Richmond Foster 42 West Orange-Stark 14/Final

WOSgrad

You cannot forsee anything. You think you have a magic ball or something

Stop talking out of the side of your neck and actually follow recruiting. Foster has 6 D1 players and wins games at the line of scrimmage. WOS has one kid that's been given two stars I believe and I'm not even sure when the last time was they had a kid get recruited to play on the line of scrimmage. 

Nowhere else in the state would people think a good team with less than 600 kids could beat a good team with almost 2000. That doesn't tell how good the team with less than 600 is, it's an indictment on how bad your big schools are.

I'm sure there's people in Central Texas that think La Grange could play with Vandy. I'm sure some people in East Texas that think Gilmer could play with a school like SOC, and of course there's people in SETX that think WOS could play with the top 5A teams here. 

You don't have to have a crystal ball to know that's probably incorrect. Just do a little research. 

I got the point. It's the same in every post. Talent elsewhere is better than SETX, blah, blah, blah.

Because you're closer to Houston, you keep trying to align Crosby with Houston teams and other various current/former 5A teams that you've lost to over the years.

And until very recently you couldn't even beat the teams around here.

Everything you say about WO-S (or any other SETX school) is also true about Crosby. You produce a large amount of talent relative to your size, it doesn't translate beyond that. Crosby's success last year is also directly attributable to avoiding teams that were routinely beating you by 30 before.

And Crosby still lost big to a team that didn't even win the state championship. Probably gonna happen again this year.

But suddenly Crosby fans want to explain to everyone how football works. Lol.

lol-- problem is the horses don't know it

Yep, still doesn't change the fact that the horse with 5-2 odds is the favorite. You're still going to have suckers take the 6-1 underdog on a gut feeling though. Same with picking games and not being able to put aside the emotional attachment. 

I got the point. It's the same in every post. Talent elsewhere is better than SETX, blah, blah, blah.

Because you're closer to Houston, you keep trying to align Crosby with Houston teams and other various current/former 5A teams that you've lost to over the years.

Everything you say about WO-S (or any other SETX school) is also true about Crosby. You produce a large amount of talent relative to your size, it doesn't translate beyond that. Crosby's success last year is also directly attributable to avoiding teams that were routinely beating you by 30 before.

And Crosby still lost big to a team that didn't even win the state championship. Probably gonna happen again this year.

playoff success or pre-district success? If we talking playoff success the same thing could be said about Wos "avoiding" playing Navasota or Henderson or El Campo due to the split to even get to a state title game using that supreme logic. UIL cant tell you who to play in the playoffs week by week to help you "avoid" teams. Some of you guys got yall lil pride stuck so far up yall arses that yall starting to say things on here that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. 

playoff success or pre-district success? If we talking playoff success the same thing could be said about Wos "avoiding" playing Navasota or Henderson or El Campo due to the split to even get to a state title game using that supreme logic. UIL cant tell you who to play in the playoffs week by week to help you "avoid" teams. Some of you guys got yall lil pride stuck so far up yall arses that yall starting to say things on here that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. 

That point about not having to play certain teams due to the realignment was originally made by Crosby fan.

"WO-S is even more a beast because of talent produced by their size and not having to face Navasota, etc." or something like that. Which is true, I'm not disputing that.

I also understand the points about WO-S are just part of a larger argument to talk crap about the 5A schools in SETX.

I'm just saying the same is true about Crosby. Except they haven't really cashed in on that either.

Sounds like people are getting sensitive about Crosby. Which is strange for a school that's never won anything.

What team in the 5A D1 playoffs had ever beaten Crosby by 30? Crosby produces a good amount of talent but it's nowhere close to the top of the class like it is for WOS. 

It's not about trying to reinvent the wheel and tell you how football is played. I just think it's ok to make football points on a site that talks about football. 

The fallacies in football logic people have down here in SETX is the reason that nobody take this entire area seriously with the exception of WOS and Newton, who's really in East Texas. 

I agree with you on one thing though, with only a .004% chance of winning a 5A title it's very unlikely Crosby gets it done. 

I don't think he knows what he's talking about. The teams Crosby got blown out by are currently 6A, were beaten in the playoffs by Crosby or named Ennis.  

Nobody in the state got a bigger break than WOS at realignment. Crosby can get CP or RP in the D2 playoffs who probably have an actual enrollment of over 2k kids. WOS will never even have to play a school with 100 more kids than them in the playoffs anymore. 

The same thing he said about Crosby and the reason they went deep definitely applies to WOS and the split when you look at who they lost to in the playoffs the last ten years. 

I keep with reading this thread wondering about the motives of a couple of posters who seem intent on continuing a game update thread of a game that ended almost four days ago.

14.2, exactly why is there this need for you to weigh in, post game for that matter, on a game involving one team that you state Crosby will never face again, either in the playoffs (different UIL classes) or the regular season (because they are too small for Crosby to even bother with) in West Orange-Stark, and another team, Richmond Foster, that you will not see in the playoffs unless Barbers Hill, who currently sits at 0-3 with losses to teams to Crosby, Dayton and New Caney, makes the the playoffs and a team that even though you once listed as one of the "powers" in Greater Houston 5A Crosby has never bothered to schedule.  You repeatedly deny assertions that somehow WO-S' prowess concerns you.  However, you have exerted quite a bit of effort for quite a long time into attempting to speak negatively about the WO-S' size, their strength of schedule and that their path to the state championship game was eased by UIL division (I think the exact phrase that you used was that WO-S had the same number of wins as Crosby by facing inferior opponents).  For a team that you aver will never face Crosby, you are sure paying a whole heck of a lot of attention to them and wishing to pick their record apart at every turn.

Speaking of picking, another poster from another school seems to be popping up a whole lot even though his school, as well, has no connection to either of the schools involved in this contest.  However, I guess, Buddy, that if your school is giving only pakronos stuff to talk about, I'd be dancing on other school's graves as well.  You decide to stick your nose where it in an debate that you are not even involved in and you too want to come in and poke the proverbial bear, only when faced with a terse response to go crying "Oh, WO-S has the most sensitive fans in Southeast Texas."  Quite frankly, I have been approached by several posters, both in and outside of Orange, who hope that the message underneath your avatar actually happens VERY soon.

Tell y'all what!  Y'all can go ahead and continue to say whatever you want about this game, WO-S' size, breaks as far as the UIL divisions, not playing certain teams and whatnot.  The Foster game, as it would have in victory, ended on Saturday night.  The truth is, we got our rear ends handed to us by a better team.  Although those instances have been remarkably rare, a look at WO-S' history will reveal that it has happened before, and probably will happen again.  The focus of Mustang Nation is now on Newton, a team that has always played WO-S  close and last year showed that they are definitely capable of giving WO-S a loss.

My best to the Cougars, who are led by a great coach and a great guy, as well as the Titans, who are led by an equally great coach and great guy who gets more criticism and less praise than he ultimately deserves.

I keep with reading this thread wondering about the motives of a couple of posters who seem intent on continuing a game update thread of a game that ended almost four days ago.

14.2, exactly why is there this need for you to weigh in, post game for that matter, on a game involving one team that you state Crosby will never face again, either in the playoffs (different UIL classes) or the regular season (because they are too small for Crosby to even bother with) in West Orange-Stark, and another team, Richmond Foster, that you will not see in the playoffs unless Barbers Hill, who currently sits at 0-3 with losses to teams to Crosby, Dayton and New Caney, makes the the playoffs and a team that even though you once listed as one of the "powers" in Greater Houston 5A Crosby has never bothered to schedule.  You repeatedly deny assertions that somehow WO-S' prowess concerns you.  However, you have exerted quite a bit of effort for quite a long time into attempting to speak negatively about the WO-S' size, their strength of schedule and that their path to the state championship game was eased by UIL division (I think the exact phrase that you used was that WO-S had the same number of wins as Crosby by facing inferior opponents).  For a team that you aver will never face Crosby, you are sure paying a whole heck of a lot of attention to them and wishing to pick their record apart at every turn.

Speaking of picking, another poster from another school seems to be popping up a whole lot even though his school, as well, has no connection to either of the schools involved in this contest.  However, I guess, Buddy, that if your school is giving only pakronos stuff to talk about, I'd be dancing on other school's graves as well.  You decide to stick your nose where it in an debate that you are not even involved in and you too want to come in and poke the proverbial bear, only when faced with a terse response to go crying "Oh, WO-S has the most sensitive fans in Southeast Texas."  Quite frankly, I have been approached by several posters, both in and outside of Orange, who hope that the message underneath your avatar actually happens VERY soon.

Tell y'all what!  Y'all can go ahead and continue to say whatever you want about this game, WO-S' size, breaks as far as the UIL divisions, not playing certain teams and whatnot.  The Foster game, as it would have in victory, ended on Saturday night.  The truth is, we got our rear ends handed to us by a better team.  Although those instances have been remarkably rare, a look at WO-S' history will reveal that it has happened before, and probably will happen again.  The focus of Mustang Nation is now on Newton, a team that has always played WO-S  close and last year showed that they are definitely capable of giving WO-S a loss.

My best to the Cougars, who are led by a great coach and a great guy, as well as the Titans, who are led by an equally great coach and great guy who gets more criticism and less praise than he ultimately deserves.

…..and will continue to pop up long as this sports site is up. If someone doesn't like it then nobody is holding a gun to their head to come on here. I watch a hell of alot football outside of this little area (meaning the whole damn state of Texas to include others) and will continue to give input no matter where my living arrangements are but you know that already so I know a nerve has been struck, great, *slow claps* 

Oh btw: you can tell those several posters to show up to Wednesday night show and tell me that face to face, see you tomorrow night, I might have a whole lot more to say on air about this game. ;)

Oh yeah, all of those "whoas" and "wows" which make up 80% of your posts here show some real freakin' insight.  But in answer to your charge, no nerve was struck, just another painful truth exposed, which ironically has appeared to nick one of yours.

i gave insight on this particular game that wasn't well received, let me give you a little more insight: come playoff time if someone in Region 3 has size and just as much speed as your beloved Ponies you can cancel that trip to NRG. 

i gave insight on this particular game that wasn't well received, let me give you a little more insight: come playoff time if someone in Region 3 has size and just as much speed as your beloved Ponies you can cancel that trip to NRG. 

Yep, your nerve has been struck.

Edited by WOSgrad

Just quadrupled the amount of listeners for the show and filled the seats at Hamburger Depot...You Guys are good..lol

i love ratings, now if midcounty actually filled seats instead of 1 pa guy, 1 orange but Baytown guy, 1 silsbee guy, 1 vidor guy and 1 dayton guy……… hmmmm