Lumberton@Nederland

No, Ned is pretty even also.  You do not see a 1400 yd difference between passing and rushing for Ned and PNG that you see for Lumberton or the 1500 yd difference for Vidor.

Nederland
TEAM STATS
Total yards    First downs     Rushing yards    Yds/Att     Passing yards     Yds/Catch
2605              120                  1477                 6.05          1128                   12.53

PNG
TEAM STATS
Total yards    First downs    Rushing yards    Yds/Att     Passing yards    Yds/Catch
2653              134                  1142                    5.34      1511                    14.25

Lumberton

TEAM STATS
Total yards    First downs    Rushing yards    Yds/Att     Passing yards    Yds/Catch
2993             145                  2198                     6.35       795                     15.9

Vidor

Total yards    First downs    Rushing yards    Yds/Att    Passing yards    Yds/Catch
1756                86                 1662                   6.2         94                       9.4

so Lumberton has 300 more total yards than PNG and Nederland? That's pretty interesting. I didn't know that.

I would be extremely careful using the Beaumont Enterprise as a stat comparison. Very inaccurate and incomplete in some cases.

I will try to get the official 22-5A stats from it's statistician.

yeah I'm aware the stats aren't real accurate, the chronicle is the same way.

No, Ned is pretty even also.  You do not see a 1400 yd difference between passing and rushing for Ned and PNG that you see for Lumberton or the 1500 yd difference for Vidor.

Nederland
TEAM STATS
Total yards    First downs     Rushing yards    Yds/Att     Passing yards     Yds/Catch
2605              120                  1477                 6.05          1128                   12.53

PNG
TEAM STATS
2653              134                  1142                    5.34      1511                    14.25

Lumberton

TEAM STATS
2993             145                  2198                     6.35       795                     15.9

Vidor

Total yards    First downs    Rushing yards    Yds/Att    Passing yards    Yds/Catch
1756                86                 1662                   6.2         94                       9.4

All this proves is that Lumberton has a pretty good offense. When you have more rushing yards than passing, I would assume you would be considered run first but the attempts aren't listed so I'm not sure. Saying Lumberton's offense looks like Vidor's is still way off base. Even more so after looking at the stats you listed. 94 yards passing on the year vs 795 really?

I find it interesting that Lumberton played HF (small 4A), BC (small 4A) and OF (small 4A) for their pre-district schedule, which those games helped pad the OVERALL stats. Now, Nederland played Crosby (5A), Dayton (5A) and Clear Lake (6A) for pre-district.  Nederland was the underdog for this seasons picks, heck some peeps didn't even see us making playoffs ..... well, it just goes to show you never know how things will play out !  I really respect our team for having to Adjust and Overcome so much this year and be in the position they are for playoffs!  As far as I'm concerned, Lumberton has only been challenged by 2 teams so far ... Central and PNG, which Lumberton lost to both.  I am really looking forward to this game and the best team will win Friday night.

This is the exact reason I never pull for Lumberton.. People put the blinders on and think all of the sudden they have become relevant... I will say this... Our district is the weakest I have seen in years... I think the playoff teams show that... Congrats to Lumperton on making the playoffs for the 3rd time.  But please do not turn into a MECA... Or Nation for that fact.... Just be you... PNG and Nederlandfans have the right to have a little swag, also know as arrogance.... It's something you earn....... I will not dog the Choo Choo kids because they have done something that's rarely done over that way... Just keep it simple.. It is what it is.... You made the playoffs... Be happy, and don't compare yourself to any other team... Be Lumberton.. 

This is the exact reason I never pull for Lumberton.. People put the blinders on and think all of the sudden they have become relevant... I will say this... Our district is the weakest I have seen in years... I think the playoff teams show that... Congrats to Lumperton on making the playoffs for the 3rd time.  But please do not turn into a MECA... Or Nation for that fact.... Just be you... PNG and Nederlandfans have the right to have a little swag, also know as arrogance.... It's something you earn....... I will not dog the Choo Choo kids because they have done something that's rarely done over that way... Just keep it simple.. It is what it is.... You made the playoffs... Be happy, and don't compare yourself to any other team... Be Lumberton.. 

We have used RaiderNation for years now, that's nothing new...

We are just being us.....there are a few arrogant post, but surprisingly they are not FROM Lumberton posters......

For a small school we are doing great.  We are beating the odds......Don't hate.......it does not look good on ya

Edited by thetragichippy

we will not all of a sudden become relevant. It's something that will take time. But what if this is the beginning of us getting there. Should we just be happy with one more year to the playoffs and then not expect anything next year? We are being who we are, but also trying to change the culture in this town to a winning attitude. I see nothing wrong with it.

Both teams are evenly matched, this biggest question is which coach will pull back the reins and look at the bigger picture meaning the playoffs.  I can see either or both coaches putting in non-starting players in the second half to avoid injuries.  This game and all games this week are meaningless for all playoff teams in the district.  I doubt any of the coaches get bonus money for sharing a DC title.  Its all about how deep you can go in the playoffs so the final score of this game is irrelevant IMO. 

Edited by LHSRaiders.com

Once again, you are not understanding the statement.... What I am stating, is that do not waste your time throwing out stats, and coulda, shoulda,  Wouldas.... It's not worth fighting over who has 300 more yards, or who has the better running back..... It all takes care of itself on Friday Nights.....

Once again, you are not understanding the statement.... What I am stating, is that do not waste your time throwing out stats, and coulda, shoulda,  Wouldas.... It's not worth fighting over who has 300 more yards, or who has the better running back..... It all takes care of itself on Friday Nights.....

your right, so why don't we just delete this whole website then? That's the fun of it. Throwing out stats, who's better than who, who's won more games, we beat so and so and y'all lost to them.. I'm pretty sure every team does it, not just Lumberton... So you tell me what is the point of this website then? If what we are doing is "wasting our time". It's all just fun and games, and you are completely right that all talk will be silenced Friday night, and nothing but the pads talk then.

your right, so why don't we just delete this whole website then? That's the fun of it. Throwing out stats, who's better than who, who's won more games, we beat so and so and y'all lost to them.. I'm pretty sure every team does it, not just Lumberton... So you tell me what is the point of this website then? If what we are doing is "wasting our time". It's all just fun and games, and you are completely right that all talk will be silenced Friday night, and nothing but the pads talk then.

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!

Who cares? This is high school football and majority of the time there is an equal amount of pride on each side of the ball every friday night whether you're png/ned or you're lum/vidor. They're having a good year and and until that ends they need to go by whatever they like to keep the success going. I can assure you, they don't think "oh, since I'm from Lum we can't be raidernation" but png/ned can? I've played on very successful teams and pretty bad teams, but my pride, or what we went by never changed a bit. It's high school football, you do whatever you needa do and call yourself whatever you want, to give yourself that spark for a lil more

Edited by Piratefootball/baseball2

Stattrax your on the wrong thread anyway, you better go back to the PNG/VIDOR thread and worry on how to stop the slot wing T. 

GO Pirates and Raiders - Let have a 4 way District Championship!

Who cares? This is high school football and majority of the time there is an equal amount of pride on each side of the ball every friday night whether you're png/ned or you're lum/vidor. They're having a good year and and until that ends they need to go by whatever they like to keep the success going. I can assure you, they don't think "oh, since I'm from Lum we can't be raidernation" but png/ned can? I've played on very successful teams and pretty bad teams, but my pride, or what we went by never changed a bit. It's high school football, you do whatever you needa do and call yourself whatever you want, to give yourself that spark for a lil more

thank you!!! Sounds like you've been on our end of this dumb argument as well lol 

Stattrax your on the wrong thread anyway, you better go back to the PNG/VIDOR thread and worry on how to stop the slot wing T. 

GO Pirates and Raiders - Let have a 4 way District Championship!

Stop it the same way we stopped that Vaunted Choo Choo running game....... Welcome to the post season, if you need any pointers just let us know....