Lumberton@Nederland

To Nederlands seniors, good luck and have fun on your final game at your home field!! And to all seniors in this game, thank God that you have been blessed with another week of football after this game. Good luck to all and prayers for no injuries!! 

Oh and bulldogs, please prove new caney wrong next week!! :)

I agree

I wouldnt think the Choo Choo coaches would allow that. I would think the gameplan would be the same as PNG defensively.. Make someone else beat them.. Which Lebaron did.. If they can control the ball, it might get interesting.. If Nederland jumps out on top, I just do not think Lumberton has the fire power to hang...

If Nederland has better coaching and better athletes, wouldn't their results against common opponents be better?  If you throw out Lee and look at the other 5 common district opponents, Lumberton is avg 31 pts to Nederland's 30.  Defensively, Lumberton is allowing an avg of 25 to Nederland's 24.  Looks pretty even to me. Maybe you mean "more" coaches and athletes.  It's hard to compare individual stats because of the drastic differences in styles this season, but if I look at how our QB and RB did against Nederland last year, their #s were pretty impressive.  Yarbro and Rhodes accounted for 6 TDs in the last matchup vs 2014 District Champion - Nederland.

Stephen Yarbro,  19/31 328 yds    3 TDs  0 INTs

Tim Rhodes

18 rushes for 120 yds - 3 TDs

6 rec. 120 yds - 1 TD

240 Total yds - 4 TDs

I could pull up #s for Caleb Thomas which were also impressive vs Nederland, but this should at least refute the idea that Nederland has better athletes.  I'll take our backfield over Nederland's.  I'll take our O-Line and Defense over Nederland's.  And I wouldn't trade our coaching staff for Nederland's staff.  In fact, the more I think about it, you are right.  Lumberton is a matchup nightmare for Nederland. But that's why we play the game.  Good luck Nederland.

Still want your backfield, and O-line, coaching staff, and defense over ours? I'm just kidding by the way, but I had to give you a hard time. Good luck in the playoffs.

Edited by jake94

Nothing against Lumberton because I'd say this about any of our district teams playing Ned after they got beat by GCM. I see Ned taking this one by a couple scores.   After the loss to GCM, Ned will come back with some inspired football and will be way to much for the L-train.

Good call.