JEFF NATIONS NAMED NEW HC/AD AT DAYTON!

I think the people I talk to from Dayton are more objective than you. After Crosby was blown out by Dayton in 2012 I told you your team was soft and would regress the longer Stew was away from the sidelines. You tried to argue me down, yet everything I told you happened exactly as I said it would. Guy walked in my office two months ago and asked me if I thought Riordan would take the AD job in Dayton because Stew might be out. This guy never jokes but obviously I thought he was. Turns out he was dead on just like the whole 8 years I've know him. I swear to you, Monday morning a different Dayton guy walks into my office and goes "Hey, why don't you apply for the Dayton job?. The opening should be posted later today." Of course he was joking about me applying but he was serious about the opening, then this thread pops up a day later. Think what you want though Pride, we've never changed each other's opinions.

Well obviously your talking to the minority.  The good ole boys, politically correct people. And why in the world are you so interested in who Dayton hires as their New AD/HC? 

If I were him, I'd just move on.  It is obvious that he will never have the respect of the folks in Dayton no matter what he does.  And the above statement if accurate is just the latest bit of evidence of that.  Really?  "Coach Hancock you haven't lost your job, but you have to re-apply for the job to keep it."  Why not show the man some respect, be straight with him and let him know if he IS or IS NOT the man for the job. But this treatment of Coach Hancock is typical as he is been trapped in a Jerry Jones-like scenario every since being named the head coach...yeah, he has been the coach but the AD is hovering so closely that Jowell Hancock has never been seen as the leader of this team.

Perhaps Jerry Stewart did the best thing for the Dayton football program when he resigned his AD role as I really doubt that the type of coach Dayton fans think they need would agree to labor under the same conditions that Coach Hancock has had to deal with.

I know this will probably hack some of my Dayton friends off but I feel no remorse for expressing this.

Anyone who wants a job they have not held would have to apply for it. Hancock was never the AD.. The job posted is for the AD/HC job... So yes he would have to apply for it. I think "re-apply" is the wrong choice of word. 

Why not give the job back to Coach Stewart and be done with it? He's not anywhere near old enough to retire and it will drive him nuts not having anything to do with Dayton sports. I really, really don't understand why they don't give him the job back and why he doesn't take it. It's what he loved to do and the Dayton fans love him for it.

Ok .....look at the timing of some of these happenings....do you really think this is an option?

They gave him five years of respect ! He single handedly  ran the program in the ground - nobody from the outside looking in is going to convince me different. No district championships, never made it past the second round, set the Guinness world record by loosing by 1-point three years in roll in the playoffs( sub-par play calling), never helped to promote his athletes for scholarship's ,verbally beat his team down to the point that a lot of good kids quit and even more refused to participate as long he coaches, inherited one the best defenses in the district and now were at the bottom, hadn't a clue on where to plug n play his players into what position( Shaq played QB against play-off team Ned and they had no answer for him- for his troubles he was placed on defense the rest of the year so not to make the other QB look bad again ) - refused to accept any help from the fans to help supplement financial aspects of the football program,equitment ect ( mostly liltex  with a little help from,bronco pride, me and many others raised over $3000.00 for the booster club and he refused it and then did away with the booster club with the AD's permission ( now that's respect). I don't feel sorry for him one bit you reap what you sow .

But how do you really feel jay hawk?

I will preface this by saying I am definitely an Outsider.

Sounds to me like there were three factions pulling in three different directions.

Stewart was trying to continue to pull the team in the same direction that he had always pulled them, while Hancock was trying to pull them into a somewhat different direction (that did NOT include playing defense), and the Administration just ripped the ropes from both of their hands and is now pulling the entire Athletic program in the direction that they want it to go.

But how do you really feel jay hawk?

Believe me it's a sorry sad affair when frustrated fans have to get on their soap-box to rant & rave about a program ( HC,AD included) that has lost focus on what the cummunity has hired them to do.Change is way overdue you can't  grossly abuse your title or position and expect to get away with it forever.

I never have understood why there is such a big "hang up" about having a persons name associated with a job opening. In every business there is movement and it has nothing to do with loyalty or commitment to your current employer. We all want to better ourselves. There are many reason a coach might want to take another job and most of the time it has more to do with what the "new" school has to offer than what the "old" school can't offer. 

They gave him five years of respect ! He single handedly  ran the program in the ground - nobody from the outside looking in is going to convince me different. No district championships, never made it past the second round, set the Guinness world record by loosing by 1-point three years in roll in the playoffs( sub-par play calling), never helped to promote his athletes for scholarship's ,verbally beat his team down to the point that a lot of good kids quit and even more refused to participate as long he coaches, inherited one the best defenses in the district and now were at the bottom, hadn't a clue on where to plug n play his players into what position( Shaq played QB against play-off team Ned and they had no answer for him- for his troubles he was placed on defense the rest of the year so not to make the other QB look bad again ) - refused to accept any help from the fans to help supplement financial aspects of the football program,equitment ect ( mostly liltex  with a little help from,bronco pride, me and many others raised over $3000.00 for the booster club and he refused it and then did away with the booster club with the AD's permission ( now that's respect). I don't feel sorry for him one bit you reap what you sow .

How did the AD sit by and watch the head football coach run the program in the ground???

Those who say they are "hearing things", but do not divulge information, just like to make themselves seem important.

Agreed 100%

That said, who has a lead on this case? I haven't heard any names at all. The person I'd go after probably isn't going to be considered and I know he wants to coach there (again). Come on Dayton, don't mess this up.

Edited by MossHill2