JEFF NATIONS NAMED NEW HC/AD AT DAYTON!

22 hours ago, Octfeb said:

Hes East of the Trinity! :) Maybe. Maybe not.. Lol.. 

There's another coach also East of the Trinity that will be coaching in Dayton next year.......Another good one as well.

On January 18, 2016 at 11:21 AM, MOSSHILL said:

Unbiased opinion without any dogs in the race, I'd say he's the best fit for Dayton that you could possibly get that's not named Stew.

Facts are that they kept his offense in tact, in his 5 year absence. What does that tell you? Only two person(s) I know that know the spread offense as good as I do, or better and HE is one of them. I'm more interested in who joins him as the DC then what he can or can't do. LOL

Dayton played Defense when he was there and I imagine going forward that will be a focal point.

Just curious, who do you think is the other guy that knows the spread offense as good as you ?

1 hour ago, CCRed said:

Just curious, who do you think is the other guy that knows the spread offense as good as you ?

I wouldn't want you to get all excited if I told you, now. He wears red at football games. That's all I'm saying.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 10:30 PM, MOSSHILL said:

I wouldn't want you to get all excited if I told you, now. He wears red at football games. That's all I'm saying.

There are a lot of spread guys around here that know that offense just as well or better than the guy you're alluding to. Haynes ran the most potent spread I've ever seen at Crosby, Kellen threw for over 4,000 yards and Phillip Beck had what may be the best 4A/5A receiving season in Texas High School history. Riordan schemed up a title running it and he's also oversaw the '13 Crosby offense which was the more potent units in the area in recent memory. Fairclothe is a beast with the spread scheme too, he just doesn't have the players just like Haynes hasn't since he left Crosby. Same for the guy that's at Huffman right now. Some of the best spread guys in Texas are down here.  

26 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

There are a lot of spread guys around here that know that offense just as well or better than the guy you're alluding to. Haynes ran the most potent spread I've ever seen at Crosby, Kellen threw for over 4,000 yards and Phillip Beck had what may be the best 4A/5A receiving season in Texas High School history. Riordan schemed up a title running it and he's also oversaw the '13 Crosby offense which was the more potent units in the area in recent memory. Fairclothe is a beast with the spread scheme too, he just doesn't have the players just like Haynes hasn't since he left Crosby. Same for the guy that's at Huffman right now. Some of the best spread guys in Texas are down here.  

You mentioned one of them. Surprised you couldn't put it together sooner being that you know him, as well as my "user name". And he's from here and known him for 25 years. He's one of the best in the business for sure.

1 hour ago, MOSSHILL said:

You thought I was talking about a code red coach? Lol

OK, I got you. Nobody at Crosby knows the spread as well as you, including the guy that scored more points on Dayton in the title game than Dayton's offense could with Nations calling plays. Haynes does though? Huffman's qbs have throw for more yards than any school around here the last five or six years, McEachern wears red too so maybe you were talking about him also?

2 hours ago, MOSSHILL said:

You mentioned one of them. Surprised you couldn't put it together sooner being that you know him, as well as my "user name". And he's from here and known him for 25 years. He's one of the best in the business for sure.

You saying Larry Haynes is bring his talents to Dayton?

I had heard he is unhappy with his role at Westbrook.

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

OK, I got you. Nobody at Crosby knows the spread as well as you, including the guy that scored more points on Dayton in the title game than Dayton's offense could with Nations calling plays. Haynes does though? Huffman's qbs have throw for more yards than any school around here the last five or six years, McEachern wears red too so maybe you were talking about him also?

I can only relate to the knowledge of those in whom I have a connection with, Cougar. I can't speak for anyone I don't know.

I'm just starting to learn these Crosby coaches bruh. I'd coach but they don't pay enough, lol.

8 minutes ago, MOSSHILL said:

I can only relate to the knowledge of those in whom I have a connection with, Cougar. I can't speak for anyone I don't know.

I'm just starting to learn these Crosby coaches bruh. I'd coach but they don't pay enough, lol.

Just curious. Where did you learn all your spread skills? A guy with a high paying job (lots of hours?), a wife and kids would have to sacrifice a lot of their limited free time to know all that. Seriously asking.

2 minutes ago, dayton said:

Just curious. Where did you learn all your spread skills? A guy with a high paying job (lots of hours?), a wife and kids would have to sacrifice a lot of their limited free time to know all that. Seriously asking.

YouTube.

1 hour ago, MOSSHILL said:

Ok, just wondering. You said you knew Nations but Riordan ate him and Stew's lunch when Dayton put the best product on the field that they've ever produced, rung up about 800 yards on them if I remember correctly.  Nations and Haynes are old school spread guys, you'll see what I mean by that statement after you see PAM's offense next year if they can get good qb play.

I had an opportunity to GA for coach Stig at South Dakota St. and another opportunity to go into coaching for my uncle when he was the AC at one of the middle schools in Aldine ISD. I also turned it down for monetary reasons but that was years ago. I'm very good friends with Josh Davis who's the receivers coach at SDSU under coach Stig right now, he aspires to be an OC and we often talk about offensive scheme. The spread principles that some coaches include now are so far beyond what guys were running 10 or 15 years ago that if you haven't been constantly getting refreshers through actual coaching or clinics you're probably behind. I'm just saying there's some guys around here that know that type of offense extremely well, I would bet the guy BH just hired knows something about it too.    

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Ok, just wondering. You said you knew Nations but Riordan ate him and Stew's lunch when Dayton put the best product on the field that they've ever produced, rung up about 800 yards on them if I remember correctly.  Nations and Haynes are old school spread guys, you'll see what I mean by that statement after you see PAM's offense next year if they can get good qb play.

I had an opportunity to GA for coach Stig at South Dakota St. and another opportunity to go into coaching for my uncle when he was the AC at one of the middle schools in Aldine ISD. I also turned it down for monetary reasons but that was years ago. I'm very good friends with Josh Davis who's the receivers coach at SDSU under coach Stig right now, he aspires to be an OC and we often talk about offensive scheme. The spread principles that some coaches include now are so far beyond what guys were running 10 or 15 years ago that if you haven't been constantly getting refreshers through actual coaching or clinics you're probably behind. I'm just saying there's some guys around here that know that type of offense extremely well, I would bet the guy BH just hired knows something about it too.  

Any team that had a QB like Suffer Springs( and Giants for offensive linemen) would make any coach look good ! Get back with me when your coach takes Crosby's to State like Dayton did.

On 1/28/2016 at 1:59 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

Speaking w/Jeff @Dayt/Crosby basketball gm tonight a few kids are back & 10 new kids are coming aboard,alot of work this week w/some fresh ideas Dayt community is gonna love