the past that aren't basketball players. This guys does do a lot for kids. And no one mentions that there IS another kid with Chris. And he isn't a good basketball player at all. He just needs a place to live.

OK. This MAY be the case...It just looks very funny from my point of view...I've been around this a very long time, and it just does not look right, that's all...FYI, there is a guy in Houston named Frank Rutherford that takes in kids from the Bahamas to give them a better life all the time too...I'm just saying...Been there, SEEN that...

13 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

OK. This MAY be the case...It just looks very funny from my point of view...I've been around this a very long time, and it just does not look right, that's all...FYI, there is a guy in Houston named Frank Rutherford that takes in kids from the Bahamas to give them a better life all the time too...I'm just saying...Been there, SEEN that...

I understand

12 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

da Dove looks over @ Dickie > I remember those times (Frank) :) 

2 hours ago, winwin said:

Welp.  

Easy there Winwin.   Give the man a chance to breathe...

Just now, TxHoops said:

No worries Dickie V.  Ozen's been taking those Ls with or without the big man.  Justice has been served.  Or in the Panthers' case, exposed ;)

Lets see...State Championships, Ozen 1, Central 0 (side note Ozen started varsity play in 1999), State Appearances Ozen 5, Central 2 (side note Ozen started varsity play in 1999), From 2000-2012, Central did not get ONE VICTORY against Ozen...NOT ONE....It's OBVIOUS which program has some catching up to do! LOL

1 minute ago, Dick Vitale said:

Lets see...State Championships, Ozen 1, Central 0 (side note Ozen started varsity play in 1999), State Appearances Ozen 5, Central 2 (side note Ozen started varsity play in 1999), From 2000-2012, Central did not get ONE VICTORY against Ozen...NOT ONE....It's OBVIOUS which program has some catching up to do! LOL

I thought we were talking about this year.  But thanks for the history lesson of games from when Chris was in diapers.  

As for the games that he COULD have been a part of, that scoreboard shines a little bright...

7 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I thought we were talking about this year.  But thanks for the history lesson of games from when Chris was in diapers.  

As for the games that he COULD have been a part of, that scoreboard shines a little bright...

We were ACTUALLY discussing the "magical" move in at Central this summer, due to some AAU charity work, but you brought up beating Ozen, so I thought I would put things into perspective for you somewhat. But, you're welcome...

2 hours ago, Dick Vitale said:

We were ACTUALLY discussing the "magical" move in at Central this summer, due to some AAU charity work, but you brought up beating Ozen, so I thought I would put things into perspective for you somewhat. But, you're welcome...

2 hours ago, Dick Vitale said:

I just read the numbers and it's sad how sorry that coaching staff has been man all that talent and only 1 vs a team with the tallest player 6'5 smh in 03 

5 hours ago, winwin said:

Tough guy that molds tough men. I loved playing for him! 

What is ignored is that the kid was and is thousands of miles away from his family and was stuck in a bad situation with no school to attend.  He was taken in, clothed, fed, and enrolled in school.  Kind of sounds like a hardship situation to me.  The DC obviously agreed.  Couple of schools, consumed with trying to beat the school, brought in the wahmbulances and he has been relegated to watching.  Unfortunately for the cryers, they have posted a big ol' doughnut in the win department against the Jags through the first few contests.  But hey, no doubt your losses were a little closer than they would have been so congrats!

Just now, TxHoops said:

What is ignored is that the kid was and is thousands of miles away from his family and was stuck in a bad situation with no school to attend.  He was taken in, clothed, fed, and enrolled in school.  Kind of sounds like a hardship situation to me.  The DC obviously agreed.  Couple of schools, consumed with trying to beat the school, brought in the wahmbulances and he has been relegated to watching.  Unfortunately for the cryers, they have posted a big ol' doughnut in the win department against the Bulldogs through the first few contests.  But hey, no doubt your losses were a little closer than they would have been so congrats!

No one had anything to say when Tyler Toon was eligible his senior year after transferring from Nimitz. I think he moved in with a relative so it could be a diffrent situation. Idk though.