Black&Gold Rivalry Predictions Thread

I WISH we had a great defense. If you saw the 2nd half against Dayton you would not say it's even remotely close to the best in the district.

Gotta agree, and thats without seeing the rest of the district. Im a believer that our D coordinator schemes other teams better then most but, IMO the jimmys and joes arent available this year.We can run the football and score......Thats our best Defense. Im ready for the Black & Gold bowl, always a great atmosphere and a great game!!!!!!

Just looked up def of rival and based on what I read, any durn game cud be called a rivalry.  But IMO, a rivalry is exemplified by PNG/NED.  Either would feel a certain amt of satisfaction for the season by beating the other.

Since Ned has been beating Vidor since The Alamo, to Vidorians, Ned is a rivalry.  To Ned, just another ho-hum win.  Guess best name for it is a half a$$ rivalry.  Here's the weird thing, no matter what Ned has done bad prior to this game, playing Vidor, they will not fumble, throw an Int, miss an assignment, or commit many infractions (dadgum it)!

Unfortunately, Vidor has gotten Nederland to open district for several seasons... and after the Dogs bye week.  That is a tough recipe for Vidor to overcome.  They get to spend extra time preparing for that Vidor offense which most rarely see.  I do expect Matthews to have several wrinkles for this one, and throw it quite a bit more than normal to soften up the run defense.

Alright this is enough lol. To rob this may be a rivalry game because he works with Nederland guys or whatever but to us it's not a rivalry game. Just another game on the schedule. Yes we do get hyped up for it because it's the first game in district most years and Ned has been good and been the measuring stick for our district lately so we always give it our best but it is not a rivalry game. Anyways yes it has bee since 2010 that we have beaten Ned mark my words, this game will come down to the wire as it always does and yall might be surprised by the outcome. And that's all I'm gonna say about it lol.