Silsbee 62 Bridge City 42/Final

WOSgrad

BC had 4 turnovers and Silsbeee had 1. That's usually always a recipe for disaster and it certainly was last night.

Let's reel all the "coulda scored 80" talk in though. The garbage time touchdowns were just that. 

This was a 6 point game at 41-35 with 5 minutes left in the 4th and Silsbee facing 3&9 from their 23 yard line. D. Thomas was flushed from the pocket and A. Thomas catches a check down after cutting a blitzing LB and picks up the first down with the help of 2 missed tackles. This play was the back breaker and hats off to Silsbee for making a clutch play at crunch time. If BC holds there, it's punt time for Silsbee and BC takes over near midfield only needing 6 to tie it up and 7 to take the lead with only 4:30 left.

I'm not saying in any way that BC shoulda or woulda won this game but it was most definitely not a "beatdown" as these Silsbee posters would have you believe. 

Should be a great battle next Friday for the title.

Good luck to both teams!

PS. Refs were horrible but for both sides. Silsbee clearly offsides on the kickoff that they recovered deep in BC territory. You can still see the kicker's white shoe behind the ball here and 4 guys from Silsbee offsides.....wait for it.....no flag.....

Offsides.jpg

BC had 4 turnovers and Silsbeee had 1. That's usually always a recipe for disaster and it certainly was last night.

Let's reel all the "coulda scored 80" talk in though. The garbage time touchdowns were just that. 

This was a 6 point game at 41-35 with 5 minutes left in the 4th and Silsbee facing 3&9 from their 23 yard line. D. Thomas was flushed from the pocket and A. Thomas catches a check down after cutting a blitzing LB and picks up the first down with the help of 2 missed tackles. This play was the back breaker and hats off to Silsbee for making a clutch play at crunch time. If BC holds there, it's punt time for Silsbee and BC takes over near midfield only needing 6 to tie it up and 7 to take the lead with only 4:30 left.

I'm not saying in any way that BC shoulda or woulda won this game but it was most definitely not a "beatdown" as these Silsbee posters would have you believe. 

Good luck to both teams!

PS. Refs were horrible but for both sides. Silsbee clearly offsides on the kickoff that they recovered deep in BC territory. You can still see the kicker's white shoe behind the ball here and 4 guys from Silsbee offsides.....wait for it.....no flag.....

Offsides.jpg

Busted...

This resulted in a turnover?

I looked at the stats and knew what the difference in this game was. ;) 

Got to hang onto the football!

Officiating seems to be worse this yr than I've ever seen it. At the HS and MS level. 

Next time we talk remind me to tell you about the HF game... :/

Edited by Gasilla

Busted...

This resulted in a turnover?

Garbage time scores???? You can justify the point spread how you want, but don't degrade the effort of the Cardinals by giving up touchdowns. Silsbee earned everything they got last night, every yard, every first down, every touchdown. saw no give up in the Cardinals last night, no quit, no just let them have a touchdown from the Cardinals. For you to come on here and disrespect Bridge City by saying they gave up garbage time touchdowns goes against everything I have read on here or seen. I love when we beat Bridge City, have for years, but I've never said they gave up. Also, as far as the 80 points, yes Silsbee could have put 80+ on the board last night. Three touchdowns where called back because of phantom flags and unexplained calls, Bridge City had several against them as well and every fan in the stadium left the game scratching their head figuring out what the refs where doing. Bridge City just got beat by a superior team last night. Silsbee needed to get a big lead and they did, BC got the momentum and made a run to make a game out of it but it was to little to late as Silsbee pulled away in the end. I never once in this game I t that Bridge City gave up garbage touchdowns, I thought Bridge City played hard till the end. Good luck to Bridge City in the playoffs.

Silsbee out played Bridge City on both sides of the ball. Silsbee scored their last few TDS inside thr 5 minute mark. One on a snap over the Bridge City qb head into the end zone and the other on a Dontre Thomas run. Silsbee earned that victory vs a very good Bridge City ball club. From speaking to someone at the game, this may have been the worst officiate game he has seen in his 52 years of living. Next week will match up the two Milo's exciting Quarterbacks in the district in Dontre Thomas and Tiger Williams. 

Yes we lost but I promise if we wouldn't have had that kickoff muffed or that penalty on the drive we were going to score that came from no where this game could've turned out a lot different seems like after all the mistakes and fumbles happened we just weren't the same. We still showed how easy it was to score by both long runs that were the same play. We definitely should have ran that play alot more because silsbee couldn't stop it. Just saying if the mistakes wouldn't have happened and we would have got our momentum we would have took the game no doubt. But it didn't work that way and we lost so good job to silsbee for capitalizing on that and not taking anything away from silsbee because they are a great team! And will finish great! Mistakes like that have screwed us this game and jasper game but gotta change that if we wanna do good in the playoffs!

The "we beat ourselves" thing just ain't workin in this case.

Silsbee had 3 TD's taken off the board due to "mistakes" ( I say mistakes because a couple of them were the line judge on the near sideline) ;).

BC did not have a TD erased. That is why I threw that 80 point thing out there since a BC fan claims they beat themselves.

Silsbee was 2-3 TD's better last night.

Good luck to both teams!

Offsides.jpg

If it was a 6 pt lead with 5 min left in game. I would not consider what happened after that garbage time.

You are insulting BC coaching staff and the players, for how hard they played last night.

Silsbee owns Bridge City and that's that. Silsbee playing for DC and BC will be in the playoffs. Great game 

Bet they don't want to do it over if you want to continue to make poinless BS statements. Great game! Note: BS may stand for BadSanta....or not.

I don't want to sound like I am belittling Huffmans win over the Tigers because they came in and executed very well and beat us but I really feel that for a good part of that first half we had homecoming on the brain.  Dropped a couple passes we don't normally drop and just lackluster play. I didn't get to see tonight because of a sick toddler and the threatening weather but it sounded more like I expect from this team.

It is a good thing that Jasper pulled out the BC game at the last minute, or they also would have had to use the homecoming excuse.....  Just joking!

Why would they wanna playa again. This isn't a series like baseball bro. It's a one gamers. You lost! Pretty much BC always loses to Silsbee. Alltime record is 33-8 in favor of Silsbee. It's like 8 times luck. Your kids talked smack on Twitter and even had a news paper article that read "BC should beat Silsbee!". Silsbee came kicked butt and rolled out. Bcrock I know your upset and you are more than likely losing sleep. It's ok. BC is expected to lose to Silsbee. Your past few games gave you false confidence and you came  into the game expecting to roll Silsbee. It didn't happen. Enjoy the victory next week and prepare for thr playoffs. My pointless takes must be good because you keep commenting on them. 

It is a good thing that Jasper pulled out the BC game at the last minute, or they also would have had to use the homecoming excuse.....  Just joking!

Yea,  I am not making an excuse with that Huffman came out and executed their offense and game plan very well.  They beat us pulled off a couple of onside kicks.  One on the opening kick off that caught our guys off guard.  I will say for some reason I was in the stands almost expecting that one.  We  just looked a little flat to begin with.  We recovered and fought back and had a chance just like BC did Friday just in both cases it was too little too late. No excuse at all we should have come out ready to go all out,  we will this Friday whether we win or not. 

If it was a 6 pt lead with 5 min left in game. I would not consider what happened after that garbage time.

You are insulting BC coaching staff and the players, for how hard they played last night.

I'm not sure you're understanding what I said.... The snap over the head and the 53 yard run with a minute left are garbage time touchdowns in that they really didn't impact the outcome. That had already been determined...see above where I said hats off to Silsbee for making a clutch play. My comments are in no way insulting to anybody on the BC side. As a matter of fact,what I would call insulting to BC coaches is "Silsbee coulda scored 80"....I was simply making the point that it wasn't a beatdown as you guys suggested and  that there were errors made by the officials both ways and again, unlike most comments I've seen from that side. 

And also as stated in my post above it oughta be a good one and good luck to both teams.

Peace out...

Those last two TDS were in fact in what decided the game. If Silsbee didn't score those BC is still in the game.

So let me understand your brillliant "pointless" statements, "Silsbee owns Bridge City" yet was so concerned they needed a BC mistake in thier endzone and a score in the last minute to claim that? Till we meet again, Im done.:)

There is a lot of excuses coming from some BC fans. 

There was calls made by officials that both sides dont agree with.

Interceptions, fumbles and penalties are something that happens during a football game.

If you want to beat a good teams, cut down on the mistakes.

BC was beaten by a better team, end of story.

Good luck to BC in the playoffs.