Port Neches-Groves 42 Goose Creek Memorial 14/Final

WOSgrad

Prayers for the injured player..

My thoughts on the game... Offensively I was proud BF kept it vanilla... Especially without Giblin.. Sullivan and Mcgough stepped up... Defensively we played better after the first drive.. LL layed some hard hits... Conditioning seemed to be better than the last few games.. And the DC made some good adjustments... All in all we are young on the defensive side, but getting better by the week.. Robinson filled in well for Rembert... And BF pulled the starters on both sides and emptied the sidelines... So honestly I don't have much to gripe about.. The upcoming weeks will tell the tale.... IMO the cakewalks are over..... Should make for some good upcoming games....

Prayers for the injured player..

My thoughts on the game... Offensively I was proud BF kept it vanilla... Especially without Giblin.. Sullivan and Mcgough stepped up... Defensively we played better after the first drive.. LL layed some hard hits... Conditioning seemed to be better than the last few games.. And the DC made some good adjustments... All in all we are young on the defensive side, but getting better by the week.. Robinson filled in well for Rembert... And BF pulled the starters on both sides and emptied the sidelines... So honestly I don't have much to gripe about.. The upcoming weeks will tell the tale.... IMO the cakewalks are over..... Should make for some good upcoming games....

Sounds like things are going well in PNG.  It makes football more fun when the reservation is rocking.  PNG / Crosby playoff game would be fun.  Coogs will go D2.  What about PNG?

Prayers for the injured player that it was not serious.

I can't believe grown people are on here talking about our team not hitting a knee. Hitting a knee is not out of respect for the injured. It was started in junior leagues so that when a kid got injured the other kids stayed in one place and weren't roaming all over while the coaches checked on the injured kid. Back in my days we never hit a knee. Hell I watched two years in a row, 85 & 86, a QB for PNG get a compound fracture to their leg playing French. French never hit a knee while they were working on either one of them. This hitting a knee has gotten out of hand. Believe me I am very concerned when a kid gets an injury to that severity but hitting a knee is not going to do anything for it. I saw a few kids hit a quick knee a send a prayer up for him that I guess most weren't seeing because they were more worried why we were not acting like a junior league team.

If it's "disrespectful" to NOT take a knee, why is it OK for the injured players team to enjoy a water break??  

If a player gets a stinger, slight pull, or cramp do you really think the other team should completely stop ??  

Now, last night was different.  When the young man was obviously seriously injured BOTH teams respectfully moved to the sidelines.

Turn on the TV right now - name one D1 team that drops on the spot to take a knee so as not to be "disrespectful."  Yes I'm bias, and an Indian for Life.

My thoughts on taking a knee. Seriously injured take a knee if it makes a player feel better  out of respect. But yelling and screaming because a team didn't take a knee is way more disrespectful than not taking a knee. I do believe though taking a knee is becoming something of the past. Having complete silence when a kid is seriously injured from both sides speaks way louder than taking a knee or getting angry and yelling "take a knee". 

My thoughts on taking a knee. Seriously injured take a knee if it makes a player feel better  out of respect. But yelling and screaming because a team didn't take a knee is way more disrespectful than not taking a knee. I do believe though taking a knee is becoming something of the past. Having complete silence when a kid is seriously injured from both sides speaks way louder than taking a knee or getting angry and yelling "take a knee". 

I agree Octfeb. I'm always taken aback when someone is injured and I hear boo's coming from across the field. I mean, you have a young man down on the field and all he is hearing is his crowd booing. That can't be comforting. 

This is nothing but a internet topic... It doesn't make a hill of beans.... Knee or no knee.. You show respect and that's what it's about.. Nobody was running around or booing... He got a long standing ovation... People should be worried about the kid and his family....