Beaumont Central-Houston Madison-Channelview Scrimmage/Post comments here!

WOSgrad

IMO Central has a lot of work to do  if they plan on making the playoffs. I'm not going to break down everything I saw because that's not my job. Any way best of luck to Central and it looked like all teams came away injury free. On Channelviews side JH didn't even carry the ball once in the time I was there. I'm pretty sure he will pull the ball when the game counts on a lot of those read options.    He was accurate passing but Central put zero pressure on him. Hurts likes to pump fake a lot to get the db to bite and Centrals safety was very slow to react. Channelviews defense looked very average and I think they are going to miss that rb Jeffries from last year a lot on offense. Can't wait for the season to get going.

Edited by bronco pride

IMO Central has a lot of work to do  if they plan on making the playoffs. I'm not going to break down everything I saw because that's not my job. Any way best of luck to Central and it looked like all teams came away injury free. On Channelviews side JH didn't even carry the ball once in the time I was there. I'm pretty sure he will pull the ball when the game counts on a lot of those read options.    He was accurate passing but Central put zero pressure on him. Hurts likes to pump fake a lot to get the db to bite and Centrals safety was very slow to react. Channelviews defense looked very average and I think they are going to miss that rb Jeffries from last year a lot on offense. Can't wait for the season to get going.

Wait a minute Pride, you mean to tell me it didn't look like they had something special brewing on Jaguar Dr.? Second week in a row with sketchy reports. 

Wait a minute Pride, you mean to tell me it didn't look like they had something special brewing on Jaguar Dr.? Second week in a row with sketchy reports. 

I don't want to be to hard on a team after seeing just one scrimmage but a lot of what I saw was personnel issues that I just don't see being able to correct. If it was just sloppy tackling or missed assignments and even the dropped balls I would say it was correctable.

Edited by bronco pride

I got a sketchy report on y'all scrimmage as well...  Don't lose to Nederland is all I'll say...  Then that powerful scrimmage vs. Huffman would have been in vain...

I got a sketchy report on y'all scrimmage as well...  Don't lose to Nederland is all I'll say...  Then that powerful scrimmage vs. Huffman would have been in vain...

Did you read the thread from the people that were there? What was sketchy about it? I think Crosby is the last team you need to worry about being prepared. Scrimmaging Huffman won us 13 games last year.