Lumberton@Nederland

Have not really looked at what everybody else has said to this point, but I am gonna go with a Lumberton win. I think those Lumberton boys are pumped and believe in themselves...in sports that's huge! Now add the fact that these young men are well coached, disciplined, gritty and play as a family...add it all up and that makes a tough football team that's hard to beat on talent alone. Opponents will have to match the desire and unity along with execution and toughness. Not trying to make those Lumberton boys seem better than they are but they are no push over. Best of luck Raiders go big guys!

Everyone always has a chance to beat someone, but  ... on our Senior Night .... in OUR Stadium .... in front of BULLDOG NATION watching....smh ....comical at best.  Nederland will finish off Lumberton and start preparing for our Bi-District opponent. The pressure will be too much for the raiders and the DOGS will keep that little "choo-choo"  horn pretty quiet come Friday night. Get ready for BULLDOG NATION!

GO  BULLDOGS !!!!

This game is very winnable by Lumberton by all means. As good as my Dogs can be, they can be as bad as well. If you watched the game as I do, from being there and video of it we are very beatable. I believe in our heart that we would win, but won't be surprised if we don't. If they do their homework they win, because what is seen doesn't change. I feel that is also the reason we don't advance far in playoff, tape don't lie if Lumberton look they should know what to do. All in all this the type football games you want to see, hope all players come out injury free and respect each other. After all when the last whistle blows we have some 21-5A butts to get ready for.

This game is very winnable by Lumberton by all means. As good as my Dogs can be, they can be as bad as well. If you watched the game as I do, from being there and video of it we are very beatable. I believe in our heart that we would win, but won't be surprised if we don't. If they do their homework they win, because what is seen doesn't change. I feel that is also the reason we don't advance far in playoff, tape don't lie if Lumberton look they should know what to do. All in all this the type football games you want to see, hope all players come out injury free and respect each other. After all when the last whistle blows we have some 21-5A butts to get ready for.

GCM and Vidor had the right idea... Don't get cute and just pound the rock... Lumberton will follow that plan I'm sure. However Krautz might end up being too much in the end... Should be a barn burner. 

GCM and Vidor had the right idea... Don't get cute and just pound the rock... Lumberton will follow that plan I'm sure. However Krautz might end up being too much in the end... Should be a barn burner. 

Ned needs to do the same thing against Lumberton as they did against Ozen,  keep their offense off the field.  There will probably be a heavy helping of Krautz in store for the raiders.

Everyone always has a chance to beat someone, but  ... on our Senior Night .... in OUR Stadium .... in front of BULLDOG NATION watching....smh ....comical at best.  Nederland will finish off Lumberton and start preparing for our Bi-District opponent. The pressure will be too much for the raiders and the DOGS will keep that little "choo-choo"  horn pretty quiet come Friday night. Get ready for BULLDOG NATION!

GO  BULLDOGS !!!!

And that is why Lumberton will be in this ballgame till the end...bring the Nation and time will tell, but if Big Ned shows up that cocky it could another Goose Creek Mem.

GO  BULLDOGS !!!!

I'm not sure where this pressure you speak of would be coming from. Please enlighten me.

Edited by spoonbill

No pound the rock they should that's your strength, but when everything is the same teams figure it out. Be challenging with how you call plays, even scrap your playbook if need be. When it comes to playoff everybody knows, that's what teams do. Come with new things not trick plays only. Show them what they don't know, I know you just don't practice these same plays all year long. 

Have not really looked at what everybody else has said to this point, but I am gonna go with a Lumberton win. I think those Lumberton boys are pumped and believe in themselves...in sports that's huge! Now add the fact that these young men are well coached, disciplined, gritty and play as a family...add it all up and that makes a tough football team that's hard to beat on talent alone. Opponents will have to match the desire and unity along with execution and toughness. Not trying to make those Lumberton boys seem better than they are but they are no push over. Best of luck Raiders go big guys!

Much of what you just said about the Raiders also describes the Bulldogs.  They are a very good team with a good coaching staff and they will be ready come Friday night.

These boys in Lumberton have been through some of the worst seasons imaginable.  Most people don't know the kind of grit it takes to persevere when your football team goes 1-29.  When many folks were leaving Lumberton 3-4 yrs ago for greener pastures because they didn't want to stay and fight, these boys paid the price.  They are battle-tested.  They have been abused and humiliated and kept fighting with their brothers.  We kept telling them to look around you and remember who is still standing next to you fighting.  They remember little things like when a certain Nederland RB tweeted after the HF game last year, "Oh No, We Suck Again" about Lumberton.  These boys learned to trust and depend on each other during the worst times and have picked each other up every step of the way.  They have fought so hard and for so long that it is impossible for them to quit on each other.   I can't predict who will win this Friday.  But I do know it is going to be a dog fight (no pun intended).  May the Hungriest Team win!!!

Much of what you just said about the Raiders also describes the Bulldogs.  They are a very good team with a good coaching staff and they will be ready come Friday night.

These boys in Lumberton have been through some of the worst seasons imaginable.  Most people don't know the kind of grit it takes to persevere when your football team goes 1-29.  When many folks were leaving Lumberton 3-4 yrs ago for greener pastures because they didn't want to stay and fight, these boys paid the price.  They are battle-tested.  They have been abused and humiliated and kept fighting with their brothers.  We kept telling them to look around you and remember who is still standing next to you fighting.  They remember little things like when a certain Nederland RB tweeted after the HF game last year, "Oh No, We Suck Again" about Lumberton.  These boys learned to trust and depend on each other during the worst times and have picked each other up every step of the way.  They have fought so hard and for so long that it is impossible for them to quit on each other.   I can't predict who will win this Friday.  But I do know it is going to be a dog fight (no pun intended).  May the Hungriest Team win!!!

First of all, comparing the District Champion to the #4 seed is a little far fetched.... That being said, I could only Imagine how bad it must feel to go 1-29... I guess the "Us against the world" attitude might help.... As I stated before, I do think Lumberton or Lumperton, whichever you like, does create a matchup nightmare for Nederland... But at the end Nederland has better coaching and better athletes, so I think they will come up on the winning end... But I'll eat my own words, I wouldn't have predicted The Choo Choos would have won a district game, much less make the playoffs... So far that congrats.... May the best team win....

And that is why Lumberton will be in this ballgame till the end...bring the Nation and time will tell, but if Big Ned shows up that cocky it could another Goose Creek Mem.

The Bulldog Nation will be there and you can count on that .... cocky?  I have the right to support my team just like anybody else and have a little fun with the trash talk.  Don't mistake cockiness for confidence.  I wish both of these teams good luck and no injuries .... so lighten up and enjoy the game Friday... smh.