Official Mid County Madness 2015 Thread

jake94

I'm no math major, but our rate of approach appears to be fairly steep.  Also, I'll take being behind in the overall series to enjoy the domination of the past two decades.  I wasn't around for much of the 92 years, so these last 20 have been SWEET.

I'll take just winning tonight to slow down that approach.lol

PNG is the better overall team. They have more weapons on offense and are more balanced. PNG also has the better overall defense. With all this being said, NED has the edge in all the intangibles. They have had PNG's number and are the more confident team. NED is also the more physical team and Rivalry games usually come down to who can get the one yard necessary to sustain a drive or stop the other team at a crucial point during the game. I'm going against ever logical brain cell in my head and taking flash and dance, poetry over power, pretty over ugly.

PNG 42

NED 39

I will admit that I have a bias here being a Nederland fan, so there is my disclaimer, but here is my point...I really care very little about the all time record and what happened 30 plus years ago...I can relate to this as a lifelong fan of the Dallas Cowboys...I love the Cowboys and I pull for and watch them every weekend, but my days of calling it a great franchise are over....we haven't won anything over 20 years except for a couple of playoff games...as much as I love the Cowboys, they are no longer a great NFL team...I refer to the same logic when people remind me of the all-time record of png/Nederland...I am far more interested in what happens in the here and now than anything that occurred years ago...as I mentioned before, this century/last 15 years, Nederland is 12-3 against png...to me, that makes it a great time to be a Bulldog with regards to this rivalry and I'm gonna enjoy it while we are in it.

Best of luck to both teams tonight...this really is one of the best experiences for all of these kids and the communities...there really is nothing like a little MCM...hoping for an injury free, hard fought, close game

Gabe is legit.. He understands the meaning of this rivalry.... And he's not writing articles just to get his name in the paper... All this is nonsense... It will never move, so if all the cry baby's want to get in next year... Buy your tickets early... I found 4 tickets for relatives yesterday after 5 pm. It's not that hard... Unless your a outsider... In that case head to the Lumperton game, they are looking for some fan support... At the end of this night im either going to be mad or happy... But all you Internet warriors know this one thing... I WILL STILL BLEED PURPLE regardless of the outcome.... And you can't change that... Good luck to all involved, hope it's injury free.... And I'll try and video a bunch of grown adults barking like dogs for fun if I can...... For the folks I've been trash talking with online all week, have a safe trip, albeit short.... For the folks wanting updates good luck becasue this place is gonna be packed tighter than a parachute..... Goosebumps already.... And for my boy BG and Soulja.... ATMOSPHERE...... You won't find a better one anywhere in this greatest state in the land.... Peace.... Honor.... Pride... Tradition.... Get you some....... In the words of the great Pat Fisher.... Let's get some Patty cake going, this is going to be a hell of a game...........

Gabe is legit.. He understands the meaning of this rivalry.... And he's not writing articles just to get his name in the paper... All this is nonsense... It will never move, so if all the cry baby's want to get in next year... Buy your tickets early... I found 4 tickets for relatives yesterday after 5 pm. It's not that hard... Unless your a outsider... In that case head to the Lumperton game, they are looking for some fan support... At the end of this night im either going to be mad or happy... But all you Internet warriors know this one thing... I WILL STILL BLEED PURPLE regardless of the outcome.... And you can't change that... Good luck to all involved, hope it's injury free.... And I'll try and video a bunch of grown adults barking like dogs for fun if I can...... For the folks I've been trash talking with online all week, have a safe trip, albeit short.... For the folks wanting updates good luck becasue this place is gonna be packed tighter than a parachute..... Goosebumps already.... And for my boy BG and Soulja.... ATMOSPHERE...... You won't find a better one anywhere in this greatest state in the land.... Peace.... Honor.... Pride... Tradition.... Get you some....... In the words of the great Pat Fisher.... Let's get some Patty cake going, this is going to be a hell of a game...........

I've been to John Tyler vs Tyler Lee, Abilene High vs Abilene Cooper, Old High vs WF Rider, Lufkin vs Longview games: I know all about atmosphere at bigtime rivalry games, from 14K to 20K fans and the build-up during the week (sometimes weeks ahead). Not sure Soulja knows atmosphere though lol.