*Player Of The Year*?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all I'm from westbrook 2nd of all Lumberton has had some pretty good players come through there.....not just basketball players but good athletes that played basketball...........Like when they had Lincoln and WOS in there district when Immanule Mccleroy played at Lincoln and Norious Maghee played at WOS and they beat WOS that year and had Shane chapman and Matthew Sebek........and also Lumberton did make the playoffs in 2000 and they lost to the team that went to the state championship game that year and and that team was TJ........and Lumberton had 3 or 4 guys on that team that played college sports after that year....so don't give me that........Like i said Brandon is good....but Brandon can't stiff Browns Jock what is brandon ranked in the Nation thank you very much he's not rank......ozen has 3 guys better than Brandon, Wos has a guy better than him, silsbee has a guy better than him, Central does, West Brook does........Don't get me wrong Brandon is good but he not great.....he's great at the 1a level...........Brown and Donahue they have proven how good they are against top notch teams........

You sure know a lot about Lumberton.  But like you said, your from Westbrook right.  You and bball07 must be brothers.  Both of yalls logic is flawed, big time.  You are trying to put down a kid because he plays at a lower level.  That means he must not be good right.  If thats true, then Shaq wasnt any good because he played at the 3A level.  Same for Ashton Hall.  Same for Terry Teagle(i am sure you dont know who that is).  Same for the Johnson brothers who played at Morton on the 1A level.  Same for Walter Payton and Jerry Rice because they only played 1AA football. 

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because your only a hs kid and dont know any better.  But Letsinger could start for any team in this area and more than hold his own.

Guest ltownbaseball9

your naming pro players that come through once in a life time......ashton hall yeah 3a level could play with the big boys, Kountze play in the whata-burger classic every year against the big 5a and 4a schools....shaq is 7ft you don't get players like him he's a beast...Everyone knows Brandon is not going to be a Shac,Rice, and payton....your naming dudes that once in a life time plays like how they do....Name me 4 schools that Brandon has played against at the 5a,4a,3a level thats in the playoffs right now..........ok then thank you becasue you can't.......you can sure name who Donahue who has played against and Brown has played against..........What y'all don't understand is brandon is a good player.....but its 1a people.....played against the 3a and 4a top teams around the area and see how he does oh wait we already saw what happen last week get beat by 17 and he scores 13 points against a mediocore WOS squad.......Its a different level he couldn't go out and score 20 points a game against the 3a and 4a teams like Donahue can.....or like what brown does to the 5a and 4a rank teams....its just not going to happen....the speed of the game is alot faster and the guys are alot stronger....if hes a stud like yall say he is.....at the 1a level then he should be just flat out dominating....theres no way you lose to wos by 17 if you got a so called dominating player as yall call  brandon is......

your naming pro players that come through once in a life time......ashton hall yeah 3a level could play with the big boys, Kountze play in the whata-burger classic every year against the big 5a and 4a schools....shaq is 7ft you don't get players like him he's a beast...Everyone knows Brandon is not going to be a Shac,Rice, and payton....your naming dudes that once in a life time plays like how they do....Name me 4 schools that Brandon has played against at the 5a,4a,3a level thats in the playoffs right now..........ok then thank you becasue you can't.......you can sure name who Donahue who has played against and Brown has played against..........What y'all don't understand is brandon is a good player.....but its 1a people.....played against the 3a and 4a top teams around the area and see how he does oh wait we already saw what happen last week get beat by 17 and he scores 13 points against a mediocore WOS squad.......Its a different level he couldn't go out and score 20 points a game against the 3a and 4a teams like Donahue can.....or like what brown does to the 5a and 4a rank teams....its just not going to happen....the speed of the game is alot faster and the guys are alot stronger....if hes a stud like yall say he is.....at the 1a level then he should be just flat out dominating....theres no way you lose to wos by 17 if you got a so called dominating player as yall call  brandon is......

First off, Kountze played in the 3A and lower division of the Whataburger tourney.  Get your facts right.  And they do the same when they play in the Bagg Insurance tourney.

How about the 23 pts Letsinger put up against Splendora(a 3A playoff team) when he was a freshman.  How about the Quadruple Double he had against Kountze(who went on to win state that year) as a soph.  How about Newcomer of the Year as a Freshman in a tough 2A district.  How about 1st Team All District as a soph in the toughest 2A district in the state.  How about 1st Team All District as a Junior in the toughest 2A district in the state.  How about leading his team to a 28-2 record as a senior, and will for sure make 1st Team All State this year.  How about a well respected 3A coach who had his team in Austin a year ago(he might know his stuff) saying Letsinger is better than anyone 4A Lumberton(your school) ever produced.  HOw about playing with those mighty big school boys on the AAU circuit during the summer and holding his own.  Are these good enough for you?

I try to stay away but I just get drug in. The funny thing is that Brandon would not even want this conversation going on. He would probably tell you Donahoe is the guy to talk about. That is just the way he is. But, he leads his team and they win. He cannot worry about classification he can just play who shows up that night. On his numbers, he could have ridiculous stats this year, but when you are up on a team by 30 Coach Fuller does not need him to keep throwing up 3's. I think he remembers what it is like to be the team that is down by 40.

Ltown your opinion is your opinion and I respect that. But the sniffing the jock thing is out of line. He has been on the court with the other guys mentioned and performed well

Guest ltownbaseball9

your naming stats from previous years.....I am talking about this year........not when he was a freshman,sophmore.......and nice schedule they played this year  lol......playing in Spurger Tourn,Colmesneil Tourn lol great tough teams in that tourney.......all im saying brandon is good at the level he plays on.......and would be good at the 2a level....playing at the 4a and 5a he wouldn't be the go to guy.......what schools are looking at Brandon?????

Guest ltownbaseball9

ALso I bet Brandon hasn't played against players Like Mccleroy,Maghee,Holden,Arline,Perkins,Young,Dabney,Chapell,Fobbs, Hayes from Tj and the guy that went to osu from livingston.........those are players that Lumberton has played against in the past and played those teams close that had those guys  and played them very very well so you can't tell me lumberton never had good players...also I just looked at texashoops.com and he's not even ranked in the state of texas so give me a break people stop hyping this guy up....and just realize he's not in the league with Donahue,Brown,Netherly,the guy from Ozen......and then you got 2 west brook players...and Dugat from dayton....and also got central has good ball player and silsbee has 2....and also we are fogetting about thomas from Ec....and kountzes 2 star players so just realize that he's a good 1a player and he's not even in the top 10 best players in southeast texas.......theres alot of brandons out there.......but theres not alot of Donahoes or Browns and that just how it is........ITS Life......I hope WEST HARDIN WINS STATE.....but it will still not change my mind about Brandon.....

ltown... I pray that you are not an adult because if you are I feel very sorry for your children just because they have to look up to a guy who is bashing a high school kid. IF you knew Brandon, you would know that he does not care what you nor anyone else thinks. He does not even care if he makes all-district. He cares about doing what he can to help his team win and being a class-act and having something called sportsmanship(something that you obviously know nothing about). Thats who Brandon Letsinger is and that is what makes him great.

It sickens me to see ltown and yepyep bash someone they don't really know and have no reason to bash. Fact is that the only way they would ever know what they are talking about is if BL got to play a season on a bigger team against bigger opponents and that is not going to happen.

One thing I know from this post is that neither could hold a light to him in class and character.

Great job Brandon.

ALso I bet Brandon hasn't played against players Like Mccleroy,Maghee,Holden,Arline,Perkins,Young,Dabney,Chapell,Fobbs, Hayes from Tj and the guy that went to osu from livingston.........those are players that Lumberton has played against in the past and played those teams close that had those guys  and played them very very well so you can't tell me lumberton never had good players...also I just looked at texashoops.com and he's not even ranked in the state of texas so give me a break people stop hyping this guy up....and just realize he's not in the league with Donahue,Brown,Netherly,the guy from Ozen......and then you got 2 west brook players...and Dugat from dayton....and also got central has good ball player and silsbee has 2....and also we are fogetting about thomas from Ec....and kountzes 2 star players so just realize that he's a good 1a player and he's not even in the top 10 best players in southeast texas.......theres alot of brandons out there.......but theres not alot of Donahoes or Browns and that just how it is........ITS Life......I hope WEST HARDIN WINS STATE.....but it will still not change my mind about Brandon.....

Not to get everyone mad but i agree with him.. i mean yea he is great at the 1a level but seriously you really think he is as good as a Donahoe or Brown??

Guest ltownbaseball9

I am not trying to make anyone mad....I am just speaking the truth....Brandon is a good player don't get me wrong......but do  you think he can put the numbers up against 5a teams......Junior J’Covan Brown, a 6-3 guard, leads the Titans with a scoring average of 26.2 points per game. The player ranked No. 2 among all Texas juniors has scored 30 or more points 13 times, but not since he had 44 in a Jan. 30 win over Atascocita..and put up 50 points against the number 8 team in the state mansfeild....its just the truth..he can do what donahue and brown does each and everynight.....

Guest ltownbaseball9

I am not trying to make anyone mad....I am just speaking the truth....Brandon is a good player don't get me wrong......but do  you think he can put the numbers up against 5a teams......Junior J’Covan Brown, a 6-3 guard, leads the Titans with a scoring average of 26.2 points per game. The player ranked No. 2 among all Texas juniors has scored 30 or more points 13 times, but not since he had 44 in a Jan. 30 win over Atascocita..and put up 50 points against the number 8 team in the state mansfeild....its just the truth..he cant do what donahue and brown does each and everynight.....

It is hard to judge a small school player against a large school player due to the depth of the supporting players around him. If a small school player (Brandon) had the same supporting class as these other players and played in a large school then yes he could match up with there scoring ability.

It sickens me to see ltown and yepyep bash someone they don't really know and have no reason to bash. Fact is that the only way they would ever know what they are talking about is if BL got to play a season on a bigger team against bigger opponents and that is not going to happen.

One thing I know from this post is that neither could hold a light to him in class and character.

Great job Brandon.

Slow down there partner.  I didnt and wont bash any kid.  I am defending Letsinger, not bashing him.  Ltown is the one who has a problem with him.  Go back and read again my friend.

Guest ltownbaseball9

Hey I do not have a problem with him.......he plays hard at the level he plays on and he's a good player........all i am saying is he can't do what brown and donahue can do.......but I don't dislike him......anyways what colleges are looking at Brandon???

yepyep, apologies man. I was reading a post by someone else and saw your name. My bad.

Point still being that none of these guys know BL can't play with the others because he hasn't had the chance in HS ball.

ltown, stop saying he can't and couldn't when you dont know.

I hear he has done well at AAU ball against players of all calibers.

Speaking without knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

Guest ltownbaseball9

If he could then he woudn't have scored 12 points against a overated WOS team.......and lose by 18....all I am saying is day in and day out he can't do what donahue and brown can do each and everygame.....I was there at the game when they played against WOS ....He wasn't use to the quicker and better athletes that were on the court against WOS so what does that say if he played against 4a and 5a teams.......its like saying a pitcher that dominates at the 1a or 2a level....and he goes and pitches against a 4a or 5a team, he might shut them out for 2 or 3 innings but as the game goes on, they start to catch on becasue the level of competition is alot different and it catches up to him.....and I will ask again what Colleges are recruiting him becasue I have ask 3 times and nobody will respond........

I know of two that are calling him and visiting, but I do not think it is my place to tell you.

You just don't get it or you do not read. Multiple people here have told you that he does play with these guys in AAU and more than holds his own. People that have allegiances to schools other than WH. Stop bashing, that is all you do. Go to class. They allow you too much playtime at Brook.