SIlsbee Tigers 2016

Still need more of a defensive mindset.

The punch of Thomas x2 and the OL departures will bring down the points.

Wouldn't mind If they began trying something different that utilizes the talent pool better.  

No sugar coating here.  21 apa Instead of 28 a game and there would probably be a new case with a 'ship in the Smoke.

Edited by Silsbee92
Spelling

Collins has a great arm and throws on the run better than I've ever seen. He is no Dontre' Thomas, but can be just as effective if he stays north and south with his scrambles. He will possibly have to compete with Partain, but I like his chances given Partain's back injury and mobility. The loss of an ENTIRE OLine is not an easy thing to cope with. But they could have a good off-season and get where they need to be. I would say that they will still be able to score points, but the defense will have to help them out a little more. I'd like to see a change in defensive scheme. They need to try and get away from putting guys who weigh under 225 on the defensive line. They get blown off the ball and they cant keep lineman off of the backers for them to make plays.

If you are referring to Jones he claims he is staying at Legacy next year. Things could change but that is his most recent comment. If not we have no clue who you are referring to. Collins is the only QB they have as of right now. And he has just as good a arm as Dontre.

i thought Jones was a Sr, got a school on the other side of BMT who needs his services next yr (ozen) 

I knew this was gonna come up about is the Jones kid gonna leave Legacy and come back home to Silsbee! I actually spoke with his dad today and was told if it was up to Tre' he wouldn't have left Silsbee in the first place and who's to say the Silsbee coaches want him to play for them....and they normally talk as a family and let him make those decisions, but it has to be right! Whatever that means

It honestly isn't worth discussing until the first practice in August. If he's there, great. If not, then I think Collins will be fine. When he did have a chance to get in against Splendora and Cleveland he looked pretty good. He ran the RPO's well and can throw the ball (tight and hard spiral). Not as important, but he also performed well in the scrimmages. 

The defense gave up too much this year, but we were able to make up for it with our fast striking offense. Without the protection of the O-Line, you cannot expect for the offense to be as powerful. A good O-Line can make an average running back look great. With 5 new guys, I would expect the O-Line to be like the 2014 tigers team. The defense HAS to improve or they will have another year like 2014.