Central's New Transfer

ozensfinest

So your telling me if Ozen would have a basketball program like Livingston or Vidor, you would of still transferred your boys there? 

What is so special about Ozen and basketball? Ozen is a football school. As I have said before, I have an older daughter who attended Ozen in mid 2000's as well. She did not want to go to HF. 

We all know his boys went to Ozen for athletic purposes, but they played JV there first year just like the 7'3" kid  is going to do. 

We shall see.  A little different situation.  This kid's parents don't live in a neighboring school district.  A little longer commute to Beaumont from Nigeria than Hampshire or Fannett or Cheek.  I assume the DC will rule against him but, if so, we will see what the folks in Austin have to say.  

Good question.  Could have been a couple of scenarios.  If they went to Ozen for a year and played underlevels then they established residency at Ozen and were good for varsity after one year.  Another scenario is they used a false address in Beaumont if they played varsity right away.  A final scenario is that they applied for a waiver through the UIL and it was granted (which is unlikely considering UIL hardly ever approves those waivers). 

Good info, Lazeek...

I understand the situation is strange and unfortunate for the kids from Nigeria but i would feel the same way if they just recently got a guardian that leaved in Nederland and just started living with them 2 months ago. Rules are rules and fair is fair....

Rules are rules.  Which is why they have a hardship exception.  Say you were in a foreign country trying to better your life, the school you attended shut down, and another family took you in and you enrolled in the school for which you were zoned.  Again, if the DC does not grant an exception based on the situation (and an inordinate amount of whining), that will not be the last say in the matter.  We will have to wait and see how it unfolds...

Rules are rules.  Which is why they have a hardship exception.  Say you were in a foreign country trying to better your life, the school you attended shut down, and another family took you in and you enrolled in the school for which you were zoned.  Again, if the DC does not grant an exception based on the situation (and an inordinate amount of whining), that will not be the last say in the matter.  We will have to wait and see how it unfolds...

How do we even know the school shutdown in Atlanta? This again is hear say. It shows that Chris attended JetSet Language School in Atlanta. I did a Google search and i didn't see anything about it being closed. (I could be wrong or missed something) If the school closed down it's unfortunate and I'm glad they have a good home and school in bmt but if school is indeed still open, then that opens a whole new can of worms. Not sure how deep the UIL digs but I'm sure they will do the right thing. 

How do we even know the school shutdown in Atlanta? This again is hear say. It shows that Chris attended JetSet Language School in Atlanta. I did a Google search and i didn't see anything about it being closed. (I could be wrong or missed something) If the school closed down it's unfortunate and I'm glad they have a good home and school in bmt but if school is indeed still open, then that opens a whole new can of worms. Not sure how deep the UIL digs but I'm sure they will do the right thing. 

I know the school he went to in Atlanta and that it shut down last year.  That's how I know.  The DC and UIL know/will know as well.