Kirbyville 30 East Chambers 14/Final

WOSgrad

EC has a very good, solid football team. They are just as disciplined as everyone said...which is why they were only penalized once. But Kirbyvilles defense shut them down, and our offense was just too much to contain for 4 qtrs. I'm thinking a LOT of crows are about to be led to the slaughter for all those EC pickers. Come 'n get it! :)

to be honest that in bold IMO was the only call that may have affected the game as in momentum, the rest nope. Kville was just the better team tonight. Very impressed with their D tonight. They were aggressive, blitzed alot, had poor Sutherland back there looking average tonight, kudos to that defensive coordinator and his defensive players. 

I tried to tell everybody. Nobody wanted to hear it. There's a list of things I seen tonight that totally fell into place, just as I pictured the game in my mind. Ec secondary got exposed in the middle. Too much focus on stretching the field - which I told my boy when we played them, as soon as somebody with a passing game watches film, they are going to tear it apart. Guess what, Kirbyville has weapons that can go make plays across the middle. EC is a good squad but you stand no chance without silcox on the field all 48 minutes and all 3 games I have seen him in this year, he has an "injury" where he comes off and gets it looked at, or in some cases misses quite a few series. Tonight he missed most of the 2nd half, both ways. Sutherlands focus was to contain the outside and it bit him in the behind. If anyone's listening, which I am sure you guys won't be......please please please tell your announcer to SHUT the hell up. That's the most annoying dude in the history of football. He's trying to do play by play and that's for radio, television. My god, I have a hard time tolerating that alone. I've given EC over 250 dollars this year and I'm not even a supporter. If I lived there, I would certainly pay somebody good money to do the games, over a disgrace such as that guy. EC, you have 14 coaches. You are the largest school in our district now. Go get you some turf baby. It's been long enough, go ahead and invest. You deserve it, in my opinion. Good luck the rest of the way. We got the basketballs bouncing.....but our volleyball are still inflated and we won again tonight. Trying to represent our district all the way to State.

I tried to tell everybody. Nobody wanted to hear it. There's a list of things I seen tonight that totally fell into place, just as I pictured the game in my mind. Ec secondary got exposed in the middle. Too much focus on stretching the field - which I told my boy when we played them, as soon as somebody with a passing game watches film, they are going to tear it apart. Guess what, Kirbyville has weapons that can go make plays across the middle. EC is a good squad but you stand no chance without silcox on the field all 48 minutes and all 3 games I have seen him in this year, he has an "injury" where he comes off and gets it looked at, or in some cases misses quite a few series. Tonight he missed most of the 2nd half, both ways. Sutherlands focus was to contain the outside and it bit him in the behind. If anyone's listening, which I am sure you guys won't be......please please please tell your announcer to SHUT the hell up. That's the most annoying dude in the history of football. He's trying to do play by play and that's for radio, television. My god, I have a hard time tolerating that alone. I've given EC over 250 dollars this year and I'm not even a supporter. If I lived there, I would certainly pay somebody good money to do the games, over a disgrace such as that guy. EC, you have 14 coaches. You are the largest school in our district now. Go get you some turf baby. It's been long enough, go ahead and invest. You deserve it, in my opinion. Good luck the rest of the way. We got the basketballs bouncing.....but our volleyball are still inflated and we won again tonight. Trying to represent our district all the way to State.

i told Robanadana that at the game lol!!! (In bold) 

Good game for the Cats. Penalties we have to fix. 4th and 1 to start the 3rd quartet on their side of the field with a 10 point lead I'm not punting the ball. Then the very next series 4 and 9 and we go for it. EC is a solid team they just made more mistakes tonight. I do think we rattled the QB a little tonight he didn't like all those hits and made some errant throws. 

What an atmosphere!

First time I had seen either team this year and the better team won tonight. Yes there were some crappy calls by the refs but that's high school football for you and good teams over come that and Kirbyville did just that.

Kirbyville took over in the 2nd qtr. Their defense gave EC offense fits all night long. Hope the Silcox kid is ok, but Kirbyville is the better team, no doubt.

Anyone know the attendance? Need bigger stands on the visitors side. 

well they gotta add in the fact some folks like myself had a pass to get in plus that gate on EC side was open for about 30mins before 6pm (idk why) then they closed it for a few minutes then opened the ticket then the gate opposite side of the scoreboard. I say 5K but idk for sure. I know at 5:45 Kville had some folks in seats too, dont know if that gate was open on that side before I got there but there was a long line starting when I got there. 

I kinda had a feeling it would end like it did.  And sorry but WOS would wipe the floor with both. Silsbee, Jasper and Newton could beat both probably.  Nothing against either but size and depth matters.  Not that it matters but where's the logic of ranking a team that lost to Bridge City who lost to both Jasper and Silsbee who both lost to WOS ahead of WOS?  

Edited by Goblin

I kinda had a feeling it would end like it did.  And sorry but WOS would wipe the floor with both. Silsbee, Jasper and Newton could beat both probably.  Nothing against either but size and depth matters.  Not that it matters but where's the logic of ranking a team that lost to Bridge City who lost to both Jasper and Silsbee who both lost to WOS ahead of WOS?  

You really believe bridge city would beat us again, at this point in the season? My god, some of you people have a little too much aggy in your system. 

Also, no way Newton beats either team. But good job keeping on topic, which is, KIRBYVILLE VS. EC!!!

Talk is all you have when there's no way of backing it up on the field. I can promise you that NO ONE is giving your comment any credibility.....and EVERYONE knows both teams would compete with any you listed and beating them would shock no one. Go find a thread where someone cares and will listen to you, goblin.

Talk is all you have when there's no way of backing it up on the field. I can promise you that NO ONE is giving your comment any credibility.....and EVERYONE knows both teams would compete with any you listed and beating them would shock no one. Go find a thread where someone cares and will listen to you, goblin.

there's always going to be whining about rankings, case in point: have you checked out any of our rankings threads lately?  You had a fanbase who was already #1 complaining. 

LOL!!! So you are saying Kville is better than WOS? Hey, thats ok though we dont mind not being #1.

if wos never lost a game they would not have dropped in my poll to begin with. Guess we'll have to discuss this rankings thing to you guys yet again (for the 20th time this year) on next weeks preview show. 

The rankings have never really been about who would beat who in hypothetical games, particularly when you are combining classifications in each ranking.

BG, the explaining is never ending, just part of the process.

(btw, I have had WO-S ranked #1 all year, even after their loss to Foster)

Last year WOS was ranked the highest even though they lost to Newton who lost to Orangefield... Just sayin

The rankings have never really been about who would beat who in hypothetical games, particularly when you are combining classifications in each ranking.

BG, the explaining is never ending, just part of the process.

(btw, I have had WO-S ranked #1 all year, even after their loss to Foster)

agreed, I really wonder though if it was back to a 6a-5a-4a poll and 3a-thru-private poll who would actually be #1, there would be even more complaining about rankings, especially this year. 

Back to the thread topic...How 'bout them District Champion Kirybyville Wildcats!  From what I've heard about the region, it looks like it'll be a fight between our district and the Cameron/Rockdale district again to see who represents the region?  Thoughts??  I would love to see EC again in the region finals!  That would be awesome and make this Wildcat very proud of our district!

Also, It's becoming painfully obvious that some folks can't help from running off topic and spewing nonsense that doesn't belong in this thread!  Holy God!

I couldn't be at the game, but followed the posts on here. Sounded like the K-ville D was the biggest difference maker in the game. Congrats to the Cats on the win and the DC. Bucs, the season isn't over. Time to put this one behind you, regroup, and get ready for the playoffs.

It's playoff time!!! Go Bucs! Go Wildcats! Go Cougars! Go Eagles!...I will be pulling for all of the district teams and hoping to see (not predicting) a few upsets (the good kind) and a district rematch or two along the way.

Back to the thread topic...How 'bout them District Champion Kirybyville Wildcats!  From what I've heard about the region, it looks like it'll be a fight between our district and the Cameron/Rockdale district again to see who represents the region?  Thoughts??  I would love to see EC again in the region finals!  That would be awesome and make this Wildcat very proud of our district!

Also, It's becoming painfully obvious that some folks can't help from running off topic and spewing nonsense that doesn't belong in this thread!  Holy God!

So how about those Crosby Cougars? Where are those guys anyway?

PS.  Crosby Sucks!! Kirbyville would smoke them! :)

Edited by kicker

I couldn't be at the game, but followed the posts on here. Sounded like the K-ville D was the biggest difference maker in the game. Congrats to the Cats on the win and the DC. Bucs, the season isn't over. Time to put this one behind you, regroup, and get ready for the playoffs.

It's playoff time!!! Go Bucs! Go Wildcats! Go Cougars! Go Eagles!...I will be pulling for all of the district teams and hoping to see (not predicting) a few upsets (the good kind) and a district rematch or two along the way.

kirbyville defense definitely was the game changer. But ec turnovers didn't help. I actually thought ec's defense played good too, but it's hard to keep making stops when your offense turns the ball over... #24 on defense for kirbyville is a beast. Their d is fast and athletic. And kirbyville qb looked pretty good as well. I hope to see them make a deep run!!