All District teams?

BMTSoulja1

Seriously! You guys call me out for calling out coaches about doing their jobs and now you want to call out the coaches for nominating kids on the all district teams? Really? Blake Rowe had 996 yards AT FULLBACK (I know where your thinking is at) which means he had to do A LOT of blocking as well. Fullback. Haylon Leckelt was the second leading rusher in district and didn't play but part of the 1st quarter against PNG (1242 yds) So, if you run a spread offense and your QB throws for 1000 yds and he's from mid-county, he should AUTOMATICALLY get it? What about the Lumberton kid Yarborough who had a big year and should have got mention at QB? Hey, in 2011 Montana Quirante led the district in rushing at QB and was all district in linebacker and didn't get the MVP, it was given to Ozen's Jones who DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE YARDS MQ DID or play on defense! The kid from Baytown Lee had some really good stats on a really crummy team. 16 PNG kids are on that list and 16 Ned kids are on that list...if that ain't biased and parcipation I don't know what is. I didn't count Central because I got pissed (I believe they were 5 - 5, wow). Biased towards Jefferson County and always is. You guys need to check yourself including SoulJa, Stattrax and Ol Gabe. BTW Stattrax, we run the SLOT-T not the wing-T, big difference...google it. SMH, YOU GUYS ARE PATHETIC.

I heard Yarbrough did get honorable mention. 

What about Labarron being completely left off!?!? Boyd got 1st team QB and a QB from an 0-10 team got 2nd team.....

Must not have watched the QB from that 0-10 team. It sucks he had to endure that season. I'd take him on my team in a heart beat. He's a straight up player.

Edited by spoonbill

LOL.. When I got called Tuesday night with the results i just laughed.. Im not mad, I have come to realize it is a joke over the years.. It kinda started back when Jayce Nelson (now at Lamar), tore the district up and didnt even make the team. For the past 5 years its more of a feel sorry team than a real legit team.. But that being said.. If it was legit, you wouldnt have hardly anyone other than a Indian, Bulldog, or Jaguar on the team.. So to make it fair the ribbons get handed out... But as I say... It all takes care of itself on Friday Nights..... How Lebaran didnt make it is just crazy... Krautz should have been Co MVP... But in todays simple minded world, uneducated folks think stats mean your good... So I guess the thinking is if you run for umpteen thousand yards in the wing T your good.. Im more into Wins, not stats.... But then again, I was the dad everyone hated in Little League... I was about winning, not participant ribbons... PEACE folks.....................

Herman, Duke and Allen from GCM all deserve it.  The lineman from Lee probably did to.  There were other Qbs that did for their team the same for his and had wins.

it is all BS

What about Nederlands Neauman?????????  Won district and kicked PNG butt AGAIN!!! no mention, Ned qb out performed PNG at Mid Co Madness, 6th year to whoop um AND another district title.  Go figure????

No, not BS --- brother in lawin for some reason Pt A Snooze loves PNG don't know why, its really kinda funny.  The Ole boy just loves written warm fuzzy stuff about the non district  winning PNG peeps.

BUT we all know PNG  kids are the smartest, prettiest and talented around.  Any of them get BYU, Baylor type schoolarships??

Didn't think so.

it is all BS

What about Nederlands Neauman?????????  Won district and kicked PNG butt AGAIN!!! no mention, Ned qb out performed PNG at Mid Co Madness, 6th year to whoop um AND another district title.  Go figure????

No, not BS --- brother in lawin for some reason Pt A Snooze loves PNG don't know why, its really kinda funny.  The Ole boy just loves written warm fuzzy stuff about the non district  winning PNG peeps.

BUT we all know PNG  kids are the smartest, prettiest and talented around.  Any of them get BYU, Baylor type schoolarships??

Didn't think so.

Pt A Snooze didn't have a vote.  They just posted what the 22-5A coaches voted on.  Geeze.

Pt A Snooze didn't have a vote.  They just posted what the 22-5A coaches voted on.  Geeze.

I was under the impression that they had a hand in it -- which would explain why the Snooze and Bmt Ent are not the same.

I was at the PNG 75 state reunion weekend in  which Ethridge gave Burt Darden (former PA News reporter) the credit for helping the 11 all staters in 75/76 to which Burt agreeded.

If it is only coaches vote --- how/why is the  Enterprise different than the News???

Please explain, if I am wrong I would like to know.

So I assume the boredom has set in since basketball is full swing now.... Honestly it makes no difference what our opinions are.. Thats the teams that the coaches picked.. It is what it is... None of my posts have singled out any one kid or team.. I just simply think the cream rises to the top.. That being said, more than likely the top 4 teams will place more kids.. The post about running the spread means nothing... This is the 2000s... Ask any coach and they are more than likely running the spread or a form of a multiple in the great state of Texas... If any person that watched a game this year did not realize that Krautz was the best RB in the district, shame on you... As far as the QB situation, it is what it is... BTW the PA News does not pick the team.. The only local sports section that gives us credit is the PA News, so you do not have to read it if you dont like it.. There are plenty of articles I read from OLG, that I dont agree with, but its his gig to write them, so I dont have a issue with them... But I stand by what I posted on what I would have picked, and I think if you took a poll more than less would agree... Nothing against any of the kids, just what I feel.  Im not a homer, and always give credit to where it is due.... Wake up FOLKS and realize, when you build a culture of "We are all Winners", you usually end up the losers..... At the end of the day, you can say its about this or that, but in the State of Texas, its all about winning......... And when you are not good at that it becomes about other things.... PN-G and Nederland where the class of the district... PERIOD........ And guess what, they didnt pick the team.... On this board, its not real, Inside a closed door meeting with fellow coaches who know, yeah thats when it gets REAL. So instead of pissing and moaning on this site, call your beloved coach, whomever that may be, and talk with him........ And one more jab............ Google the difference between the spread and a multiple................ SMH........... Im pretty sure you could take all the All District honors away from the umpteen PN-G and Nederland kids.... And they would have still been CO District champs..... That right there should be enough for this to close out this stupid thread.......................

I was at the PNG 75 state reunion weekend in  which Ethridge gave Burt Darden (former PA News reporter) the credit for helping the 11 all staters in 75/76 to which Burt agreeded.

If it is only coaches vote --- how/why is the  Enterprise different than the News???

Please explain, if I am wrong I would like to know.

Well Whoa................... 40 years ago that might have been true... But 40 years later things have changed... I have a article Bob West wrote about Doug in the early 2000s.. It stated that Doug would call in every middle school game, and sub varsity game as well as the varsity game, and he would anunciate those hard cajun last names to perfection... Its a different time now...... We have this thing called the internet, email, cell phones, etc... Hell I knew Nederland lost before Nederland did against GCM.....LOL... I called Mitch in the box and he announced it within seconds... Thats pretty quick.. Everyone in the stadium knew within 1 minute of the loss.... Times have changed... The difference between the PA News and the BMT Enterprise is simple... PAN covers midcounty teams and PAM... BMT, covers Beaumont teams and throws in a little about the rest.. It is what it is.....

no, whether you agree or not. But if you can live keeping a kid who threw for over 2000 yards off the team and guided his team to a share of the title be my guest. You're just as dumb as the list is then

Hey rob always remember, I get paid to voice my opinion. Its part of mjo