Carthage 56 Silsbee 40/Final

WOSgrad

I think our three turnovers in the second actually resulted in the score being more on sided than the game actually was. Two of ours resulted in two very short scoring drives.  Our other one was just taken back the next play! Our misfortune was we had the momentum and were in great position to score and possibly tie when we turned it over and gave up the big return and then followed it with another.  

Great game.  Congratulations Bulldogs!  You outplayed us.   

Now to my Tigers,  hold your heads high guys you took us on a great ride.  No one expected this after last season and you went out and worked your rears off all summer and all season.  Nothing to be ashamed of you left it all on the field.  I couldn't be more proud.  Dontre it had been fun watching the leader and player you became.  To the rest of you seniors thanks for the memories and fun times.  Now I can't wait to see some of you on the hardwood soon.

Super season for the Tigers,had your opportunities to make the semi's.Great to be w/Buddy Garrity,Moss Hill,Robanadana & seeing a former Daytonite=Russell Turner in Rusk for bbq ribs@his 20 yr business All-Star BBQ,sat w/us at the game.Nice to meet some of Moss Hill's kinfolk,we must've caught 2 limits of big bass between plays lol,Congrats to Carthage & good luck next week,hope to see ya in Reliant

That was a crazy game last night. Hope Ingram is ok for Carthage and D. Thomas for Silsbee, saw Thomas limping around favoriting that ankle. Turnovers turnovers turnovers, both teams had em but one turned the game: that fumble, scoop and run at 42-34 when Silsbee was going in to score. It was a close game throughout though like I figured. 

If Carthage turns the ball over like they did versus Silsbee when they play next week it wont be a great night for em. 

Great season Tigers. 

P.S.: Stanley's BBQ is legit!  

Edited by Mr. Buddy Garrity

Hats off to Carthage and its fans,  I have seen nothing but respect from almost everyone if you!  The only two pregame comments I am going to ask or say anything about  are 1.  The comments about our line being small and 2. Who said we couldn't run outside?  

Carthages defense had to be right in there with WOS as the fastest and most physical we have played. That turnover and big return was a game ended.  Here's hoping all my Tiger bball players heal quickly and completely!

Just a few quick stats:

1   2    3     4     T

Tigers        7   7   12   14   40

Bulldogs    7  14   21   14  56

Silsbee                                                       Carthage

Passing

D. Thomas     11-25-122-2-1                     J. Blissett    23-35-428-6-1

Rushing

D. Thomas   32-176  2TD                         R. Hardy          17-97   2TDR. Hardy 

A. Thomas   19-102  TD                           H. Townsend    2-7

T. Lowe         2-118   TD                           J. Blissett         2-2

K. Ingram         1-7

J. Jackson        1-1

Recieving

K. Mackey   3-38   TD                              J. Jackson        7-156  2TD

T. Lowe       3-27   TD                              H. Townsend    4-98    2TD

K. Coffee     2-26                                      R. Hardy           4-57

K. Barnes    2-20                                      J. McLin            4-31

J. Bass       1-11                                       K. Ingram          1-4

Silsbee                                  Carthage

First Downs                            25                                           20

Rush/Pass/Pen                   17/7/1                                      7/11/2

Rush Att.                                54                                           23

Rush Yards                           391                                         114

Pass Yards                           122                                          428

Com/Att./INT                       11/25/1                                    23/35/1

Offensive Plays                      79                                            58

Total Yards                           513                                           542

Fumbles; Number/Lost          3/3                                            3/2

Punts                                    2-43.0                                      2-48.5

Inside 20                                 1                                               1

Third Down                          8/15                                           4/9

Fourth Down                         1/4                                            2/3

Red Zone: Score                  5/4                                            6/4

TOP                                     25:03                                        22:57                          

That was a crazy game last night. Hope Ingram is ok for Carthage and D. Thomas for Silsbee, saw Thomas limping around favoriting that ankle. Turnovers turnovers turnovers, both teams had em but one turned the game: that fumble, scoop and run at 42-34 when Silsbee was going in to score. It was a close game throughout though like I figured. 

If Carthage turns the ball over like they did versus Silsbee when they play next week it wont be a great night for em. 

Great season Tigers. 

P.S.: Stanley's BBQ is legit!  

Congrats Silsbee, You guys never say die!!! You gave our Defense a double handful last night & I hope all injured players on both sides fully recover quickly & completely. Your RB's are very tough to bring down before they either make first downs or Worse, TDs!  These kinds of games are why this is My favorite time of year! Thanks for making it memorable!!!