JEFF NATIONS NAMED NEW HC/AD AT DAYTON!

I agree but the pay isn't to bad. 

Yea, I know what the pay is. He's actually the guy for the job. But, I just am not sure if they can get there with all the elephants in the room. Have to be his way which is the right way. I'd love to see that happen. We shall see.

Nations is great.  Doubt they can afford him.

Word I got was that Hancock isn't actually "out" yet, but would have to re-apply as the AD/HC and might not be willing to do that versus just moving on. Was told Nations would be the leading candidate but has been out of football and would have to take a paycut to take the Dayton job. Hancock' s first five years were very similar, probably even a little better, than Stew's first five years at Dayton so it's going to be interesting to see what the criteria for the new coach would be? I imagine Dayton would get their share of quality applicants from the lower classification SETX schools though.  

Word I got was that Hancock isn't actually "out" yet, but would have to re-apply as the AD/HC and might not be willing to do that versus just moving on. Was told Nations would be the leading candidate but has been out of football and would have to take a paycut to take the Dayton job. Hancock' s first five years were very similar, probably even a little better, than Stew's first five years at Dayton so it's going to be interesting to see what the criteria for the new coach would be? I imagine Dayton would get their share of quality applicants from the lower classification SETX schools though.  

Maybe because Stewart already had the kids in a successful program. Pretty sure the new hire will be just that a "new" hire. Not hired from within. 

Just stop it please. Don't use some silly comparison of Stewarts and Hancocks first 5 years. If you honestly believe they are even in the same conversation as far as head coaches go then you know very little about coaching. Stats will only do so much. You of all people should know that.

Welp 4 1st team Offense,2 second team offense,0 Nada 1st team defense,3 second team defense.I think the dist coaches have said what we've been knowing.Say it ain't so=Dayt that once hung their hat w/Defense gets skunked 1st teamers=heck yeah we hiring

Well, the last two years Crosby has played 27 games and is giving up about 19ppg. Maybe Dayton looks at the DC to the west if they don't feel they can get their guy, whoever that may be? Makes a lot of sense seeing as how McKeon wouldn't have to move his family to take the job if he applied/was offered.

Well, the last two years Crosby has played 27 games and is giving up about 19ppg. Maybe Dayton looks at the DC to the west if they don't feel they can get their guy, whoever that may be? Makes a lot of sense seeing as how McKeon wouldn't have to move his family to take the job if he applied/was offered.

Hancock was our DC when Dayton was usually top 10 defensively in the state. Or was he?

Just stop it please. Don't use some silly comparison of Stewarts and Hancocks first 5 years. If you honestly believe they are even in the same conversation as far as head coaches go then you know very little about coaching. Stats will only do so much. You of all people should know that.

I didn't use any stats, I just went off wins and losses which are the only things that should matter right? I've told you many times, which you don't think matters, that you need players to win. Look around at who's left in the 5A and 6A playoffs, you have about 4 schools with money but the rest like Angleton, RP, Atascosita, NS, Dickinson, Manvel, GR ALL have athletes. When Stew had athletes like Green and Dugat he had his best teams, I don't think that's a coincidence. Other than maybe the '09 team Crosby beat 28-0 when he didn't have those level of players his results were pretty much the same as Hancock's, first and second round losses with a trip or two to the third round. Stew gets the credit for resurrecting the program and rightfully so, but if you look at it objectively Dayton was under Hancock exactly what they were except for about three of Stew's 16 years I believe.

I didn't use any stats, I just went off wins and losses which are the only things that should matter right? I've told you many times, which you don't think matters, that you need players to win. Look around at who's left in the 5A and 6A playoffs, you have about 4 schools with money but the rest like Angleton, RP, Atascosita, NS, Dickinson, Manvel, GR ALL have athletes. When Stew had athletes like Green and Dugat he had his best teams, I don't think that's a coincidence. Other than maybe the '09 team Crosby beat 28-0 when he didn't have those level of players his results were pretty much the same as Hancock's, first and second round losses with a trip or two to the third round. Stew gets the credit for resurrecting the program and rightfully so, but if you look at it objectively Dayton was under Hancock exactly what they were except for about three of Stew's 16 years I believe.

Like I said if you honestly believe they are even in the same conversation as far as head coaches that explains a lot of your posts. It's nice to see your level of concern in were the Dayton program is headed in the future though.

Edited by bronco pride

Word I got was that Hancock isn't actually "out" yet, but would have to re-apply as the AD/HC and might not be willing to do that versus just moving on.

If I were him, I'd just move on.  It is obvious that he will never have the respect of the folks in Dayton no matter what he does.  And the above statement if accurate is just the latest bit of evidence of that.  Really?  "Coach Hancock you haven't lost your job, but you have to re-apply for the job to keep it."  Why not show the man some respect, be straight with him and let him know if he IS or IS NOT the man for the job. But this treatment of Coach Hancock is typical as he is been trapped in a Jerry Jones-like scenario every since being named the head coach...yeah, he has been the coach but the AD is hovering so closely that Jowell Hancock has never been seen as the leader of this team.

Perhaps Jerry Stewart did the best thing for the Dayton football program when he resigned his AD role as I really doubt that the type of coach Dayton fans think they need would agree to labor under the same conditions that Coach Hancock has had to deal with.

I know this will probably hack some of my Dayton friends off but I feel no remorse for expressing this.

Edited by WOSgrad

If I were him, I'd just move on.  It is obvious that he will never have the respect of the folks in Dayton no matter what he does.  And the above statement if accurate, is just the latest bit of evidence of that.  Really?  "Coach Hancock you haven't lost your job, but you have to re-apply for the job to keep it."  Why not show the man some respect, be straight with him and let him know if he IS or IS NOT the man for the job. But this treatment of Coach Hancock is typical as he is been trapped in a Jerry Jones-like scenario every since being named the head coach...yeah, he has been the coach but the AD is hovering so closely that Jowell Hancock has never been seen as the leader of this team.

Perhaps Jerry Stewart did the best thing for the Dayton football program when he resigned his AD role as I really doubt that the type of coach Dayton fans think they need would agree to labor under the same conditions that Coach Hancock has had to deal with.

I know this will probably hack some of my Dayton friends off but I feel no remorse for expressing this.

GREAT POST!!!!!! Agree 1000%!!!

If I were him, I'd just move on.  It is obvious that he will never have the respect of the folks in Dayton no matter what he does.  And the above statement if accurate is just the latest bit of evidence of that.  Really?  "Coach Hancock you haven't lost your job, but you have to re-apply for the job to keep it."  Why not show the man some respect, be straight with him and let him know if he IS or IS NOT the man for the job. But this treatment of Coach Hancock is typical as he is been trapped in a Jerry Jones-like scenario every since being named the head coach...yeah, he has been the coach but the AD is hovering so closely that Jowell Hancock has never been seen as the leader of this team.

How come you wouldn't have to apply for a job you never held? This will be an AD/HC job. Any way I completely agree with you it's time to move on. Be good for both sides IMO.