UIL Snapshot Day

T.J. made it to state. 

The premise is much easier to verbalize than implement. Combine all of Baytown, and then you face the Katy's and Allens in the playoffs. How do you think the theoretical Baytown mega school would do? Again, see Port Arthur, who has more athletes than Baytown. It just hasn't worked well for them.

Not trying to argue, just stating an educated opinion.  

The difference between Port Arthur and Baytown is that PA had and still has a declining enrollment while Baytown's is exploding. You combined all the PA schools and probably came to about 2500 kids on the initial enrollment, now they've declined even more and will probably drop into 5A next year. That's a lot different than combining a growing 5A with two 6A schools that are also growing which would produce an initial enrollment of over 6,500 students most likely. With the right coach you would probably get similar results to what you see at North Shore.  

Actually both schools got good in football at the same time after being pretty average or worse, Class of 2000 started that trend then boom, consolidation. My alma mater went downhill pretty much in football (besides the 4-0 start in 99) after Coach Marler left and got good in basketball. 

Thats what i was talking about. All of a sudden they finally turned the corner and then bye bye. Kinda sad. Shaunderrick(sp?) was one of the best players to play in Lincoln for a while. Also, over the years I was at WOS, Coach T would tell us in the locker room that Lincoln hands down had the most talent/arguably best players in the area, just not good coaching. I guess it frusturated him seeing all that talent on the field and getting blown away every game. Then Lincoln gets a serious coach, they start winning.

Welcome to 5A. I would imagine Crosby vs PA Memorial in non-district becomes a very real possibility for next year.

Same classification plus a good squad, i wouldn't mind it, personally i would like to see NS, LP and either The Woodlands or WB on the schedule. I just hope we dont schedule any 4A or 3A squads. 

SFA @ Hardin (we had two light poles go out (all lights) and we moved the game to Liberty.

We was tied at half, but then SFA run game went wild on our D. Ended up losing by 13 points.

We finished 4th in district that year. had 240 yards passing in first half and then we tried running it in second half and that did not work.

Edited by MossHill2

Probably not,but I would not be surprised at all. Housing is really booming here and the Grand parkway running right between Porter and New Caney will add even more. I do not believe our admin wants to go back to the Big school division. Wasn't too long ago my step son played in the district against The Woodlands and Lufkin. Our kids did the absolute best they could and got pushed around pretty bad.

do yall really need a 3rd HS?? 

The way it looks to me is that many of the multi-school district around Houston weren't prepared for the current growth even as little as 5 to 10 years ago. Manvel just opened in '06 and they already need Shadow Creek. Foster opened in '01 and they already need Fulshear. Atascosita opened in '06, Kingwood Park opened in '07 and Summer Creek opened in '09 but Humble ISD already needs another school. Cy Ranch opened in '08 and Cy-Fair already needs another high school. Tompkins opened in '13 and Katy already needs another high school. Porter opened in '10 so it's not surprising at all NCISD needs another school already. 

after lincoln closed, suggs was the last great coach that was in the district. i hear old heads that state after coach joe washington son's left lincoln, the program went down in a hurry. it didn't get it's swagger back until he finally left and coach williams took over. suggs improved on what coach williams built(thanks dick williams for the lone WOS victory!!) PAM had the chance since day one to be a true power house. problem was/is too many " we going to do it the tj, lincoln, or sfa way", instead of the MEMORIAL way. needing someone from the outside. outside means from far west and north. don't need none of the home grown boys.

after lincoln closed, suggs was the last great coach that was in the district. i hear old heads that state after coach joe washington son's left lincoln, the program went down in a hurry. it didn't get it's swagger back until he finally left and coach williams took over. suggs improved on what coach williams built(thanks dick williams for the lone WOS victory!!) PAM had the chance since day one to be a true power house. problem was/is too many " we going to do it the tj, lincoln, or sfa way", instead of the MEMORIAL way. needing someone from the outside. outside means from far west and north. don't need none of the home grown boys.

preach!