Bob Hope Charter School

Scatright

They cannot handle who they play in basketball so starting up football probably is not very wise.

It actually would make a lot of sense. Charter schools receive funding based on the number of children that are enrolled. Having a basketball team has probably brought in some students who would not have enrolled if there was no team. Football can do the same. It may only 20 or 30, but that is still 20 or 30 more students than what Bob Hope has now. They may not be competitive but it allows for the students to compete and participate in extracurricular. I do not know if  Bob Hope is better academically than Port Arthur, but if it is then more students would be willing to go there with extracurriculars than without.  

It actually would make a lot of sense. Charter schools receive funding based on the number of children that are enrolled. Having a basketball team has probably brought in some students who would not have enrolled if there was no team. Football can do the same. It may only 20 or 30, but that is still 20 or 30 more students than what Bob Hope has now. They may not be competitive but it allows for the students to compete and participate in extracurricular. I do not know if  Bob Hope is better academically than Port Arthur, but if it is then more students would be willing to go there with extracurriculars than without.  

My point was not only about competing but also actually playing the games. Several times they have had to forfeit games.

that was just a little bit racist....... 

Sigh, not to beleager(sp) the point, I can't be racist because the above statement, albeit insensitive to some, doesn't affect their lives one iota.  I own no banks, capital, government, etc.  That's a tactic used by white supremacist to get the heat off them.........

Anyway, Bob Hope charter school...........

This may not be a surprise to anyone but I think the school should...without a question...close.  Not sure why anyone would even entertain an idea of adding even more activities in a school where their current activities are an absolute joke.  Every game they play of an off night for whoever they play.  

Add football?  They should definitely start dropping sports programs instead of adding new ones.

I can respect the Hispanic community of PA taking the education of their children in their own hands.  If the larger PAISD is failing them, let them have their own.  It's better than going to a Bubble school IMO and much closer.  And again, under their control.......