PNG vs Dayton STallworth Stadium Friday 13th 7:00 pm

On a quick analysis my numbers say this could be Dayton by quite a bit. Against good teams PNG is pretty pedestrian, especially on offense. Against the three playoff teams from their district and WOS they only averaged 25ppg and 323ypg. Their defense has been solid allowing 22.5ppg and 314.5ypg. 

I think the defensive numbers are more of a result of the offenses not being as potent, I believe 21-5A averaged around 46ppg in bi-district play last year.  If Hancock is going to play like he did last night with the way Dayton can run the ball, I can easily see them winning by two or three tds. 

Should be a great game. Dayton has basically 2 weeks to prepare for PNG and keep kids healthy. That's no disrespect to Porter I'm just not sure how much game planning will go into that last game and I'm assuming a lot of starters will get some rest. Also hoping since next Friday will be senior night some kids that haven't been getting much playing time will get to take the field on their last home game at Bronco Stadium. If Dayton plays the way they did last night I like their chances of getting the W. Anything can happen though so all I can say do your thang Bronx.

Edited by bronco pride

On a quick analysis my numbers say this could be Dayton by quite a bit. Against good teams PNG is pretty pedestrian, especially on offense. Against the three playoff teams from their district and WOS they only averaged 25ppg and 323ypg. Their defense has been solid allowing 22.5ppg and 314.5ypg. 

I think the defensive numbers are more of a result of the offenses not being as potent, I believe 21-5A averaged around 46ppg in bi-district play last year.  If Hancock is going to play like he did last night with the way Dayton can run the ball, I can easily see them winning by two or three tds

Ofcourse it is. I think PNG matches up decenty with Dayton. You saids that last year as well and PNG played Dayton very well it was a close fought contest. Your stats and number crunching dont mean crap when it comes to game time. Lets face it Crosby didnt run through your district like you thought they would. Why is that is it because they aren't as good as advertised our is it that your whole district should be ranked in the top 10 its either one our the other. Im not sure...you tell me..... Hmm leaves alot of questions in my mind. You are undefeated in district but by the most minute amount. STill have a great team left to play. Letme hear your thoughts should Dayton New Caney Ce KINg all be ranked up high or is Crosby not as good as advertised???? 

Should be a great game. Dayton has basically 2 weeks to prepare for PNG and keep kids healthy. That's no disrespect to Porter I'm just not sure how much game planning will go into that last game and I'm assuming a lot of starters will get some rest. Also hoping since next Friday will be senior night some kids that haven't been getting much playing time will get to take the field on their last home game at Bronco Stadium. If Dayton plays the way they did last night I like their chances of getting the W. Anything can happen though so all I can say do your thang Bronx.

I have the greatest amount of respect for Dayton AND THEIR FANS> I hope Dayton is healthy and PNG and we get both teams playing the best they can.....May the best team win.........Good luck

I think the defensive numbers are more of a result of the offenses not being as potent, I believe 21-5A averaged around 46ppg in bi-district play last year.  If Hancock is going to play like he did last night with the way Dayton can run the ball, I can easily see them winning by two or three tds. 

Those numbers put up in 21-5a say a mouthful about the defenses in that district how can it not????

Ofcourse it is. I think PNG matches up decenty with Dayton. You saids that last year as well and PNG played Dayton very well it was a close fought contest. Your stats and number crunching dont mean crap when it comes to game time. Lets face it Crosby didnt run through your district like you thought they would. Why is that is it because they aren't as good as advertised our is it that your whole district should be ranked in the top 10 its either one our the other. Im not sure...you tell me..... Hmm leaves alot of questions in my mind. You are undefeated in district but by the most minute amount. STill have a great team left to play. Letme hear your thoughts should Dayton New Caney Ce KINg all be ranked up high or is Crosby not as good as advertised???? 

Dayon could play 0 defense last year, you never saw bring out any stay that said otherwise. Their defense isn't great this year either, but it's going to be pretty close to what you saw against Nederland and Dayton has a lot better offense to go with it. 

My numbers crunching tells me you're average and your record says the same. It's one thing to believe you can win, it's quite another another to know the reasons why or why not. 

This is what we can face, Crosby is winning by about 20ppg this year. We've played one, one score game versus the five we played last year. How do you feel comfortable enough to question the level of play in our district when your champion was beaten by our 4th place team last year and has given up a combined 90 points their two games against us this year? 

Eventually you're going to realize the reason that y'all are 3-19 against us the last four years is because we have better players and coaches. It's not that we just keep getting lucky. 

And by the way, all four of our playoff teams are in the top 10. PNG is the only one from 22-5A that will be after this week and really shouldn't be. 

Because we put even bigger numbers on 22-5A defenses. 

No matter how you dice it numbers dont lie...You have said it a thousand times..............For once you are right.....Your defenses need work the playoffs are here. Time for the real measuring stick.... Good luck to Crosby gotta call it as it is....

Dayon could play 0 defense last year, you never saw bring out any stay that said otherwise. Their defense isn't great this year either, but it's going to be pretty close to what you saw against Nederland and Dayton has a lot better offense to go with it. 

My numbers crunching tells me you're average and your record says the same. It's one thing to believe you can win, it's quite another another to know the reasons why or why not. 

This is what we can face, Crosby is winning by about 20ppg this year. We've played one, one score game versus the five we played last year. How do you feel comfortable enough to question the level of play in our district when your champion was beaten by our 4th place team last year and has given up a combined 90 points their two games against us this year? 

Eventually you're going to realize the reason that y'all are 3-19 against us the last four years is because we have better players and coaches. It's not that we just keep getting lucky. 

And by the way, all four of our playoff teams are in the top 10. PNG is the only one from 22-5A that will be after this week and really shouldn't be. 

I see you point the past doesnt matter you say it all time.... Love this when it rolls around to your feet. You have gave up a ton this year and played good but not great. Playoffs are here...

I see you point the past doesnt matter you say it all time.... Love this when it rolls around to your feet. You have gave up a ton this year and played good but not great. Playoffs are here...

Who's given up a ton? Crosby has given up 18.3ppg and 284ypg. Maybe you mean the district as a whole? I'm sure that after Dayton puts another 40 or 50 on y'all you'll have a change of heart. 

If the 9-0 GRHS Longhorns are playing on Saturday that week, Mr. Toups will be there!!!

BTW...
Through 3.5 quarters the GRHS defense held the Lamar Mustangs to 9 yards of offense and 1 first down.
This GRHS team is better than last year.

Congrats to PNG and to Dayton on big victories this weekend.
The team that BELIEVES will succeed!