Lumberton@Nederland

If Nederland has better coaching and better athletes, wouldn't their results against common opponents be better?  If you throw out Lee and look at the other 5 common district opponents, Lumberton is avg 31 pts to Nederland's 30.  Defensively, Lumberton is allowing an avg of 25 to Nederland's 24.  Looks pretty even to me. Maybe you mean "more" coaches and athletes.  It's hard to compare individual stats because of the drastic differences in styles this season, but if I look at how our QB and RB did against Nederland last year, their #s were pretty impressive.  Yarbro and Rhodes accounted for 6 TDs in the last matchup vs 2014 District Champion - Nederland.

Stephen Yarbro,  19/31 328 yds    3 TDs  0 INTs

Tim Rhodes

18 rushes for 120 yds - 3 TDs

6 rec. 120 yds - 1 TD

240 Total yds - 4 TDs

I could pull up #s for Caleb Thomas which were also impressive vs Nederland, but this should at least refute the idea that Nederland has better athletes.  I'll take our backfield over Nederland's.  I'll take our O-Line and Defense over Nederland's.  And I wouldn't trade our coaching staff for Nederland's staff.  In fact, the more I think about it, you are right.  Lumberton is a matchup nightmare for Nederland. But that's why we play the game.  Good luck Nederland.

good deal, thanks.. Doesn't hurt my feelings that I'm not liked or respected by you. Although  I did have a lot of respect for you and actually enjoyed reading some of your posts until you start bashing Lumberton for no reason.

Don't wear your emotions on yours sleeve... I love everybody..... Just not a big Lumperton supporter..... Group hug with Raidergirl...... I troll Lumperton every week... Raidergirl, hope you feel better and thing are OK.... Out of respect, I won't bash until RG is fully recovered to bash back.....

This is the exact reason I never pull for Lumberton.. People put the blinders on and think all of the sudden they have become relevant... I will say this... Our district is the weakest I have seen in years... I think the playoff teams show that... Congrats to Lumperton on making the playoffs for the 3rd time.  But please do not turn into a MECA... Or Nation for that fact.... Just be you... PNG and Nederlandfans have the right to have a little swag, also know as arrogance.... It's something you earn....... I will not dog the Choo Choo kids because they have done something that's rarely done over that way... Just keep it simple.. It is what it is.... You made the playoffs... Be happy, and don't compare yourself to any other team... Be Lumberton.. 

agree, but that's how they roll. Want respect, show respect. By the way Raider nation, good luck against Crosby, you will need it. 

Don't wear your emotions on yours sleeve... I love everybody..... Just not a big Lumperton supporter..... Group hug with Raidergirl...... I troll Lumperton every week... Raidergirl, hope you feel better and thing are OK.... Out of respect, I won't bash until RG is fully recovered to bash back.....

no emotions here, just stating facts.. It's good to see people in our community supporting the team whether anyone on here thinks we have a reason to or not. We have a great team this year. That's all that matters. Although you won't be rooting for us, I do wish y'all the best come playoff time. I would like to see PNG get back to those deep playoff runs that we've seen in the past.

agree, but that's how they roll. Want respect, show respect. By the way Raider nation, good luck against Crosby, you will need it. 

nothing we've said has been disrespectful. I pick our team to win and I give my reasons why. Never bash communities or talk about how crappy another team is.  I have a lot of respect for just about all of the programs in our district and area. And from what I've seen other Lumberton supporters do too. Once again, I have not seen any disrespect on Lumbertons part.. And good luck to you as well.

Lumberton is taking vidor's spot on the "please respect me" train...sounds like we have a new rivalry and can call it the "we want respect please, bowl".

That said, Lumberton is greatly improved THIS YEAR and I expect a very tough game...the Dogs did have a hard time slowing them down last year, but Lumberton had a harder time stopping the Dogs...hopefully, weather isn't a factor and the Dogs got their wake up call last week...DC is still on the line for the Dogs so:

Nederland    24

lumberton    16

I feel that a congrats is in order for lumberton making the playoffs, but respect is earned not givin. I know yall got a shot at nederland, like everyone else in dist. We could have lost some games. Note I said could have. Lumberton seems to be on the right track and only time will tell. Now you wanna talk trash to the king of the hill, that is great. But just be careful what you say cause its a hard struggle to eat those words. Just act like you have been there before. I still think the dogs gonna take this one, but if lumberton wins I will give props

I feel that a congrats is in order for lumberton making the playoffs, but respect is earned not givin. I know yall got a shot at nederland, like everyone else in dist. We could have lost some games. Note I said could have. Lumberton seems to be on the right track and only time will tell. Now you wanna talk trash to the king of the hill, that is great. But just be careful what you say cause its a hard struggle to eat those words. Just act like you have been there before. I still think the dogs gonna take this one, but if lumberton wins I will give props

That is the funny thing......I have not seen one post from Lumberton that was "trash talkin".....more like our guys are ready and we have a chance. We ARE the underdogs and I don't think anyone is disputing that.

I feel you should probably Google "trash talk" and read the definition. You seem completely confused on the meaning.

I really think Lumberton would have had a better chance if Nederland had not lost last week. I think the loss to GCM will refocus Nederland and the fact that Lumberton is a playoff team will add another layer to the motivation for this game. Obviously, Nederland has been the better program and Lumberton is the upstart looking to earn some respect. I think they are very similar and Lumberton is probably trying to emulate Nederland and the road map for long term success.  I think Nederland wins this one, but not by a large number.

Nederland 42

Lumberton 35

trash talk
USinformal
noun
noun: trash talk; noun: trash talking; plural noun: trash talkings
  1. 1.
    insulting or boastful speech intended to demoralize, intimidate, or humiliate someone, especially an opponent in an athletic contest.
    "he heard more trash talk from the Giants before the game than during the game"
verb
verb: trash-talk; 3rd person present: trash-talks; past tense: trash-talked; past participle: trash-talked; gerund or present participle: trash-talking; verb: trash talk; 3rd person present: trash talks; gerund or present participle: trash talking; past tense: trash talked; past participle: trash talked
  1. 1.
    use insulting or boastful speech intended to demoralize.
    "their players do not swear or tussle or trash-talk"

Translate trash talk toChoose languageAfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianBurmeseCatalanCebuanoChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDutchEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitianHausaHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianNepaliNorwegianNyanjaPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSerbianSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshYiddishYorubaZulu

Translations, word origin, and more definitions

trash talk
USinformal
noun
noun: trash talk; noun: trash talking; plural noun: trash talkings
  1. 1.
    insulting or boastful speech intended to demoralize, intimidate, or humiliate someone, especially an opponent in an athletic contest.
    "he heard more trash talk from the Giants before the game than during the game"
verb
verb: trash-talk; 3rd person present: trash-talks; past tense: trash-talked; past participle: trash-talked; gerund or present participle: trash-talking; verb: trash talk; 3rd person present: trash talks; gerund or present participle: trash talking; past tense: trash talked; past participle: trash talked
  1. 1.
    use insulting or boastful speech intended to demoralize.
    "their players do not swear or tussle or trash-talk"

Translate trash talk toChoose languageAfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianBurmeseCatalanCebuanoChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDutchEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitianHausaHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianNepaliNorwegianNyanjaPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSerbianSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshYiddishYorubaZulu

Translations, word origin, and more definitions

Just trying to help.............

I don't see any trash talking or lack of respect on our side.... But that's not what matters, this will be a good game between two good teams. Y'all have earned the spot at the top! I honestly don't see how y'all lost last week, but sometimes crazy things happen. Either way, I'll be rooting for y'all as soon as our game is over on Friday night.

Although I don't agree with you saying that Lumberton is trash-talking, I like some of what you said.  A respectful post from a supporter of a respectable program.

Lets just make this clear so we can move past all the dumb comments and actually talk about the game.... Lumberton is not seeking anyone's respect. We are trying support our guys and hope to build upon this success.. If you don't wanna support what we have going then that's fine, it's your decision. But it will not stop what we have going. At the same time, we are not disrespecting any program that has earned their spot.. Saying that we can beat a team is just being hopeful that we can and will... No, we do not have the legacy that PNG and Nederland has. I applaud y'all for what you have done in the past, and this year. I will be rooting for those teams along with Central in the playoffs.. We are not comparing our program to yalls based off of one year, if anything we in Lumberton would like to get to yalls level one day. But that has to start now.... So no disrespect towards any program. It's our goal to be able to compete year after year with the great programs we have in this district..... I feel we have a chance to win tomorrow, but not because Nederland is a bad team cause obviously that's not the case, but because it's high school football. I'm supporting my team and know that anything can happen on any Friday night... And although I think Vidor doesn't have a chance against PNG, I'm rooting for them to win only because it would make things more interesting for the championship race if we win too. But my gut is picking PNG and hoping that will catapult them into a deep playoff run!!! Good luck to all :)

I really think Lumberton would have had a better chance if Nederland had not lost last week. I think the loss to GCM will refocus Nederland and the fact that Lumberton is a playoff team will add another layer to the motivation for this game. Obviously, Nederland has been the better program and Lumberton is the upstart looking to earn some respect. I think they are very similar and Lumberton is probably trying to emulate Nederland and the road map for long term success.  I think Nederland wins this one, but not by a large number.

Nederland 42

Lumberton 35

I can agree with this post.  Lumberton doesn't have the storied history of a Nederland or a PNG.  And absolutely we want to emulate programs that are rich in history and winning tradition.  I think where some Nederland fans are confused is that we expect to win.  We expected to beat Central and PNG but we fell short.  A win vs Nederland would not be a surprise to us.  That doesn't mean we have reached the level of a Ned or PNG program and that we should win every season from here on.  But "this year", absolutely!  Why not?  And I mean no disrespect to Nederland.  But if someone tells me that Nederland has a better backfield "this year" or a better O-Line "this year" or a better defense "this year", then I would respectfully have to disagree with them.

Edited by AthleticSupporter - Jock

Lets just make this clear so we can move past all the dumb comments and actually talk about the game.... Lumberton is not seeking anyone's respect. We are trying support our guys and hope to build upon this success.. If you don't wanna support what we have going then that's fine, it's your decision. But it will not stop what we have going. At the same time, we are not disrespecting any program that has earned their spot.. Saying that we can beat a team is just being hopeful that we can and will... No, we do not have the legacy that PNG and Nederland has. I applaud y'all for what you have done in the past, and this year. I will be rooting for those teams along with Central in the playoffs.. We are not comparing our program to yalls based off of one year, if anything we in Lumberton would like to get to yalls level one day. But that has to start now.... So no disrespect towards any program. It's our goal to be able to compete year after year with the great programs we have in this district..... I feel we have a chance to win tomorrow, but not because Nederland is a bad team cause obviously that's not the case, but because it's high school football. I'm supporting my team and know that anything can happen on any Friday night... And although I think Vidor doesn't have a chance against PNG, I'm rooting for them to win only because it would make things more interesting for the championship race if we win too. But my gut is picking PNG and hoping that will catapult them into a deep playoff run!!! Good luck to all

:)

Very well said !  Congrats to Lumberton on this years success, and here's to hoping it's the start of a new direction for the kids in Lumberton.

Edited by bigned85

Lets just make this clear so we can move past all the dumb comments and actually talk about the game.... Lumberton is not seeking anyone's respect. We are trying support our guys and hope to build upon this success.. If you don't wanna support what we have going then that's fine, it's your decision. But it will not stop what we have going. At the same time, we are not disrespecting any program that has earned their spot.. Saying that we can beat a team is just being hopeful that we can and will... No, we do not have the legacy that PNG and Nederland has. I applaud y'all for what you have done in the past, and this year. I will be rooting for those teams along with Central in the playoffs.. We are not comparing our program to yalls based off of one year, if anything we in Lumberton would like to get to yalls level one day. But that has to start now.... So no disrespect towards any program. It's our goal to be able to compete year after year with the great programs we have in this district..... I feel we have a chance to win tomorrow, but not because Nederland is a bad team cause obviously that's not the case, but because it's high school football. I'm supporting my team and know that anything can happen on any Friday night... And although I think Vidor doesn't have a chance against PNG, I'm rooting for them to win only because it would make things more interesting for the championship race if we win too. But my gut is picking PNG and hoping that will catapult them into a deep playoff run!!! Good luck to all :)

you got nothing to explain to Big Ned Nation...it is them who are walking around 10 foot tall and bulletproof. Last week BIG NED walked with this same swagger into the game with GCM and got BEAT...B-E-A-T... Lumberton has done nothing but show up to fight a battle each week...when they won the did it with class and when they lost, I did not see a bunch of excuses. Nederland is a very good program and it deserves respect but it would get even more respect if it's fan were a bit more humble. So once again, Nederland Bulldogs, show up with that same strut from last week and you might be looking at second place. Lumberton folks this team has fought to get to this point and done it thru hard work and commitment...explain nothing to these folks. Yarbrough, Rhodes, Boykin, Thomas, Boutwell....y'all have fun Friday night, leave it all on the field and win or loose you will hold your head up! God Bless guys