Nederland 34 Beaumont Ozen 25/Final

WOSgrad

Come on Bru, nothing's changed.  A couple of years ago we were supposed to have the best defense in the history of the world.  If I recall, we got waxed early in the playoffs.  Again -- blame the kids if you wish.  I choose not to!

blaming kids... where did I do that?  I'm curious as to what defense you are referring get to?  The year everyone said we had the best defense in the history of the world, we were completely dominant against every team we played until injuries caught up to us I think he 4th round.  Let's talk facts, what defense are you referring to?  We haven't heard much from you the last half decade.

blaming kids... where did I do that?  I'm curious as to what defense you are referring get to?  The year everyone said we had the best defense in the history of the world, we were completely dominant against every team we played until injuries caught up to us I think he 4th round.  Let's talk facts, what defense are you referring to?  We haven't heard much from you the last half decade.

The one that had Pryor on the line.  Now you remember?   Also, If one doesn't think it's a coaching problem then the only thing left is the athletes...

Edited by smitty

Smitty, quick, pick another team, that was one of the area if not states most dominant defenses that year.  Carried us 4 rounds deep, dominated the #1 team in the state at Reliant, please bolsterling your argument with another fact.  You've been off Nederland football threads for half a decade for a good reason, you've had nothing going to talk about

Smitty, quick, pick another team, that was one of the area if not states most dominant defenses that year.  Carried us 4 rounds deep, dominated the #1 team in the state at Reliant, please bolsterling your argument with another fact.  You've been off Nederland football threads for half a decade for a good reason, you've had nothing going to talk about

True.  So there has been ALWAYS been athletes!   Certain times were in-spite of not because of a certain individual.  Again -- what about the defense that Pryor was on?  Should have led deep into the playoffs.  But...

PS -- Bru, refresh our memory here:  We don't ever recall you ever blaming the coaches. 

Edited by smitty

Smitty blames our Defensive struggles on X an O's.  I see a Jimmy and Joe deficit. Its only opinions...........

Well, it's not really the X's and O's, per se.  It's a certain teacher of those.  Again -- I will respectably disagree about the Jimmy and Joe part.  I feel the athletes at Nederland are there.  It's just what certain coaches can get out of them.  Again -- I don't/won't blame the kids. 

True.  So there has been ALWAYS been athletes!   Certain times were in-spite of not because of a certain individual.  Again -- what about the defense that Pryor was on?  Should have led deep into the playoffs.  But...

PS -- Bru, refresh our memory here:  We don't ever recall you ever blaming the coaches. 

I ttold you what Pryor's defense did, please keep up, they went 4 rounds aND knocked off #1 PD.  I haven't blamed anyone.  Blame game is for LOSERS, we are WINNERS in Nederland

We are in week what-I don't think I said anything about Lebaron. I do believe that coaches call the first read right, so trust and believe I know how this works.

Agreed, but you said the offense was Vanilla? And they needed to use other weapons, so I gave you LeBaron and 6 others he has thrown touchdown passes too......Enlighten us with whom you think should get more touches. Let me guess????????

Agreed, but you said the offense was Vanilla? And they needed to use other weapons, so I gave you LeBaron and 6 others he has thrown touchdown passes too......Enlighten us with whom you think should get more touches. Let me guess????????

Jalin Johnson more for one, this kid always made plays at the wr position over the years. And if you thought I was going to say  Tae, we all know he just a decoy.

I thought the defense was struggling, but it's the offense Mayfield???

This what im saying we play Central then Png, both team is able to physical match up with us. In our offense we really to much on one guy, yes he is a monster. The problem when you come up against a team that can contain the beast then what.  We have Perkins, Fisher, Johnson and Garrett get the ball to those guys. Trying to give it to one guy running and passing, that's all I am saying.

Edited by MAYFIELD

I think you go with what works . Fact is that Lebanon did not have a lot of time to get his passes off Friday night. Panthers were in his face all night long. When your running game is getting you 8-9 yards per carry then you stick with it. That is what we did on last drive. And you saw how that worked out. If we would have went with that strategy earlier The game would not have been that close. We would have had the clock on our side and would have kept our defense off the field so much. So we should do what works until someone shuts it down. I think if you look at district stats you will see some good numbers for Lebaron throwing the ball to multiple weapons . So not sure where Mayfield is coming from?

....and former Ozen safety/RB Randle balled out again for Lamar U. this weekend for an 87 yard k/o return for paydirt.  Balling out as a Freshman and is an impact player on defense.  See what happens when a coach sees a player's talents and utilizes them?

Anyway, better luck next time, Ozen vs Vidor... 

Edited by BMTSoulja1

I think everybodith what works . Fact is that Lebanon did not have a lot of time to get his passes off Friday night. Panthers were in his face all night long. When your running game is getting you 8-9 yards per carry then you stick with it. That is what we did on last drive. And you saw how that worked out. If we would have went with that strategy earlier The game would not have been that close. We would have had the clock on our side and would have kept our defense off the field so much. So we should do what works until someone shuts it down. I think if you look at district stats you will see some good numbers for Lebaron throwing the ball to multiple weapons . So not sure where Mayfield is coming from?

why do everybody keep thinking I'm talking about Lebaron game or stats. Lebaron is balling his butt off, I'm calling out some of the play calling decision. I think Lebaron has a weapon, let him unleash it to all those weapons he has not just one. Just like I said if Foreman get one dimensional they lose. Can't change my words, I know what  I am saying, rather you agree or not. That's why this is a opinion board. 

Mayfield, he wasn't saying you were calling out LeBaron,  he was confused by you saying we aren't distributing the ball to our multiple weapons.  Friday, LeBaron  hit three different receivers for TD passes, none of them named Krautz.  I think he spreads it around really well, look at the receiving stats.  Just my opinion and observation.