22-5A predictions

Indianforever

Sam to you my brother same to you. I agree you will be wrong as well. Im only saying what is inevitably going to be true. If you knew so much about sports you would not be on here you would be a millionaire. So would I.

The two guys I know that have the best sports knowledge I've ever run across aren't millionaires either. They're bookies. 

This post will be a prime example of why I catch flack. As of today I think Nederland wins the district. My thoughts are simple. Krautz is the best player in the district. And the D plays with toughness and speed. Fix a few things and I think Neauman pulls another one out.. I'm not into buying hype. Until BF gets better at scheme and adjustments it will be hard for us to win the DC. It pains me but if you look at the bottom line. Things are the same as they have been the last few years. I'm a WOS backer, but not being rude, that was not one of the top WOS teams I have seen... JD is a stud, and I think it only takes one stud to out scheme us.. Hence the Krautz comment. Ozen will be a test for all of us. All this being said, these are my opinions and could change after more games. But you can read my posts in the WOS thread and as I stated history often repeats itself. It will take a perfect effort for us to beat Nederland IMO. Coaching especially. This week will once again show us nothing. As a athletic director I would rather get ready for district with a Crosby, Dayton combo, vs Clear Lake and these guys. But I ask the same question.. Are we worried about stats??? Or wins??? Or district championships??? If you want to decorate your website with District runner ups... So be it.. That just doesn't fly well with me... Last thought. I think the other sites new look is great. But I also think if your going to patsy it up with district runner ups... For one go back to 1982 ish and do it right. But once again, in my eyes, second place trophies are not good enough for me to put in black and white. But maybe it is for some... We are not the University of Texas.... But I do know a airplane pilot... Peace.... Love.... Indians.....

This post will be a prime example of why I catch flack. As of today I think Nederland wins the district. My thoughts are simple. Krautz is the best player in the district. And the D plays with toughness and speed. Fix a few things and I think Neauman pulls another one out.. I'm not into buying hype. Until BF gets better at scheme and adjustments it will be hard for us to win the DC. It pains me but if you look at the bottom line. Things are the same as they have been the last few years. I'm a WOS backer, but not being rude, that was not one of the top WOS teams I have seen... JD is a stud, and I think it only takes one stud to out scheme us.. Hence the Krautz comment. Ozen will be a test for all of us. All this being said, these are my opinions and could change after more games. But you can read my posts in the WOS thread and as I stated history often repeats itself. It will take a perfect effort for us to beat Nederland IMO. Coaching especially. This week will once again show us nothing. As a athletic director I would rather get ready for district with a Crosby, Dayton combo, vs Clear Lake and these guys. But I ask the same question.. Are we worried about stats??? Or wins??? Or district championships??? If you want to decorate your website with District runner ups... So be it.. That just doesn't fly well with me... Last thought. I think the other sites new look is great. But I also think if your going to patsy it up with district runner ups... For one go back to 1982 ish and do it right. But once again, in my eyes, second place trophies are not good enough for me to put in black and white. But maybe it is for some... We are not the University of Texas.... But I do know a airplane pilot... Peace.... Love.... Indians.....

Agreed!!! Until our coaches start coaching and practicing toughness, we'll finish 4th or out of the playoffs!! I know this is a different time, but I remember hitting the day before a game!!

Neumann has kept basically the same staff for his entire tenure. I believe DeRouen and Barrow are his only O coordinators, and Spell his only D coordinator.  Cohesivness and consistency are vital in building a COMPLETE program. Faircloth is a great qb coach and a good offensive mind. However, he has in his 6 or so year tenure had an almost 100% turnover in asst coaches. A few have left for greener pastures, and some have just left. Make of this what you will but, Im of the opinion that it hasnt necessarily been to his benefit. I see a battle for the DC this year, with no clear cut frontrunner.  Im just glad we have the ace in the hole..............Neumann....... Go ahead, call me a homer!!!!!!!!

Neumann has kept basically the same staff for his entire tenure. I believe DeRouen and Barrow are his only O coordinators, and Spell his only D coordinator.  Cohesivness and consistency are vital in building a COMPLETE program. Faircloth is a great qb coach and a good offensive mind. However, he has in his 6 or so year tenure had an almost 100% turnover in asst coaches. A few have left for greener pastures, and some have just left. Make of this what you will but, Im of the opinion that it hasnt necessarily been to his benefit. I see a battle for the DC this year, with no clear cut frontrunner.  Im just glad we have the ace in the hole..............Neumann....... Go ahead, call me a homer!!!!!!!!

Homer

That's quite alright, your predictions are usually wrong.

Just read Pick Results and PrepBF is tied for second, so his predicting is pretty good.  Only mistake I can pinpoint recently is he didn't pick Vidor to win Dist    (Joke)

I on the other hand couldn't pick the winner in the 2014 Super Bowl lol

Edited by REBgp

IMO the 22-5A race for playoffs appears like it could be a photo finish.  Other than Lee (and who knows), you can make an argument for all the rest.  Ned & PNG always.  Ozen, Ltown & GCM off to great starts.  Vidor, flashes of good football against some good opponents, and don't count out the Jags - may be 0-3, but all def against 6A.  Not often you see this many contenders. 

Even though I follow Evadale now, I can't wait for 22-5A Dist play to start. It ought to be a great season!

Edited by REBgp
Old fat fingers

2015 OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL FINAL RESULTS FOR DIST 22-5A

.1.. PNG (5-2) DIST CHAMP BY WAY OF HEAD TO HEAD VS NED

2 .NED (5-2) PLYFFS

3. CENTRAL(4-3) PLYFFS  CEN ADVANCES WITH LARGER MARGIN OF VICTORY AGAINST COMMMON OPP

4. GCM (4-3) PLYFFS GCM ADVANCES WITH WIN OVER OZEN IN FINAL GAME OF SEASON

5.  OZEN(4-3)

6. VIDOR (3-4)

7. LEE (2-5) *BEAT VIDOR & LUMBERTON

8. LUMBERTON (0-7)

2015 OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL FINAL RESULTS FOR DIST 22-5A

.1.. PNG (5-2) DIST CHAMP BY WAY OF HEAD TO HEAD VS NED

2 .NED (5-2) PLYFFS

3. CENTRAL(4-3) PLYFFS  CEN ADVANCES WITH LARGER MARGIN OF VICTORY AGAINST COMMMON OPP

4. GCM (4-3) PLYFFS GCM ADVANCES WITH WIN OVER OZEN IN FINAL GAME OF SEASON

5.  OZEN(4-3)

6. VIDOR (3-4)

7. LEE (2-5) *BEAT VIDOR & LUMBERTON

8. LUMBERTON (0-7)

HA HA

No way in the world Lee beats Vidor, and probably won't beat the L-Train.

Vidor will make the playoffs as the #3 team.

Central and Ozen winner gets in. Loser moves on to Thump, Thump early.

Ned wins the district again and PNG finishes 2nd. 

Edited by PlayActionPass

Everybody east of the Trinity is sleeping on GCM. A little more tweaking of the offense and they're going to be dangerous. And Lee could very easily be 2 and 1 right now. Maybe even 3 and 0. They just need to learn to play a full four quarters. But don't worry about us, we're really not that good over here in Baytown. We're just getting ready for baseball and soccer. :) (whistling)

HA HA

its satire my friend, blending some professional projections from myself and a little homer Baytown love shown to lee and of course I'm gonna have my GCM pats making it, and then theres the close my eyes throw it in the dark and see if it hits part of it too.  My title should have given u a little indication there was pun intended.....

HA HA

food for thought: in the past 20 yrs 1995-present Lumberton has 4 seasons in which they finished with a winning record, and Vidor has 6 winning seasons. Its more of a laugher to include either in ANY playoff talk, than to totally dismiss, or in your case HA HA my projections.  History has a way of repeating itself, and in both Vidor and Lumbertons past 20 yrs of football, there remains only 1 constant, they both are a perennial loser, this is fact driven, non biased, you can put it on the BOOOAARRRRD YES truths. and over the next 8 or so weeks it will all play out between the lines, and you may end up being correct, just like a guy who buys quick pick numbers for the lotto every day for 20 yrs, the odds are always against anything good happening, and when it finally does, well, it was pure luck, and then the inevitable vicious cycle resumes its course. HA HA HA

Well said and all valid points.

Lee, however, has been the true bottom dweller in recent history. Lumberton is still at or near the bottom and their only district win will probably be against Lee, unless somebody just flat gives up on the season. Vidor has been solid and consistent under Matthews and has a solid group this yeat.

But, I understand your bias and grasp of local history.  

Gotta love how he conviently leaves out the fact that 3 of those winning seasons has happened in the last 4 years and 4 of those winning seasons has happened in the last 6 years. That along with 3 playoff appearances and one year marching to the 3rd round!

Can someone please tell me when was the last time Lee went 3 rounds deep???

Gotta love how he conviently leaves out the fact that 3 of those winning seasons has happened in the last 4 years and 4 of those winning seasons has happened in the last 6 years. That along with 3 playoff appearances and one year marching to the 3rd round!

Can someone please tell me when was the last time Lee went 3 rounds deep???

when Olin was there I believe. Early 2000s??

Well said and all valid points.

Lee, however, has been the true bottom dweller in recent history. Lumberton is still at or near the bottom and their only district win will probably be against Lee, unless somebody just flat gives up on the season. Vidor has been solid and consistent under Matthews and has a solid group this yeat.

But, I understand your bias and grasp of local history.

When you put solid and consistent in a sentence referencing Vidor and don't use other synonyms that mean "sub-par" then it's probably not true. Mathews is 74-88 at Vidor and if you take the last 5 years that they've been on the rise like MTC says they're 27-27. Vidor does consistently play with heart though.