Humble Summer Creek 28 Beaumont Central 12/Final

WOSgrad

Lol, I'm just wondering how a fan of a 0-3 team can critique how a team that's won 21 of their last 23 regular season games prepares? According to Soulja playing in tough scrimmages gets you ready? Just wondering when we're going to see the benefits of there's scrimmages? 

welp….. 

Lol, I'm just wondering how a fan of a 0-3 team can critique how a team that's won 21 of their last 23 regular season games prepares? According to Soulja playing in tough scrimmages gets you ready? Just wondering when we're going to see the benefits of there's scrimmages? 

Well like you're saying 21-23, I can't say much we need one win --lol , but from what I read on here and the polls you must have something over there, that's good, Good luck

how would they beat us in the playoffs?  Were 6A not 5A, you reaching for imaginary straws like that old man who sits behind Soulja at Jag games. 

smh -- man I'm just finding something to do before bedtime I know they can't play, but I got to come up with something with you man --  shi you're rolling with them GREEK GODS -- that's hard typing against --lol   

...or Ozen not only falling short but making it to the drum only to get easily dismantled by Lancaster.  Key word easily...  But that's another topic, different forum.....

Man i seriously thought Central would be on fire this year and easily motivated because of their becoming spectators at the state game. My bad Soulja, i guess that topic still hurts?

Most seniors want to play and be prolific in everything...  Football, baseball, .... Gymnastics....

Don't have a problem with the older one except he doesn't realize there's no scholarships in gymnastics and that being a hurdler in track and a catcher in baseball doesn't fair well for the knees so he has to rest his body. My junior is the one who has to play more physical on Friday nights so he won't risk injury trying not to be. Give or receive punishment is football.

Edited by JRidge

Man i seriously thought Central would be on fire this year and easily motivated because of their becoming spectators at the state game. My bad Soulja, i guess that topic still hurts?

Not really.  I actually was rooting Ozen on.  But they were clearly outclassed in that title game.... Only 2 players wanted to Play...  Sneed and Comeaux....

Don't have a problem with the older one except he doesn't realize there's no scholarships in gymnastics and that being a hurdler in track and a catcher in baseball doesn't fair well for the knees so he has to rest his body. My junior is the one who has to play more physical on Friday nights to risk injury. Give or receive punishment is football.

Looked like they both balled out Saturday evening....

Don't have a problem with the older one except he doesn't realize there's no scholarships in gymnastics and that being a hurdler in track and a catcher in baseball doesn't fair well for the knees so he has to rest his body. My junior is the one who has to play more physical on Friday nights to risk injury. Give or receive punishment is football.

BTW, at one point, my son participated in basketball, track, football, and baseball.  I expect him to do the same this year.  it'll be his decision.  Even though I'd be happy with a scholarship, I'll never deter him from participating in any sport/activity.  Especially since he's in high school now....

really? 

BTW, at one point, my son participated in basketball, track, football, and baseball.  I expect him to do the same this year.  it'll be his decision.  Even though I'd be happy with a scholarship, I'll never deter him from participating in any sport/activity.  Especially since he's in high school now....

Good thing that's your son, God put us here to help our kids find there way and this particular child is always complaining about he's hurting or somethings wrong. At the end of the day it's about making the right decisions for his future and some kids are more capable of doing that and some well just may need a little direction. No parent wants to house are feed grown folks all their lives! Lol

Looked like they both balled out Saturday evening....

They both did pretty good but i watched the film and noticed somethings that can be improved on especially when he let that punt go past him when everyone knows he is very quick, shifty, fast and could have probably scored had he been aggressive and picked it up. The great one's make plays when the opportunity presents so he has to find out whether or not he wants to be good or great. It's just me as a Dad and Trainer and trying to help them be the best they can be if they are willing. Everybody thinks Chopper was great just because of his speed but we always worked on the little things and developed into what he became.

Pretty sure there is scholarship offers in gymnastics. Otherwise big time college programs wouldn't have gymnastics. 

Buddy you have to be exceptional and most gymnast start very early in life like around 5 or 6 and are in gymnastics exclusively. Besides the gymnastics teacher did say they can get cheerleader scholarships to cheer in college.  I started them in every sport they do but he wants to play college football and is also very good in track and baseball. He is a very good artist as well so he has gifts that can help him go to school free. I believe as parents we have to help our kids make the right decisions for their future otherwise we will be housing and taking care of them the rest of their lives. JMO

... But didn't that 'll world team struggle with Ozen last year?  A team we beat by double digits.... Remember, BG, you were at that game and even you said Ozen was in that game to the end.....

Ozen scored 17 offensive points and lost by 17 points. I'm sure you thought Central handled Ozen easily, right? Well, after three quarters Crosby was up more. We held Ozen to less yards than Central and gained more against them. If we struggled, then Central did too. 

You got jokes but you can ask any of your district mates who've had the pleasure of being on the field with Crosby lately, it's no laughing matter when you're between the stripes.