Orangefield @ Newton!!!!

GATA!

Sorry, but I disagree.  There is plenty of upside to playing folks that come off of a state championship run, no matter their classification.  I know that Coach DuBois recognizes that.  BC is much better prepared for the rigors of their district schedule as a result of having a Newton on their schedule, as is WO-S.

You're right... I should have been more specific.  From a  "civic pride/why do we bother to play this game" standpoint, it's a waste.  It's absolutely a good tune-up and a matchup I look forward to watching year in and year out.  It's possible to have tons of respect for the team and the program's successes but absolutely detest their fans. 

Edited by CardinalBacker
spelling

You're right... I should have been more specific.  From a  "civic pride/why do we bother to play this game" standpoint, it's a waste.  It's absolutely a good tune-up and a matchup I look forward to watching year in and year out.  It's possible to have tons of respect for the team and the program's successes but absolutely detest their fans. 

Not all of us are like that,  i like that Newton plays the bigger schools, if you don't win so be it.   Bad calls,fumbles it's part of the game, good teams most of time can overcome that.

Bridge City did not win against Newton. Newton beat themselves with mistakes. I don't think Bridge City would want to play Newton again. Mistakes cost Newton against Henderson. If Newton gets those problems corrected they will make a good run in the playoffs. I can see why Bridge City is so proud to beat a div.3a -2 school like Newton. When you consistently  start beating the WO-S"s then you can start bragging.

The cheap shot about the pulpwood has put you on the black list with the Newton co. people. We now know what type of person you are.

Wait, hold up....I thought the refs cost you the BC game? You're starting to get your excuses mixed up hoss. Lmao

And...... that's what I'm talking about.  Typical Newton fan.  They are on the boards posting about how nobody in the area can hang with them and how they're going to put 40 points on whoever they are playing this week.  When they do actually get beat, here come the excuses. 

There's no upside to playing Newton.  They're a tiny school whose stands can't hold the visitor's fans, and Newton fans don't travel well at all.  If you win, well.... "you only beat a smaller school because of...... (excuse of the day)"  If you lose, well,  "you got beat by lil' ol' Newton." 

The facts are these.  Newton consistently fields a good team.  They perform much better than similarly sized schools.  Newton fans can't accept the fact that they can't consistently beat the larger schools in the area.  There's no shame in that.  And Newton got beat in Bridge City this year, just like Bridge City got beat by Newton how ever many times before this game.  Newton fan just can't seem to admit that.   

Nobody likes to lose.  I don't want to be good at losing.  But Newton fan needs to learn to be gracious in defeat. 

Lastly, there are more important things in life than high school football.  Here's a little secret, Newton fan.... there are more important things in high school than football.  And while my name may be on the "black list," I'm certain it's not spelled correctly. 

Not typical fan, I will never put up any excuses. If you lost you lost whether it be because you played bad or was just outmanned and I will say again congratulations BC good game and hope to see you next year.

Actually, come May ours kids will be graduating and leaving for college while all of Newton's kids will be preparing for a promising future in the pulpwood industry.  

In fact, I have it on good record that the reason Newton lost to BC is because somebody said that Bridge City would be a good test for Newton this fall, but all the Newton players heard was the word "TEST" and gave up

Go polish those 2A trophies, Eagle fan.

Man this is the most arrogant and ignorant post I have ever read on this site -- you are one classless individual

I hope this will be a good game.  I think Newton wins in any case.  

And Newton fans, don't let a couple of posters fool you.  Most of us in SETX have great respect for your team, coaches, kids, and fans.  And no one likes BC outside of BC.  They've always been legends in their own minds ;)

I like it when trash talking becomes a bit out of hand. "Far- flung tiny schools" like Bridge City, Orangefield, Kirbyville and the list could go on and on. And "can't hang with the bigger schools" is great, too. I guess we'll just dig a hole and throw all those state champion trophies in it, so CardinalBacker will be happy. Gee, I really am embarrassed we have those and the semi-finalist and regional and area and bi-district and district crowns. Anyone got a backhoe we can borrow to dig a hole big enough for all these trophies to bury them? Got to make sure champions like CardinalBacker don't steal them and change the name on them.

I know the Eagles are a good team with great coaches who believe in our team and some people cant understand the love we have for our school and football team

I did not. But I got here as fast as I could. 

I've thought that we had LCM covered in our upcoming game, but after tonight I'm not so sure. I've got a feeling that the LCM-BC game is going to be a classic this year. It's probably the game we've anticipated the most 

It's going to be a good game. Our defense isn't  really that good right now. Hopefully that changes. If y'all can contain Silsbee QB they are beatable team and control the clock. But if you have to give the ball back to them without scoring on every drive that no huddle spread really comes back to bite  you. That's what I hate about the Slot-T. Good luck

It's going to be a good game. Our defense isn't  really that good right now. Hopefully that changes. If y'all can contain Silsbee QB they are beatable team and control the clock. But if you have to give the ball back to them without scoring on every drive that no huddle spread really comes back to bite  you. That's what I hate about the Slot-T. Good luck

I'd be lying if I said I'm not worried. We gave up a combined 34 points to Newton and Kirbyville. We gave up 35 to Cleveland tonight. I thought our rushing attack and stingy defense might be exactly what we need to beat Silsbee, but we can't win a track meet with them. Oh well, Jasper is up next.... It's a long time until we face the Tigers.  

I'd be lying if I said I'm not worried. We gave up a combined 34 points to Newton and Kirbyville. We gave up 35 to Cleveland tonight. I thought our rushing attack and stingy defense might be exactly what we need to beat Silsbee, but we can't win a track meet with them. Oh well, Jasper is up next.... It's a long time until we face the Tigers.  

Was Cleveland any good? i really thought y'all would put some points on them and hold them for less. Did they slow the Slot T offense down any? We have them at our house in two weeks. The two games I think we have in the bag would be Splendora and Cleveland hopefully the kids don't let one of those games get away from them. I think y'all beat Jasper.

Was Cleveland any good? i really thought y'all would put some points on them and hold them for less. Did they slow the Slot T offense down any? We have them at our house in two weeks. The two games I think we have in the bag would be Splendora and Cleveland hopefully the kids don't let one of those games get away from them. I think y'all beat Jasper.

Cleveland isn't good, BC must have taken the night off. 

to be honest they are not good. Kinda arrogant to say after a close game like that but our defense just too k the night off. Can't tell you why but our offense fumbled like 4 times but still got that score up there. So that should tell you about them. If we play like we did against Newton and Cleveland we will be looking great in the future.