West Orange-Stark 22 Celina 3/Final/WO-S - 4A DII State Champions!

WOSgrad

Celina starting qb was also the one who fumbled at their 2 yard line. WOS defense was playing lights out! Congratulations on winning the state championship!! Let the haters hate, with or without their qb WOS would have won that game. No doubt in my mind at all!!

Careful now!  You'll be bunched in with all of us delusional WO-S fans.

BTW, does Ozen know that this guy considers himself, their "finest?"

Here's a fun fact!  West Orange-Stark now has an all-time winning percentage of 79.81%... our highest ever.  Most historians require 500 games played to be considered "worthy" of being listed and we are currently 368-92-3.  463 games played.  If we lose the next 37 games to hit 500 we'd still be top 6 at 73.9%.  Chances are though we'll vault into #1 in 3 or 4 years.

Current All-Time Top Ten Among ALL Classifications (500 Games Minimum)

1. Southlake Carroll   77%
  2. Odessa Permian  76%     
  3. Houston Yates   75%
  4. Highland Park       75%
  5. Austin Westlake   74%
  6. Dallas Carter  73%      
  7. Euless Trinity     72% 

8. Refugio      71%
  9. Converse Judson  70%       
10. LaMarque  69%

Edited by Goblin

WOS defenders had nothing to do with the QB getting hurt

Here's my take. When you're tackled, when you're going down, I think it makes a difference, big difference if you have your knees to help absorb the impact of hitting the ground. Usually you do. But on this play the Celina QB didn't.

The WOS defender made contact but didn't execute a conventional tackle and in the process went down himself. The QB might have gotten away and kept on going except for what happened next. The WOS defender rolled on the ground. I don't know if he realized exactly what he was doing but that roll was a perfect maneuver to take the QB's legs right out from under him.

And with that the QB was going down in a way he wasn't used to going down. Head first and no support from his knees. In the split second he had before crashing into the ground he instinctively threw out his free hand, his left hand (he was holding the ball in his right hand) to help take the shock of impact.

Unfortunately that placed all his weight, all the force of the impact on his left arm and it broke under the shock.

So the WOS defense wasn't responsible for the way he used his hand. But the QB would never have been in that predicament if not for the rolling tackle.

Edited by Sobriquet
substitute better word

And not one of these kids made the Associated Depressed all state team, not even honorable mention. Sad.

remember what I said on that thread?  It happened again tonight. State Champs, they are truly ALL STATE! 

WELL PLAYED Young Men, WELL PLAYED !!! 

You Finished It ..... You all worked very hard, gave it everything you had and won this state championship with dignity, honor and respect. You earned it and deserved it, this one is yours forever. You maintained your composure on the field as a well disciplined team should and represented SETX with class. The Mighty Mustangs are the pride of Southeast Texas. I'm sure that as each of you looked up into the stands behind you it was obvious that you were very well supported by the football fans in SETX ( we had your back ). Numerous schools were represented and the Mustang Nation greatly appreciates the support. It was a Great ride and an exciting one. The year 2015 will be one to remember and will be talked about for years to come thanks to the determination, hard work and accomplishments of this football team. The Mustang fans asked you for a State Championship and you delivered. Thanks for the memories. MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you and your families.

you tube video, take it with a grain of salt, seems little respect for WOS (Winners of State)

These two clowns are lucky they have a job in broadcasting.  WO-S has only missed the playoffs twice in 30+ years and they have the nerve to call them underachievers #clowns

These two clowns are lucky they have a job in broadcasting.  WO-S has only missed the playoffs twice in 30+ years and they have the nerve to call them underachievers #clowns

IMO the state game was played last week against the Cuero Globblers they were a better match-up with WOS. Celina was not the team that I thought they would be, even with their starting QB under center. Yesterday's game was just a bonus for us to pick up our trophy.