Dayton @ New Caney Sat. Halloween night.

Octfeb

Lol, where we differ with Dayton is that 7 of those 10 starters coming back are D1 kids. Imagine Crosby's backfield next year with Netherly, Grace and Williams with Jordan Hill and Trey Edwards to throw to on the outside. Not to mention Gray-Brooks who caught the 60 yards strike from Cotton down the sideline. We're not in the same boat as Dayton and we have better player development. We're more than fine with what we have coming back on 2100.

that will be the fastest backfield in the state on any level.

Lol, where we differ with Dayton is that 7 of those 10 starters coming back are D1 kids. Imagine Crosby's backfield next year with Netherly, Grace and Williams with Jordan Hill and Trey Edwards to throw to on the outside. Not to mention Gray-Brooks who caught the 60 yards strike from Cotton down the sideline. We're not in the same boat as Dayton and we have better player development. We're more than fine with what we have coming back on 2100.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night. You said this is the year not me. You also said this is the best offensive line possibly in the state. Well 4 of them are gone. Not to mention the entire dline and most of the lb core and Pickney. Won't even mention your 2 year starter at qb. Oh well just remember title or bust. As for me back to the thread. I think Ware is the best qb in the district at running an offense. The kid is tough as nails and can beat you running or throwing. Makes really good decisions to. I can't wait to see how Dayton matches up this Saturday and even though it doesn't make a difference come playoff time I would like a W. 

Edited by bronco pride

I don't think you are going to see a return to the "same old New Caney" after this year.  They might not be quite as good next year but they will still win a lot of football games.  Currently the JV is 9-1.  There freshman class is a little down but both of there 8th grade teams are doing real well.  New Caney doesn't get much respect because they've never had much success and haven't been able to sustain what little success they have had.  I think all that is starting to change, people better start taking New Caney seriously, I think they will be competing for a playoff spot for the next several years.

JV success isn't a very good indicator of future varsity success. Teams usually already have their studs on varsity rather it be playing or riding the bench. Crosby usually doesn't win many games on the freshman level and wins even less on the jv level but it doesn't effect them when they get to varsity. For example, New Caney's jv beat Crosby 28-20. I think our jv has 1 or 2 wins on the season. The kid that should be the jv quarterback plays rover on varsity, the kid that should be the running back is a 5-star running back on varsity, the jv's would be bell cow on the o-line is a 320 pounder playing guard on varsity and their top receiver is also. Those kids are probably worth 4 or 5 extra tds on the jv level. The jv kids NC has now will probably have to start on varsity for them next year, the majority of our starters will already have significant varsity experience. I would be enthusiastic too, but I don't think it's a coincidence the only year NC has been good in the past dozen seasons or so is when the OC brings his son and a few other free agents to try to make a run.    

JV success isn't a very good indicator of future varsity success. Teams usually already have their studs on varsity rather it be playing or riding the bench. Crosby usually doesn't win many games on the freshman level and wins even less on the jv level but it doesn't effect them when they get to varsity. For example, New Caney's jv beat Crosby 28-20. I think our jv has 1 or 2 wins on the season. The kid that should be the jv quarterback plays rover on varsity, the kid that should be the running back is a 5-star running back on varsity, the jv's would be bell cow on the o-line is a 320 pounder playing guard on varsity and their top receiver is also. Those kids are probably worth 4 or 5 extra tds on the jv level. The jv kids NC has now will probably have to start on varsity for them next year, the majority of our starters will already have significant varsity experience. I would be enthusiastic too, but I don't think it's a coincidence the only year NC has been good in the past dozen seasons or so is when the OC brings his son and a few other free agents to try to make a run.    

NC did have a couple soph up on varsity the first 3 or 4 games. They did get some playing time. They were moved down in order to get more snaps. I am still trying to find out where the players you mentioned came from. They did not all come from St Pius.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night. You said this is the year not me. You also said this is the best offensive line possibly in the state. Well 4 of them are gone. Not to mention the entire dline and most of the lb core and Pickney. Won't even mention your 2 year starter at qb. Oh well just remember title or bust. As for me back to the thread. I think Ware is the best qb in the district at running an offense. The kid is tough as nails and can beat you running or throwing. Makes really good decisions to. I can't wait to see how Dayton matches up this Saturday and even though it doesn't make a difference come playoff time I would like a W. 

No doubt I feel like this year is our best shot. You mention "rebuilding" like I said Dayton will have to do, I'm just telling you we won't. As far as Cotton, it will hurt to lose him but we have a 6-3 replacement who can drop dimes and possibly win a state track title this year. We don't even reload anymore Pride, our weapons are belt fed. I only sleep bad on night we lose so I'm pretty well rested.

No doubt I feel like this year is our best shot. You mention "rebuilding" like I said Dayton will have to do, I'm just telling you we won't. As far as Cotton, it will hurt to lose him but we have a 6-3 replacement who can drop dimes and possibly win a state track title this year. We don't even reload anymore Pride, our weapons are belt fed. I only sleep bad on night we lose so I'm pretty well rested.

Title or bust. I actually don't really care who has what coming back next year just yet. Just like watching you scramble. I think if Dayton can get hot they will be playing for a while longer. Isn't there a Porter thread for you to be on. If not please start it.

NC did have a couple soph up on varsity the first 3 or 4 games. They did get some playing time. They were moved down in order to get more snaps. I am still trying to find out where the players you mentioned came from. They did not all come from St Pius.

Well, we all know Timmy Ware came from St. Pius. The links are too long to post but if you Google "David Harvey St. Pius X" you can find his sophomore track times. If you do the same for Marte Allison you can find his freshman track times at St. Pius also. Andrew Segovia's stuff is harder to find but you can do that the same way also. Of the 4,287 yards New Caney has gained so far 4,089(95%) are from the transfer players and I believe only 3 offensive tds all year haven't been scored by them. 

Title or bust. I actually don't really care who has what coming back next year just yet. Just like watching you scramble. I think if Dayton can get hot they will be playing for a while longer. Isn't there a Porter thread for you to be on. If not please start it.

Same here, I enjoy watching you get all excited for the Broncos to take yet another L. We don't start layup threads.

Same here, I enjoy watching you get all excited for the Broncos to take yet another L. We don't start layup threads.

Crosby  struggles in their last two games against unranked district teams -I think your state or bust conquest is in serious jeopardy better hope you don't get matched up against TX city or  you might take an early exit to mecca basketball.

Crosby  struggles in their last two games against unranked district teams -I think your state or bust conquest is in serious jeopardy better hope you don't get matched up against TX city or  you might take an early exit to mecca basketball.

lol, they will never be that. (In bold) 

It's pretty much a foregone conclusion we're getting Texas City in the second round. They're probably the second best D2 team in the region with Magnolia. College Station may be better than I think though. 

I don't think you are going to see a return to the "same old New Caney" after this year.  They might not be quite as good next year but they will still win a lot of football games.  Currently the JV is 9-1.  There freshman class is a little down but both of there 8th grade teams are doing real well.  New Caney doesn't get much respect because they've never had much success and haven't been able to sustain what little success they have had.  I think all that is starting to change, people better start taking New Caney seriously, I think they will be competing for a playoff spot for the next several years.

GO BRONCOS!  :D

You guys traveling over from Dayton this evening may want to take 1960 all the way into Humble to 59. I just got report that 1485 between New Caney and Huffman has water across the road in a couple places. Both Peach and Caney Creeks are prone to flood there. Even if the rain stops at 5 it will not recede in time.

You guys traveling over from Dayton this evening may want to take 1960 all the way into Humble to 59. I just got report that 1485 between New Caney and Huffman has water across the road in a couple places. Both Peach and Caney Creeks are prone to flood there. Even if the rain stops at 5 it will not recede in time.

Glad you posted this. I was just fixing to ask, was there any roads we needed to avoid on the way over there. That is the way we always come is 1485. So 1960 to 59 it is... Thanks for giving us a heads up. And by the way, It was nice meeting you at the Crosby game.