The 7'3" Kid

1 hour ago, CATMAN said:

No it not  it the facts if i am stupidity and ignorant then in American & Texas they are millions of us

I think we all in some form or fashion support ( financially) the NBA's Basketball W/O Borders program. And as far as this young man's situation, he is still playing the game he loves, just not at the high school varsity level. Let his JV experience prepare him for the upcoming summer months, where it will really matter. In the devil's pit :)

I went to PNG last night to watch this kid on JV.  he wasn't there and the people around me -BISD folk -  said he got into a fight with a female student so was not eligible to play.  I left before the game so cant attest to the fact if he played later or what. 

19 minutes ago, Whoa said:

I went to PNG last night to watch this kid on JV.  he wasn't there and the people around me -BISD folk -  said he got into a fight with a female student so was not eligible to play.  I left before the game so cant attest to the fact if he played later or what. 

Cat's out of the bag....I knew all about the incident...Tried not to bring that up.

22 hours ago, Whoa said:

Yeah, a one sided "fight", I heard. A friend said it didnt look good.

A fight with a female student that "didn't look good". Surely we can get an account of the incident. This sounds disgusting. Not eligible to play seems light for something like this. Not able to attend school/somewhere behind bars seems much more appropriate. Though, I am just assuming he beat up a girl. I would love to hear reliable or official accounts before I jump to conclusion.

22 hours ago, Dick Vitale said:

Cat's out of the bag....I knew all about the incident...Tried not to bring that up.

Yea me too. Thought he was a good kid...until this came up. Dont really know a person until they show their true colors. From what I heard, he is no longer in Beaumont. 

15 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

I don't think he is even IN Beaumont anymore.

I guess that is a little of my point. I dont have the facts like you all do so my opinion is based on my previous assumption. If my assumption is accurate, shouldn't the law be involved. I dont think you can assault a female and just pack up and leave and avoid punishment. No charges or anything filed? He just gets a free pass to a school or basketball entity that takes him? Like I said I do not know the specifics like you all who confirm reports. Just dont seem logical that he can just leave and avoid the real issue, which sounds like a committed aggravated assault on a female.

25 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Probably Bridgeport,. Couldn't even put this one on sour lake!

Houston St. Thomas. So we get to face him twice next year. Unless he is ruled ineligible. TAPPS requires you to sit for a year IF you aren't living with a blood relative. This year doesn't count...so his mom better get here quick or he will NEVER touch the floor in a Varsity game his senior year :) 

12 minutes ago, winwin said:

Houston St. Thomas. So we get to face him twice next year. Unless he is ruled ineligible. TAPPS requires you to sit for a year IF you aren't living with a blood relative. This year doesn't count...so his mom better get here quick or he will NEVER touch the floor in a Varsity game his senior year :) 

You know he doesn't have to play varsity to get where he is trying to go. Play out the summer and hope he has a decent skill to get noticed or prep school.

12 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

You know he doesn't have to play varsity to get where he is trying to go. Play out the summer and hope he has a decent skill to get noticed or prep school.

A Prep school would be his best shot. I could care less about the kid now. I'm a second chance guy but when you hit a girl, that goes out the window. I'm surprised he got out of town without "words" from the girls dad. 

2 hours ago, Not A Guru said:

A fight with a female student that "didn't look good". Surely we can get an account of the incident. This sounds disgusting. Not eligible to play seems light for something like this. Not able to attend school/somewhere behind bars seems much more appropriate. Though, I am just assuming he beat up a girl. I would love to hear reliable or official accounts before I jump to conclusion.

you hit the nail on the head. Your assumption is correct I heard. All you said is what took place from what i was told.