Orangefield @ Newton!!!!

GATA!

Actually, come May ours kids will be graduating and leaving for college while all of Newton's kids will be preparing for a promising future in the pulpwood industry.  

In fact, I have it on good record that the reason Newton lost to BC is because somebody said that Bridge City would be a good test for Newton this fall, but all the Newton players heard was the word "TEST" and gave up

Go polish those 2A trophies, Eagle fan. 

Just talked to a few of the college kids yesterday they asked me if i wanted fries with that

I think I speak for all of the posters here who appreciate the fine tradition of winning, but Newton also has a fine tradition of WHINING, too.  Newton fan is all to quick to come here and post about how "the only teams that might beat us this year are WOS and Henderson" and how they're going to hang 40 points on everybody that they play.  They are also more than happy to post about how awesome their squad is when they do match up well with a bigger school and earn a win.  However, when Newton comes out on the bottom against a bigger school, HERE COME THE EXCUSES.  The fact of the matter is this.  You're a small school.  You beat most of the other small schools.  You even manage to beat one of your bigger neighbors from time to time.  But in the end, your still just a small school with a bunch of consolation prizes earned in the postseason against opponent who, like Newton, are inferior to their bigger counterparts.  That's why the widdle skools get to play before the big boys do.  

Uh, you don't speak for me. Nothing but respect for Newton and their football program.

Actually, come May ours kids will be graduating and leaving for college while all of Newton's kids will be preparing for a promising future in the pulpwood industry.  

In fact, I have it on good record that the reason Newton lost to BC is because somebody said that Bridge City would be a good test for Newton this fall, but all the Newton players heard was the word "TEST" and gave up

Go polish those 2A trophies, Eagle fan

All the Cards will be polishing is basketballs come playoff time. Oh and I am not a Eagle fan and I sure is heck am not a Dead Bird fan.

Admin Note:  Watch the language, Pepper.

CardinalBacker don't knock the pulpwood. That's a weak minded response and your IQ seems to be in the lower quarters. Newton has turned out many Doc , Lawyers, engineers , etc along with having a great football program. Also Newton has some psychological graduates that you might need to visit.

Edited by Cactus

Come on man, we are trash talking but don't down the kids.not cool

Most of our kids go to college to and we send 1 or 2 a year to Arkansas, Texas, Texas A&M, and of course many go to Mcneese to play football. 

Idk if you ever heard of McNeese West but it's what McNeese calls Newton.  I can understand you ignorance since you obviously don't even know the pulp wood industry has long left these parts . We natural gas and oil men now . (Go insult some more kids intelligence shows your bridge city class we all know bridge city has )

Edited by Back2swag

This team remembers last year's game with Orangefield. That being said, Newton is healthy and will be ready. Playing at home is always a plus. I don't think Newton will be concentrating on anything but the Bobcats come Friday night. And surely could care less about school size, trophies, colleges or much else than whipping the Orangefield Bobcats. I'll be there in supporting my Eagles.

I understand. Good luck in trouncing those other small schools. Just be happy that your route through the playoffs goes through a bunch of tiny schools, and learn to live with the fact that you can't hang with the bigger schools in your own back yard. Face it. Everybody knows that Newton has a great record against far-flung tiny schools, but in reality y'all are just playing in the JV league come playoff time  when compared with the rest of southeast football. If you like to crow about the wins, then be ready to accept the losses. 

You need to look back and see you handed y'all Hats (there is another word but I don't want to get banned) to you in previous years.

Most of our kids go to college to and we send 1 or 2 a year to Arkansas, Texas, Texas A&M, and of course many go to Mcneese to play football. 

Idk if you ever heard of McNeese West but it's what McNeese calls Newton.  I can understand you ignorance since you obviously don't even know the pulp wood industry has long left these parts . We natural gas and oil men now . (Go insult some more kids intelligence shows your bridge city class we all know bridge city has )

I believe it was KOGT that had a great article about this a while back. Not sure if you saw it......or was it the orange Leader...

Bridge City did not win against Newton. Newton beat themselves with mistakes. I don't think Bridge City would want to play Newton again. Mistakes cost Newton against Henderson. If Newton gets those problems corrected they will make a good run in the playoffs. I can see why Bridge City is so proud to beat a div.3a -2 school like Newton. When you consistently  start beating the WO-S"s then you can start bragging.

The cheap shot about the pulpwood has put you on the black list with the Newton co. people. We now know what type of person you are.

Orangefield is too good of a team to be looked past.  Their quarterback has gotten a year wiser in an offense that gives folks problems and those backs and linemen are as tough as ever.  If Newton gets caught looking back, as well as looking ahead, then the result of last year will be repeated.

Bridge City did not win against Newton. Newton beat themselves with mistakes. I don't think Bridge City would want to play Newton again. Mistakes cost Newton against Henderson. If Newton gets those problems corrected they will make a good run in the playoffs. I can see why Bridge City is so proud to beat a div.3a -2 school like Newton. When you consistently  start beating the WO-S"s then you can start bragging.

The cheap shot about the pulpwood has put you on the black list with the Newton co. people. We now know what type of person you are.

And...... that's what I'm talking about.  Typical Newton fan.  They are on the boards posting about how nobody in the area can hang with them and how they're going to put 40 points on whoever they are playing this week.  When they do actually get beat, here come the excuses. 

There's no upside to playing Newton.  They're a tiny school whose stands can't hold the visitor's fans, and Newton fans don't travel well at all.  If you win, well.... "you only beat a smaller school because of...... (excuse of the day)"  If you lose, well,  "you got beat by lil' ol' Newton." 

The facts are these.  Newton consistently fields a good team.  They perform much better than similarly sized schools.  Newton fans can't accept the fact that they can't consistently beat the larger schools in the area.  There's no shame in that.  And Newton got beat in Bridge City this year, just like Bridge City got beat by Newton how ever many times before this game.  Newton fan just can't seem to admit that.   

Nobody likes to lose.  I don't want to be good at losing.  But Newton fan needs to learn to be gracious in defeat. 

Lastly, there are more important things in life than high school football.  Here's a little secret, Newton fan.... there are more important things in high school than football.  And while my name may be on the "black list," I'm certain it's not spelled correctly. 

And...... that's what I'm talking about.  Typical Newton fan.  They on the boards posting about how nobody in the area can hang with them and how they're going to put 40 points on whoever they are playing this week.  When they do actually get beat, here come the excuses. 

There's no upside to playing Newton.  They're a tiny school whose stands can't hold the visitor's fans, and Newton fans don't travel well at all.  If you win, well.... "you only beat a smaller school because of...... (excuse of the day)"  If you lose, well,  "you got beat by lil' ol' Newton." 

The facts are these.  Newton consistently fields a good team.  They perform much better than similarly sized schools.  Newton fans can't accept the fact that they can't consistently beat the larger schools in the area.  There's no shame in that.  And Newton got beat in Bridge City this year, just like Bridge City got beat by Newton how ever many times before this game.  Newton fan just can't seem to admit that.   

Nobody likes to lose.  I don't want to be good at losing.  But Newton fan needs to learn to be gracious in defeat. 

Lastly, there are more important things in life than high school football.  Here's a little secret, Newton fan.... there are more important things in high school than football.  And while my name may be on the "black list," I'm certain it's not spelled correctly. 

Sorry, but I disagree.  There is plenty of upside to playing folks that come off of a state championship run, no matter their classification.  I know that Coach DuBois recognizes that.  BC is much better prepared for the rigors of their district schedule as a result of having a Newton on their schedule, as is Tatum, Henderson, Orangefield and WO-S.

Edited by WOSgrad