Newton

I think that most of the time the smaller schools have the talent to win more games, but the coaches have to know where to put that talent.

With that being said they still have to deal with the starting a senior over a junior , the parents that want to know why my son is not playing,

the coaches kids playing, you get the idea.  Curtis Barbay was one of the best  at putting kids in the right places on the field, Do i think he

could have made Deweyville a state championship team, let's just say they would be more competitive.

I think that most of the time the smaller schools have the talent to win more games, but the coaches have to know where to put that talent.

With that being said they still have to deal with the starting a senior over a junior , the parents that want to know why my son is not playing,

the coaches kids playing, you get the idea.  Curtis Barbay was one of the best  at putting kids in the right places on the field, Do i think he

could have made Deweyville a state championship team, let's just say they would be more competitive.

Well let's just look at a situation a little more current.. Shall we?  Ok.

Andy Evans won back to back State Championships at Tatum (05/06), then was a State Finalist in 07.  This year...he went 0-10 at Tatum.  Hmm... Are we to believe that he is a worse coach now than he was when he was a 2 time state champion?  Personally..I feel very strongly that coaches probably get better with experience.  Like most jobs.  The more situations we are put in, the higher probability we'll know what to do.  That's just my opinion.  So we have 2 options here.

1. Andy Evans is so bad of a coach NOW that he can't even win a football game.  Even tho he made it to the championship game 3 times.  Twice winning it all.
2.  Tatum has WORSE PLAYERS than they had those years (relative to their competition that is).

I'll let you decide which option to go with.  Be sure and think about it...then tell me again how you think coaches that are good can win anywhere no matter what.  I'll be waiting.

Coach has got to be able to do his job, once politics get involved that is over with. That maybe what happened to Andy Evans.

Injuries and internal issues was Tatum problem going into district play, thats what i was specifically told, not sure what happened after that. 

0-10 Tatum i would be willing to bet has more issues than what we know.

Andy Evans might go to Deweyville and turn them around, then again his replacement at Tatum might go 10-0 next year.

that's some of the things i said  before, depends on the situation coaches are put in

Um...this is exactly what I said..  Duh it depends on the situation.  Kind of like...having the players at Newton is a little bit better situation than having the players at Deweyville.  Kind of like having the players that Tatum had in 05-07..in that classification..versus having the players Tatum has this year in 4A D2.  No kidding it depends on the situation.. Literally the difference between a state championship and an 0-10 team.  Same Coach, same school, same program, same field, same weight room, DIFFERENT PLAYERS.

Well let's just look at a situation a little more current.. Shall we?  Ok.

Andy Evans won back to back State Championships at Tatum (05/06), then was a State Finalist in 07.  This year...he went 0-10 at Tatum.  Hmm... Are we to believe that he is a worse coach now than he was when he was a 2 time state champion?  Personally..I feel very strongly that coaches probably get better with experience.  Like most jobs.  The more situations we are put in, the higher probability we'll know what to do.  That's just my opinion.  So we have 2 options here.

1. Andy Evans is so bad of a coach NOW that he can't even win a football game.  Even tho he made it to the championship game 3 times.  Twice winning it all.
2.  Tatum has WORSE PLAYERS than they had those years (relative to their competition that is).

I'll let you decide which option to go with.  Be sure and think about it...then tell me again how you think coaches that are good can win anywhere no matter what.  I'll be waiting.

Tatum goes 2 rounds in 2013, 3 rounds 2014 most likley it's not talent , and it's dang sure not the coach, so my answer would be option 3

Good coaches bring good talent , and they know where to put the talent they have already, so yes i think they can 

Tatum goes 2 rounds in 2013, 3 rounds 2014 most likley it's not talent , and it's dang sure not the coach, so my answer would be option 3

Good coaches bring good talent , and they know where to put the talent they have already, so yes i think they can 

So the playoff runs in 13/14 had nothing to do with the fact they were a classification below what they are now?  Or nothing to do with having less talent compared to their competition?

w.o.w...  You, sir/ma'am.. I think you are clueless.

So the playoff runs in 13/14 had nothing to do with the fact they were a classification below what they are now?  Or nothing to do with having less talent compared to their competition?

I really don't give a rip about what classification Tatum is in, everyone gives a good  reason why they can't win.  I just gave you my opinion about good coaches being able to win anywhere

But.....good coaching does not win anywhere.

Pick me, Pick me....I'm from Hardin.

We have a coach that has won 12-14 years in a row at West Sabine.

He won 3 games this year, with a group that won 3 games last year. (aside from a few other kids)

Ditka and Cowher could not win 5 games with these kids but we all know the story.

But.....good coaching does not win anywhere.

Pick me, Pick me....I'm from Hardin.

We have a coach that has won 12-14 years in a row at West Sabine.

He won 3 games this year, with a group that won 3 games last year. (aside from a few other kids)

Ditka and Cowher could not win 5 games with these kids but we all know the story.

I think them boys from hardin need just a little more goat milk and they will come around

I really don't give a rip about what classification Tatum is in, everyone gives a good  reason why they can't win.  I just gave you my opinion about good coaches being able to win anywhere

Actually...we were talking about Tatum being pretty much a state power during the Andy Evans era until this year.  The same year they just so happened to jump a class.  But in the mean time you said..and I quote "dang sure not the coach".  So you're either contradicting yourself, or you think Andy Evans is a bad coach.  Which..you're entitled to your opinion.

But since we're still on this topic...CAN THE NEWTON COACHING STAFF GO TO HARDIN AND BE SUCCESSFUL...assuming they stay in the same district with East Chambers, Buna, and Kirbyville?  Because I say the the New England Patriots coaching staff could not accomplish that.

I get what you are saying, but a team full of hotshot players needs a good coach to go the distance, this is nothing you already know but discipline is a major part of coaching you have no discipline you have a underachieving team full of hotshots.

*sigh*  I know far too well about this^^^

Tatum was in the same district and 4a div 2 last year. I thought this was abut Newton anyway.

Just so you understand me better 0-10 Tatum is not  because lack of talent and dang sure not because of a bad coach.

And as far as quotes you said '' I feel strongly coaches get better with experience like most jobs, the more situations we are

put in the higher the probability we'll know what to do'' , so are you saying Andy Evans with all his Experience did not know what to do by Tatum

moving up in Classification

So now this is about Newton ,  At first it was just  a coach now it's the whole coaching staff going to Hardin, i'm sure MossHill2 would love that,

Could they make them a playoff team? Man  I'm from Newton i think they could get the Cowboys to the Superbowl may even send them a few players!