All District teams?

BMTSoulja1

This team is Coaches pick. When do PTA News and Beaumont Enterprise put their teams out?

PA News and BE do not have all district teams. They have all PA News and BE Super Gold teams which have players from different districts and classifications. These usually do not come out till after Christmas.

Also, these teams will only be from schools in those papers coverage area. You will not see players north of Lumberton and west of Beaumont on the PA News teams and north of Jasper, west of Sour Lake on the BE Super Gold teams.

PA News and BE do not have all district teams. They have all PA News and BE Super Gold teams which have players from different districts and classifications. These usually do not come out till after Christmas.

Also, these teams will only be from schools in those papers coverage area. You will not see players north of Lumberton and west of Beaumont on the PA News teams and north of Jasper, west of Sour Lake on the BE Super Gold teams.

Yes, those were the teams I was talking about. I knew they were different than the all district, but they're the ones the papers pic. So posters know that the team referenced on this thread has nothing to do with PTA News or BE's preferences, as one poster eluded too.

Edited by NDNation

Herman, Duke and Allen from GCM all deserve it.  The lineman from Lee probably did to.  There were other Qbs that did for their team the same for his and had wins.

Not from Jefferson County...you don't deserve it. Especially since you whipped the district champion. Personally, the QB from Lee did everything he did on the most pathetic team in the district and deserved all the consideration. That kid was really good and I wish we had him. The three kids you mentioned are outstanding players; I had you guys in a playoff position preseason. Disappointing year for both our teams.

Hopefully that covers everyone.. As I said, it doesnt make a hill of beans, its like this every year...... Its like picking a fantasy team.. Some win, some lose...

Stattrax 14.2, you deserve every bit of grief Crosby can give you. By your standards, the two kids from PNG who made all district during the 2012 football season should have never seen it since you got your butts handed to you by the rest of the district that season.Totally forgotten what humble pie tastes like, huh. It can and will happen again.

Stattrax 14.2, you deserve every bit of grief Crosby can give you. By your standards, the two kids from PNG who made all district during the 2012 football season should have never seen it since you got your butts handed to you by the rest of the district that season.Totally forgotten what humble pie tastes like, huh. It can and will happen again.

See Rob, thats where you are mistaken.. Not one kid on the 12 team should have made that team IMO... But once again I did not make the choices.. I know what humble pie tastes like for the last 6 years.... The difference on this entire thread is the opinion of teams winning and teams losing....

See Rob, thats where you are mistaken.. Not one kid on the 12 team should have made that team IMO... But once again I did not make the choices.. I know what humble pie tastes like for the last 6 years.... The difference on this entire thread is the opinion of teams winning and teams losing....

Won loss record has nothing to do with all district which is an individual award.

None of it matters...these All District picks get stupider and stupider every single year.  Everyone is forgetting what a REAL all district selection is supposed to look like..smh

If you were to take your district to play a game against another district...who would the starters be?  THAT'S 1ST TEAM ALL DISTRICT!  And their backups are 2nd Team.  OF THE 1ST TEAM LIST...the best kid is MVP.  That's the kid every coach would pick first if they were drafting a team from the district.

It's gotten so watered down it's pathetic.  I assume they started adding kids to the list to keep people from getting their feeling hurt...well...looks like people are getting all butt hurt anyway.

I guess people wont be satisfied until they just let every starter in the district be 1st Team.

None of it matters...these All District picks get stupider and stupider every single year.  Everyone is forgetting what a REAL all district selection is supposed to look like..smh

If you were to take your district to play a game against another district...who would the starters be?  THAT'S 1ST TEAM ALL DISTRICT!  And their backups are 2nd Team.  OF THE 1ST TEAM LIST...the best kid is MVP.  That's the kid every coach would pick first if they were drafting a team from the district.

It's gotten so watered down it's pathetic.  I assume they started adding kids to the list to keep people from getting their feeling hurt...well...looks like people are getting all butt hurt anyway.

I guess people wont be satisfied until they just let every starter in the district be 1st Team.

Thank you... I couldnt have said it any better................................

First team, second team, and honorable mention on both sides of the ball is ridiculous for sure. When they changed to that format they started messing it up by putting seniors over better players for sentimental reasons. They made themselves feel better by knowing that the better kid would still be on the list. THAT'S the problem. The award should be based on individual performance on the field for THAT year and should NOT have anything to do with the team's record. MVPs and Coaches should, but the rest are about how good you are at your individual position. Oldschool has it right. It should be the team you would field as the best team out of the district if you were to make an allstar team.

Edited by spoonbill

Just for the record... If I was picking a legit team (to win) it would read like this on the offensive side....

Head Coach                      Larry Neauman

OC                                     Brandon Fairclothe

QB:                                    Morse

R:                                       Whaley

Z:                                       Sullivan

Y:                                       Giblin

H:                                       Krautz

X:                                       Duke

First team, second team, and honorable mention on both sides of the ball is ridiculous for sure. When they changed to that format they started messing it up by putting seniors over better players for sentimental reasons. They made themselves feel better by knowing that the better kid would still be on the list. THAT'S the problem. The award should be based on individual performance on the field for THAT year and should NOT have anything to do with the team's record. MVPs and Coaches should, but the rest are about how good you are at your individual position. Oldschool has it right. It should be the team you would field as the best team out of the district if you were to make an allstar team.

I don't necessarily agree with this either.  MVP should be the consensus first kid you pick if you were putting a team together.  And the Coach should be the coach that did the most with what they had to work with.  There is a feeling that the team that wins district should automatically have the Coach of the Year and the MVP.  And that the teams with the better record should have more all district kids than others.  In most cases teams with better records have them because they have better players.  Not always the case.  There are sometimes really good players on really bad teams.  And I definitely don't believe that just because a coach has more wins means that that person is the best coach.  I don't agree with that at all.

The coach thing makes sense.. However, I watched each team play multiple times this season.. And I can promise a few of these teams did not have a ton of talent.. Honestly, the Babin guy did WAY more than any other coach in the district with what he had... However, if I was picking my ALL STAR team I wouldnt pick him because his offense is a dinosaur... JMO...... So once again if Im picking that team, I pick the best coach..... LN........ For offense I pick the best Offensive minded coach to run the system I would use... BF... Defensively I would pick the best coach for whatever scheme i intended to run.. Now if i wanted to run the wing or slot, I would pick Babin or Mathews... If I used those 2 I would load up with huge lineman and the fastest QB in the district and the best 3 backs... But I choose not to run that type of system... The point is that everyone has their own opinions, and different schemes they would run.... I personally, would run a multiple, out of the tiger personel and a 50 defense... So I couldnt have Cornell, so I would be in a bind.... Different strokes for different folks.... But PeoPLE, hear me because Im speaking LOUD...... It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out who was the best at these positions.... I do not pick them, the coaches do.... And to me and several others it appears its more of a charity pick on a few than the right one..... And if it was a fantasy team, I would mop up on all the haters on this thread because I would destroy all of you with my team...... Its win first in my world...... Its the American way........ And in the great state of Texas, if your not first, well you know the rest........... PEACE...............

Side note: Im only half the statitician that 14.2 is, therefore I chose 7.1..........

Other sidenote: Yes Duke was underused, but he would be on my team starting...................

Other sidenote: If my MVP was offensive, he would start at that position on the 1rst team, as well as if he was defensive....

One last one: More than likely if your record was subpar, the athletic ability of the team was lower than the top tier....

Edited by Stattrax 7.1