JEFF NATIONS NAMED NEW HC/AD AT DAYTON!

19 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

How long has it been since Nations actually called a play on a sideline? Do people in Dayton feel this is the best hire from an X and O standpoint or do they feel like this is the most comfortable hire for the school board? Interesting how one assistant is viewed as incompetent but the other is held in such high regard.

Unbiased opinion without any dogs in the race, I'd say he's the best fit for Dayton that you could possibly get that's not named Stew.

Facts are that they kept his offense in tact, in his 5 year absence. What does that tell you? Only two person(s) I know that know the spread offense as good as I do, or better and HE is one of them. I'm more interested in who joins him as the DC then what he can or can't do. LOL

Dayton played Defense when he was there and I imagine going forward that will be a focal point.

Smh Crosby had plenty of trouble w/Hancock=what big quality wins over Dayt has there been=none,all nail biters w/the best atheletes Crosby put on the field since 2009.Before Nations 1st game of 2016 as AD/HC ever starts I'm gonna say it now=more kiddos come out in all sports & we won't be losing 3 in a row 2nd rd games by 1 point.Since the 20 straight playoff appearances stayed barely intact=they just got a tremedous coach to continue the streak & build his resume'.Dayt will now contend for a dist championship,mark that on your code red calenders that the day Crosby gets to .500 vs Bronco football won't happen in my lifetime=by family avg life that would=16 more yrs(83)

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

How long has it been since Nations actually called a play on a sideline? Do people in Dayton feel this is the best hire from an X and O standpoint or do they feel like this is the most comfortable hire for the school board? Interesting how one assistant is viewed as incompetent but the other is held in such high regard.

Your going to see the new and improved Bronco team in 2016. there's a load of talent walking the halls of DHS that will contribute this new season that other wise wouldn't have under Hancock . Thats one major differance right there .

Quote thing jacked up AGAIN! The who applied for the job list being published. I think if it were going to be publicized it would have already. And no the list was not make public when Hancock got the job. But like football fan 4 life said.. That time was a little different. I wish it would be made public.. Freedom of information act, should apply IMO. I would LOVE to see who actually applied.. 

38 minutes ago, Bronco/Cat Fan said:

Since no official announcement has been made by the district, I don't think the list of applicants would have already been released. The Dayton job should have generated considerable interest, and I too would love to see who applied.    

The announcement will be made tomorrow night at the school board meeting.. Or should I say, is suppose to be... 

19 hours ago, liltex said:

Smh Crosby had plenty of trouble w/Hancock=what big quality wins over Dayt has there been=none,all nail biters w/the best atheletes Crosby put on the field since 2009.Before Nations 1st game of 2016 as AD/HC ever starts I'm gonna say it now=more kiddos come out in all sports & we won't be losing 3 in a row 2nd rd games by 1 point.Since the 20 straight playoff appearances stayed barely intact=they just got a tremedous coach to continue the streak & build his resume'.Dayt will now contend for a dist championship,mark that on your code red calenders that the day Crosby gets to .500 vs Bronco football won't happen in my lifetime=by family avg life that would=16 more yrs(83)

I agree with you. Although Crosby has been the dominant program since Riordan's arrival, Dayton still has to be considered the top dog in 21-5A. A 3 year run is great, but doesn't erase decades of history. 

BH & Dayton both had to make moves this off season bc Crosby was quickly distancing themselves as the front runner. BH will get better but they're a long way from competing for the top spot.  If everything comes together just right, Dayton can compete immediately.

Good hires by both BH and Dayton. Both programs will improve. The difference is the mindset in Crosby isn't what it used to be. 

For all of us it's important that 21-5A improve. I believe that Crosby, BH & Dayton have done their part. 

Hurry up Aug 2016!!!

19 hours ago, liltex said:

What do nail biters have to do with if a guy is the best fit or not? Both guys were coordinators under Stewart, right? The DC got the job and during those five years the program dipped. Now you're saying that the OC has the job everything will be better. I'm not saying it won't. I'm just asking why they're viewed so differently? You say you're very good friends with Stewart, well he hand-picked Hancock from what I gathered. Now you're saying your friend didn't make the best choice and Nations was the better candidate all along? Kind of weird to praise him, then second guess him. I definitely think he would be on Stew's level if he can compete for district championships with what Dayton has coming up from the 7th grade on though, they're pretty thin on talent with the kids out there now.    

21 hours ago, MossHill2 said:

Unbiased opinion without any dogs in the race, I'd say he's the best fit for Dayton that you could possibly get that's not named Stew.

Facts are that they kept his offense in tact, in his 5 year absence. What does that tell you? Only two person(s) I know that know the spread offense as good as I do, or better and HE is one of them. I'm more interested in who joins him as the DC then what he can or can't do. LOL

Dayton played Defense when he was there and I imagine going forward that will be a focal point.

I think they kept the offense in tact because it was basically the same staff minus Stew, meaning it was a much smoother transition and they didn't have to re-teach anything. Saying Dayton played defense when Nations was there is like saying Dayton played offense when Hancock was there(before he was elevated). It seems like more people think the OC was the better defensive coach.

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

well he hand-picked Hancock from what I gathered.

No he did NOT hand pick Hancock for the job. It was left up to the superintendent (Kirk) at the time to decide who it would be. Once he made the recommendation it was board approved. I need to edit my post.....  So this is what was told to me and several others... So who knows if it is true or not... All I know is CONGRATS TO COACH NATIONS.. W E L C O M E    B A C K

58 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

What do nail biters have to do with if a guy is the best fit or not? Both guys were coordinators under Stewart, right? The DC got the job and during those five years the program dipped. Now you're saying that the OC has the job everything will be better. I'm not saying it won't. I'm just asking why they're viewed so differently? You say you're very good friends with Stewart, well he hand-picked Hancock from what I gathered. Now you're saying your friend didn't make the best choice and Nations was the better candidate all along? Kind of weird to praise him, then second guess him. I definitely think he would be on Stew's level if he can compete for district championships with what Dayton has coming up from the 7th grade on though, they're pretty thin on talent with the kids out there now.    

Thin on talent. I don't look much into that comment. Title or bust in 2015 right.

26 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Thin on talent. I don't look much into that comment. Title or bust in 2015 right.

Yeah, and we busted. We got beat by a semifinal squad that lost to the eventual champion. RP's left tackle, Travis Bruffy, was 6-7/280. I can't remember the left guard's name but he was listed at 6-4/335. The right guard, Jack Greene, was 6-3/315. All those kids went D1, we just got beat at our own game and hopefully learned from it. We won't see anything close to that in this district. Manvel, Foster and potentially PAM are on the non-district schedule for next year since Nederland and Angleton didn't seem to get us ready.

As far as the talent thing you don't have to look much into it, just look on the field. I think both 7th and 8th grade squads lost 38-6 to Crosby while both teams went undefeated. The freshman squad has a stud running back but that's all they have and we beat them too. Our jv doesn't have any qb's or rb's and is usually our worst team in the program but still beat Dayton. I had one of the linemen's mom I work with tell me "I don't really know about football but when I watch the games it looks like we're pretty bad. I think we only won one or two games so far." You told me Dillon Moore and some other kids would make a difference on varsity this year too, yet Dayton lost by the largest margin since 2009. There's a reason other schools in the district are signing multiple players and Dayton isn't.

1 hour ago, Octfeb said:

No he did NOT hand pick Hancock for the job. It was left up to the superintendent (Kirk) at the time to decide who it would be. Once he made the recommendation it was board approved. I need to edit my post.....  So this is what was told to me and several others... So who knows if it is true or not... All I know is CONGRATS TO COACH NATIONS.. W E L C O M E    B A C K

April, I love the way you support your Broncos but I really don't put any stock into anything you say in regards to football. Especially if you're naïve enough to think the AD, which was Stewart at the time, didn't have a say in who would be working for him. That's like Dr. Moore telling Riordan who his offensive coordinator is going to be.

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, and we busted. We got beat by a semifinal squad that lost to the eventual champion. RP's left tackle, Travis Bruffy, was 6-7/280. I can't remember the left guard's name but he was listed at 6-4/335. The right guard, Jack Greene, was 6-3/315. All those kids went D1, we just got beat at our own game and hopefully learned from it. We won't see anything close to that in this district. Manvel, Foster and potentially PAM are on the non-district schedule for next year since Nederland and Angleton didn't seem to get us ready.

As far as the talent thing you don't have to look much into it, just look on the field. I think both 7th and 8th grade squads lost 38-6 to Crosby while both teams went undefeated. The freshman squad has a stud running back but that's all they have and we beat them too. Our jv doesn't have any qb's or rb's and is usually our worst team in the program but still beat Dayton. I had one of the linemen's mom I work with tell me "I don't really know about football but when I watch the games it looks like we're pretty bad. I think we only won one or two games so far." You told me Dillon Moore and some other kids would make a difference on varsity this year too, yet Dayton lost by the largest margin since 2009. There's a reason other schools in the district are signing multiple players and Dayton isn't.

There was a reason Dayton was getting players signed and now he is gone. You think it's a coincidence that all the sudden when Crosby gets there new coach tons of kids start getting looks. Heck your coaches tweet more than a teenage girl and I don't mean that in a bad way. I'm glad you brought up the 8th grade score like it matters. But since you did those same 8th graders beat Crosby 40-0 in the 7th grade. You keep talking like RP was some monster. Heck they struggled with every team in the playoffs except Crosby. I think their largest margin of victory except for that Crosby blow was a 7pt win over a low enrollment talent deplited PLC team. #2 team in the state. I used to laugh every time I had to hear that crap. Thank God high school has playoffs otherwise I might have had to watch CP beat Crosby by 50. 

Unbiased opinion that enjoys the direction both programs are heading, says this "Both Crosby and Dayton are playing on level ground now".

Hancock was a good DC and as Stew says "I coached all three portions of the game and the staff supported my vision really well"

Very rarely does a Coordinator have what it takes to be the head nuts. In this case, it backfired. Jeff has those attributes and will win immediately because the type of response he generates from the kids, parents, community and peers.

We all know Stew owns Crosby. We all know Crosby has owned Hancock's Broncos. I believe this reverts back to the ole' days pretty quickly if you ask me but then again, what do I care. I'm just a spread guy who knows multiple coaches on both staffs.

In which, by the way......Crosby has a coach on it's staff that will make a great AD/HC some where real soon, if you catch my drift.

Cheers.

1 minute ago, MossHill2 said:

Unbiased opinion that enjoys the direction both programs are heading, says this "Both Crosby and Dayton are playing on level ground now".

Hancock was a good DC and as Stew says "I coached all three portions of the game and the staff supported my vision really well"

Very rarely does a Coordinator have what it takes to be the head nuts. In this case, it backfired. Jeff has those attributes and will win immediately because the type of response he generates from the kids, parents, community and peers.

We all know Stew owns Crosby. We all know Crosby has owned Hancock's Broncos. I believe this reverts back to the ole' days pretty quickly if you ask me but then again, what do I care. I'm just a spread guy who knows multiple coaches on both staffs.

In which, by the way......Crosby has a coach on it's staff that will make a great AD/HC some where real soon, if you catch my drift.

Cheers.

I agree 100%. That same coach from Crosby was the biggest reason a couple of players from Dayton got the JUCO opportunities they did last year. He seems like a great guy who goes out of his way for the kids.

4 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

There was a reason Dayton was getting players signed and now he is gone. You think it's a coincidence that all the sudden when Crosby gets there new coach tons of kids start getting looks. Heck your coaches tweet more than a teenage girl and I don't mean that in a bad way. I'm glad you brought up the 8th grade score like it matters. But since you did those same 8th graders beat Crosby 40-0 in the 7th grade. You keep talking like RP was some monster. Heck they struggled with every team in the playoffs except Crosby. I think their largest margin of victory except for that Crosby blow was a 7pt win over a low enrollment talent deplited PLC team. #2 team in the state. I used to laugh every time I had to hear that crap. Thank God high school has playoffs otherwise I might have had to watch CP beat Crosby by 50. 

I just saw Dominic Merka and Donnie Starks playing in bowl games for TCU and Kansas State this past season. Chance Casey was on the Colts roster at the start of the season. Clayton Callicutt just became Angelo St.'s all-time sack leader and if he's not drafted this year he'll have multiple opportunities to make an NFL roster. Not a single one of those kids played for the current staff. Those are the notable kids, not all the ones we signed prior to them coming.

You must be talking about B-team when you say 40-0? None of the current middle school A-teams have ever lost a game, the 8th graders were 7-0-1 last year and 8-0 this year. RP beat nearly 2000 enrollment Angleton by 1 point in overtime in the quarters, not sure how a 7pt win was the closest? RP was a monster, they had the most D1 kids of any 5A squad in the region except for maybe Temple.

Keep laughing though, we'll keep winning 10+ and keep trying to trend the losses from 4-2-2-1 and hopefully 0. I'll keep laughing while you come up with mediocre players that will have an impact.  

19 minutes ago, MossHill2 said:

Cheers.

The ground can be level but all the players are on this side of the see-saw. Out of the 5 losses the last three years they've all been to teams with a very high level talent, most of the time with multiple 3 star or 4 star recruits. That's what you need to beat Crosby now, and that's exactly what Dayton is lacking. Kids like Cody Green and AJ Dugat would have been stars anywhere, it's not really coaching that made them. 

57 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

April, I love the way you support your Broncos but I really don't put any stock into anything you say in regards to football. Especially if you're naïve enough to think the AD, which was Stewart at the time, didn't have a say in who would be working for him. That's like Dr. Moore telling Riordan who his offensive coordinator is going to be.

I really don't care if you "put any stock" as to what I say in "regards to football" ... . I will post what I hear.. UNLESS I am asked not to repeat it. Which I have been told plenty, and asked not to repeat it...Why you so interested in Dayton? Nations is coming, and he's coming with a mission! Wait for it!

GO BRONCO NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The ground can be level but all the players are on this side of the see-saw. Out of the 5 losses the last three years they've all been to teams with a very high level talent, most of the time with multiple 3 star or 4 star recruits. That's what you need to beat Crosby now, and that's exactly what Dayton is lacking. Kids like Cody Green and AJ Dugat would have been stars anywhere, it's not really coaching that made them. 

Its funny how you say Cody and AJ would have been stars anywhere and your exactly right. Then I look at a kid like Ripp who wasn't recruited and he has a Sugar Bowl ring and a NFL career with Green Bay. So maybe sometimes coaches can make a difference because somehow this kid was totally overlooked and had to walk on.

2 hours ago, Octfeb said:

I really don't care if you "put any stock" as to what I say in "regards to football" ... . I will post what I hear.. UNLESS I am asked not to repeat it. Which I have been told plenty, and asked not to repeat it...Why you so interested in Dayton? Nations is coming, and he's coming with a mission! Wait for it!

GO BRONCO NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dayton is always a tough win. I'll take a win by 1 or by 40 vs the Broncos. 

Crosby vs Dayton winner last 3 years:

2015 - Crosby

2014 - Cougars

2013 - Code Red

Go Crosby!!!