Ozensfinest, care to explain...

Ummm, OF, you never addressed Comeaux scoring a team high 25 points and Boyd's contribution  didn't show in this game.  Further proving my point?

Best guard in the area you said?

he had 9pts 3 reb but cmon Soulja everyone will have an off game and expecting Boyd to go out & drop 20 plus game isnt a reality when you play with other talented players. Should we criticze #22 when he doesnt show up for Central & #12 does ,NO because we understand thats how the ball bounces sometimes. Lets not forget kids DO READ WHAT WE PUT ON HERE. We are entitled to our opinions but be understanding that some adults will say ridiculous things but no need to drag the kid in it. They are all wonderful players who all have deficiencies that will be worked out at the next level.  Boyd is the best & most skilled guard in the area period no debate. Anyone with basketball common sense knows that. That has nothing to do with whether he should drop alot of points a game. Lets enjoy the game and have our opinions without malice towards anyone especially the kids(and read closely im not saying its anything that anyone in particular has said so calm down before you react).  

he had 9pts 3 reb but cmon Soulja everyone will have an off game and expecting Boyd to go out & drop 20 plus game isnt a reality when you play with other talented players. Should we criticze #22 when he doesnt show up for Central & #12 does ,NO because we understand thats how the ball bounces sometimes. Lets not forget kids DO READ WHAT WE PUT ON HERE. We are entitled to our opinions but be understanding that some adults will say ridiculous things but no need to drag the kid in it. They are all wonderful players who all have deficiencies that will be worked out at the next level.  Boyd is the best & most skilled guard in the area period no debate. Anyone with basketball common sense knows that. That has nothing to do with whether he should drop alot of points a game. Lets enjoy the game and have our opinions without malice towards anyone especially the kids(and read closely im not saying its anything that anyone in particular has said so calm down before you react).  

I know what you're getting at, really I do, but it was only meant to go after OF and his ridiculous logic.  I have nothing against the Ozen players as I've in the recent past have talked Boyd up.  I said if I started an all Setx team, Boyd would be my PG if you remember.  OF and I have been having this same debate since last year, but he just won't see any logic except his ridiculousness...  

I know what you're getting at, really I do, but it was only meant to go after OF and his ridiculous logic.  I have nothing against the Ozen players as I've in the recent past have talked Boyd up.  I said if I started an all Setx team, Boyd would be my PG if you remember.  OF and I have been having this same debate since last year, but he just won't see any logic except his ridiculousness...  

i understand where you comin from which i wonder why you always respond to the foolery... Lol... You waste your time honestly i would use my breath for important things like breathing hahaha 

He's good, but this statement isn't true, Brother.  

So i ask you if your a college coach and you look at all the pg's in this area who are you taking based on skill,size and the ABILITY to play that position.

You said GUARD, not PG in the above comment.  Based on size, skill, ect, PG, yes.  But guard?  Nope.  

...and maybe because I'm a fan of production.  I want results.  There a guard on his same team that produces even on the biggest stages.  That's the player that I want.  Of course, that's my opinion, for what it's worth.  I'm no college coach or scout, so.....

Edited by BMTSoulja1

i shouldve made it a little clearer but how the game is played these days there are normally 3 guards on the floor with 2 being in pg form. These guys are really night & day as players and make plays in a variety of ways. Sometimes what Boyd does for the team doesnt show up on the wire, but without question he is the most skilled pg or guard in the area the second one being Atwood:) jmo....

i shouldve made it a little clearer but how the game is played these days there are normally 3 guards on the floor with 2 being in pg form. These guys are really night & day as players and make plays in a variety of ways. Sometimes what Boyd does for the team doesnt show up on the wire, but without question he is the most skilled pg or guard in the area the second one being Atwood:) jmo....

I respect your opinion, but I don't share your sentiment.  Lol.  Maybe as the season goes on, I can be swayed...  I'll be at the Ozen/WB game Tuesday.  

I respect your opinion, but I don't share your sentiment.  Lol.  Maybe as the season goes on, I can be swayed...  I'll be at the Ozen/WB game Tuesday.  

Ummm  Soulja , 

I've seen WB , you're setting the bar pretty low.

In some cases extras will be used to re-enact basketball. 

"Sway" at your own risk , this matchup is intended for entertainment purposes only.

Ummm  Soulja , 

I've seen WB , you're setting the bar pretty low.

In some cases extras will be used to re-enact basketball. 

"Sway" at your own risk , this matchup is intended for entertainment purposes only.

Yea, I know, but it starts one game at a time.  The process of me getting convinced starts with that game...  I've heard that Brook don't have much this year...  When they lost to Kountze without Arnold, that's when I realized something was wrong...

Yea, I know, but it starts one game at a time.  The process of me getting convinced starts with that game...  I've heard that Brook don't have much this year...  When they lost to Kountze without Arnold, that's when I realized something was wrong...

yea, Brook is kinda hmmm. I couldn't get a grasp on what dude(HC) was trying to do. They have athletes in spots but, the mix is not there. They are all over the place. #11 could be nice if he knew how to feature him. They were all over the place against Kountze.

theyll need a lot of improvement. They actually started out fast, running the tempo. Then they faded and couldn't get that pace back.  ?????

Edited by bcjag

yea, Brook is kinda hmmm. I couldn't get a grasp on what dude(HC) was trying to do. They have athletes in spots but, the mix is not there. They are all over the place. #11 could be nice if he knew how to feature him. They were all over the place against Kountze.

theyll need a lot of improvement. They actually started out fast, running the tempo. Then they faded and could get that pace back.  ?????

HC wasn't on the bench. Recovering from a medical issue.

Ummm, OF, you never addressed Comeaux scoring a team high 25 points and Boyd's contribution  didn't show in this game.  Further proving my point?

Best guard in the area you said?

I'm glad you brought this up, remember our debate our Whaley & Lil C? Lil C had much better numbers than Whaley but yet you insist that Whaley is better? Now in this case Comeaux put up better numbers and now he's all of a sudden better than Boyd make your mind up Soulja seriously you're a walking contradiction.

I'm glad you brought this up, remember our debate our Whaley & Lil C? Lil C had much better numbers than Whaley but yet you insist that Whaley is better? Now in this case Comeaux put up better numbers and now he's all of a sudden better than Boyd make your mind up Soulja seriously you're a walking contradiction.

Excellent point.

This is the basketball forum.  Address our 'basketball' debate....  Stop trying to change the subject...  

Boyd is good. No doubt about it. Best guard in the area? NOOO. Not even the best on his team. Arnold is probably leading that category for the area. Silsbee, Central, and even HJ have a guard or two that are better IMO. They are young, but are better. Again, Boyd is a good player for sure. But I do not believe he is the best guard in southeast texas. 

Soulja, I understand what you are saying but at the pg position, you can't just judge that position by production of points. Maybe you need to qualify your statement by saying that YOU like scoring point guards. 

I once knew a pg who led the city (Houston) in scoring. Avg. over 30 points a game and sometimes would go for 50. His team never made the playoffs.