Black&Gold Rivalry Predictions Thread

Wasn't commenting on the post concerning family. Was commenting on the post about who was practicing QB and who wasn't.  Tavian Mayfield is a helluva athlete that is playing where the TEAM needs him. The Bulldogs have a very capable QB in Lebaron and they need Tavian in the defensive backfield as well as receiver. Thus my comment stating that Neuman plays kids where they best benefit the team!

You need to understand JMK, that Mayfield has said several times, he agrees with the starting QB and that Lebaron is the right man for the job... In Lebaron we Trust.  His problem is at the backup QB position... which I have never heard of... a backup QB controversy... but hey, I try not to be surprised by what concerns people in our current day and age.  This is not an argument that you are going to win, no matter how logical.  We have a backup QB controversy in Nederland, no matter how many people don't see it.  I pray everything turns out ok with the family emergency.  Neumann will be the first to tell you that your family comes first.

You need to understand JMK, that Mayfield has said several times, he agrees with the starting QB and that Lebaron is the right man for the job... In Lebaron we Trust.  His problem is at the backup QB position... which I have never heard of... a backup QB controversy... but hey, I try not to be surprised by what concerns people in our current day and age.  This is not an argument that you are going to win, no matter how logical.  We have a backup QB controversy in Nederland, no matter how many people don't see it.  I pray everything turns out ok with the family emergency.  Neumann will be the first to tell you that your family comes first.

I can explain for self even tho its hard for one to see, when its all they know. My problem is that Tavian my son, isn't or hasn't been given a chance to play that position, or compete for even backup. See this world gets rubbed the wrong way, by what people say so easily. So you said team comes first, he played safety last year and receiver. So he gave up what he always played for team, then head of teams say you can't try out for qb unless a trick play. Now who can tell me why? I can wait-I can answer and  No Tavian will not be playing Friday night if one must know.

Edited by MAYFIELD

Well if there is some drama going on hopefully Neumann can get things ironed out with the team.  I don't sweat over those things because they have always worked out.  Get Focused DOGS for this Friday's battle.  Fans will be there in full force cheering for you guys.  Bulldogs all the way LET'S GO!!!

I can explain for self even tho its hard for one to see, when its all they know. My problem is that Tavian my son, isn't or hasn't been given a chance to play that position, or compete for even backup. See this world gets rubbed the wrong way, by what people say so easily. So you said team comes first, he played safety last year and receiver. So he gave up what he always played for team, then head of teams say you can't try out for qb unless a trick play. Now who can tell me why? I can wait-I can answer and  No Tavian will not be playing Friday night if one must know.

So let me get this straight, you are upset because your son isn't playing backup QB rather than starting at another position?

I don't coach, but will take a wild, wild guess here.  If Tavian is already starting at Safety and WR, there is a lot of preparation that goes into each position every week.  Incorporating scouting reports into weekly preparations, team specific game plans, adjustments and calls to be used that week... to the casual fan it looks like kids just run out there and play, but there is a lot of detail and preparation that goes into being ready to execute.  It would not be fair to any involved to shortchange that preparation for a chance to compete for the backup qb spot, that makes absolutely, positively no sense whatsoever.  Now, come on here and say Tavian should be the starting QB, and at least we're talking about an issue that could have merit, but the is a complete non-issue.

Ok, at least we are now talking about something that remotely makes sense.  

Last year team was Qb heavy, understand so Tavian learned how to play safety and wr. Now to say he doesnt put team first, and he played position he never played. Then to prepare himself with Mitch Lebaron all summer, to not be given a chance. And the sad thing is his coaches know he got it, but can't let him do it because what God made him. This has nothing to do with Mitch love him, and told him I was proud of what they did this summer to prepare. I lived in Nederland 21 years now, so I know of what I see, hear, and know. Thought times would change, but more it stays the same. Mr. Johnson should have listen to you. Sorry that my son loves his teammates the way he do, but my will won't let him be used for not.

Last year team was Qb heavy, understand so Tavian learned how to play safety and wr. Now to say he doesnt put team first, and he played position he never played. Then to prepare himself with Mitch Lebaron all summer, to not be given a chance. And the sad thing is his coaches know he got it, but can't let him do it because what God made him. This has nothing to do with Mitch love him, and told him I was proud of what they did this summer to prepare. I lived in Nederland 21 years now, so I know of what I see, hear, and know. Thought times would change, but more it stays the same. Mr. Johnson should have listen to you. Sorry that my son loves his teammates the way he do, but my will won't let him be used for not.

I really hope that you aren't on here saying that Tavian isn't getting the chance because he is black. He is a fantastic athlete no matter what position he plays and he starts every game. I understand you are upset but that's a little much.

You would be surprised when it comes to social media. And godawggo you think a big much. You believe what you want  all I said is God made him that way. Quick to defend but blind to see are many. Thank you Mr. William you called it.

I did not say that is what you were inferring, I just simply stated that I hope that wasn't the case.   So please by all means clarify what you meant.

Howabout we name it The Black and Gold Bowl?   Would have ESPN clambering to televise and a plethora of Corporate Sponsors wanting a piece of the pie.  Big trophy with a Chem Plant on one side & a dude throwing V's on the other. 

Just thinking outside the box. 

lmao!!!!  Im for this!