Dayton and Crosby might be rooting for The Hill

Part true,no pun intended but in todays sporting circles,% says black atheletes dominating.I no( 0) that ever have @BH.

They have to increase some in diversity or just wait until that enrollment goes up. Even with the new construction the percentages probably won't change that much. If you have 1800-1900 kids at least you have a better chance at finding more Kaleb Denny's or Nick O'Neal's. BH actually produces solid football players IMO, they just struggle athletically in this district against schools with a lot higher enrollment and more diversity as you noted above. All that being said, they're still definitely a playoff team in 22-5A the last couple of years, just a victim of circumstance over here.

After realignment, we will take on Memorial and dump Someone.... If Memorial will get a good HC, this will help our district out tremendously.. I know people do not want to hear this, but PA is loaded with good athletes... They just cannot seem to put a good combo together between, athletes, facilities, coaches.... The only reason Memorial made a run a few years back is because of a overload of talent, it didn't really matter who was coaching..... Guaranteed, PA has more NFL players than any town around......

After realignment, we will take on Memorial and dump Someone.... If Memorial will get a good HC, this will help our district out tremendously.. I know people do not want to hear this, but PA is loaded with good athletes... They just cannot seem to put a good combo together between, athletes, facilities, coaches.... The only reason Memorial made a run a few years back is because of a overload of talent, it didn't really matter who was coaching..... Guaranteed, PA has more NFL players than any town around......

If KH can find an above-average DC or better they would be a Regional/Statewide threat every year, without any D they will always be limited to being an area power at best. 

They have to increase some in diversity or just wait until that enrollment goes up. Even with the new construction the percentages probably won't change that much. If you have 1800-1900 kids at least you have a better chance at finding more Kaleb Denny's or Nick O'Neal's. BH actually produces solid football players IMO, they just struggle athletically in this district against schools with a lot higher enrollment and more diversity as you noted above. All that being said, they're still definitely a playoff team in 22-5A the last couple of years, just a victim of circumstance over here.

Now you've given em hope come realignment their supt is in the UIL top brass loop:)

I don't really see the need to dump someone if PAM drops down, you just play in a 9 team district like we do. IMO Beaumont still produces the most NFL talent, PA does have some serious players though.

Memorial doesn't need to change anything but enrollment to drop down and dominate 22-5A. There's a difference not being able to play defense against schools with 3000-4000+ kids or multiple 4-star recruits vs PNG and Ned who produce one FBS player every now and then. They play a completely different game than we do in 5A. While they would still lose some games here and there, they would be right on par with the powerhouses out of Fort Bend County.

I semi agree. I agree on everything, except them being a powerhouse.. The only thing they are ahead on is athletes...... Way behind the curve on the rest... But I would love to see them in our District.. We played these guys for years and was our 2nd best rivalry behind Nederland.. You play to your competition, would surely boost our district.. I would like to see then move out Baytown or GCM and add PAM.. Think of all the trash I could talk with BG!!!!!! If they ever hire a staff, I guarantee in 5A they could be a contendor... But until then, same ole stuff...

I semi agree. I agree on everything, except them being a powerhouse.. The only thing they are ahead on is athletes...... Way behind the curve on the rest... But I would love to see them in our District.. We played these guys for years and was our 2nd best rivalry behind Nederland.. You play to your competition, would surely boost our district.. I would like to see then move out Baytown or GCM and add PAM.. Think of all the trash I could talk with BG!!!!!! If they ever hire a staff, I guarantee in 5A they could be a contendor... But until then, same ole stuff...

When you mix the level of athletes they have with the enrollment advantages it makes all the difference in the world. I don't care what kind of facilities or coaches you have, PNG will never produce a running back like Kam Martin or Corey Dauphine. PAM had both at the same time, after they had Jamal Charles. You think the Indians receiving core is great this year, right? That's probably average to below average compared to what PAM puts out there EVERY year. How do your dbs, most of which probably wouldn't be on varsity at PAM, handle that?

Averion Hurts is a very good coach, he has a sub .500 record at Channelview because he just doesn't have the talent or enrollment to compete in that district on a yearly basis. Those same kids dropped 69 on Dayton though, who went 2-0 against mid-county teams averaging nearly 50 a game last year. Channelview has nice everything and a solid coach but he lacks athletes. La Porte doesn't have a great anything except athletes and they're nasty in that district even with a small enrollment. 

Think about it, GR beat a 3-7 PAM team by 10 points. Two weeks later they beat Foster, who was top 10 all year, 41-17. They also beat top 5 Elkins by 15 points shortly after that. If you don't think they would be a 5A powerhouse as they currently sit then you probably haven't watched enough high level 5A and 6A football or followed recruiting closely.    

When you mix the level of athletes they have with the enrollment advantages it makes all the difference in the world. I don't care what kind of facilities or coaches you have, PNG will never produce a running back like Kam Martin or Corey Dauphine. PAM had both at the same time, after they had Jamal Charles. You think the Indians receiving core is great this year, right? That's probably average to below average compared to what PAM puts out there EVERY year. How do your dbs, most of which probably wouldn't be on varsity at PAM, handle that?

Averion Hurts is a very good coach, he has a sub .500 record at Channelview because he just doesn't have the talent or enrollment to compete in that district on a yearly basis. Those same kids dropped 69 on Dayton though, who went 2-0 against mid-county teams averaging nearly 50 a game last year. Channelview has nice everything and a solid coach but he lacks athletes. La Porte doesn't have a great anything except athletes and they're nasty in that district even with a small enrollment. 

Think about it, GR beat a 3-7 PAM team by 10 points. Two weeks later they beat Foster, who was top 10 all year, 41-17. They also beat top 5 Elkins by 15 points shortly after that. If you don't think they would be a 5A powerhouse as they currently sit then you probably haven't watched enough high level 5A and 6A football or followed recruiting closely.    

You do realize the week after Channelview put 69 on Dayton they struggled to beat Vidor. I'm thinking the score was 44-41. Channelview dropped 70 on PAM. I doubt Vidor has one D1 player on the team and didn't even make the playoffs. Program and coaching will beat talent everytime. Now if you have both like Allen you see what you get. I'm not saying PAM couldn't be a powerhouse in 5a but to base that opinion strictly on talent (which they have) would not be a given.

You do realize the week after Channelview put 69 on Dayton they struggled to beat Vidor. I'm thinking the score was 44-41. Channelview dropped 70 on PAM. I doubt Vidor has one D1 player on the team and didn't even make the playoffs. Program and coaching will beat talent everytime. Now if you have both like Allen you see what you get. I'm not saying PAM couldn't be a powerhouse in 5a but to base that opinion strictly on talent (which they have) would not be a given.

Once they hire a defensive guru you'll see Memorial rise to greatness,dang I could say that bout my Broncos too

If Vidor played Channelview 10 times they would lose all 10 and probably get blown out 7 or 8 times. I know you think Channelview was better than the '13 Crosby squad y'all barely lost to, right? We averaged 50ppg against 5A teams, the 6 point game where we only scored 33 against Dayton was the outlier. Just like their game against  Vidor was. 

Ned had a better program than Crosby, right? Neumann was a better coach than Flannigan too, right? He couldn't beat him because Crosby had better players though. 

Name all the great coaches in the state lately and tell me who's doing without high level talent for their classification?

If Vidor played Channelview 10 times they would lose all 10 and probably get blown out 7 or 8 times. I know you think Channelview was better than the '13 Crosby squad y'all barely lost to, right? We averaged 50ppg against 5A teams, the 6 point game where we only scored 33 against Dayton was the outlier. Just like their game against  Vidor was. 

Ned had a better program than Crosby, right? Neumann was a better coach than Flannigan too, right? He couldn't beat him because Crosby had better players though. 

Name all the great coaches in the state lately and tell me who's doing without high level talent for their classification?

You would have to look no further than CP head coach. The kid that killed Crosby and played both ways was a really good high school player and a college level talent but not FBS material. I think there is plenty of high level high school talent that is not FBS material or for that fact not college level material. Gary Joseph at Katy does it with much less D1 talent than almost all the teams they regularly beat. Did Katy ever have the enrollment or talent of NS? I will answer for you. No. They have a program and coach along with a lot of high level high school talent but far from the most FBS talent. I can tell you a much easier question to ask yourself. How many teams with a ton of FBS talent underachieve because of lack of coaching along with no program.

Edited by bronco pride

You've taken my post out of context.... Trust me when I say this, PAM, has a ton of talent.. I'm not talking about facilities.  Coaching is another story.  I know football at all levels.... You like to pop up this and that about every subject. I've watched PAM for years...... In person...... These are not opinions....... They have then talent. Everything else is subpar... I think you are reading into something I didn't say.. I've never said PNG is better or worse. I said PAM will not dominate unless a lot of things change. I know kids that are currently college players that KH did absolutely nothing with.. Compare Charles to Jaquizz Rodgers.... Then compare state titles.... I am personal friends with the Charles family and tons of of D1 kids from PAM.... Once again I watch these kids in person. This isn't a internet warrior idea...

You would have to look no further than CP head coach. The kid that killed Crosby and played both ways was a really good high school player and a college level talent but not FBS material. I think there is plenty of high level high school talent that is not FBS material or for that fact not college level material. Gary Joseph at Katy does it with much less D1 talent than almost all the teams they regularly beat. Did Katy ever have the enrollment or talent of NS? I will answer for you. No. They have a program and coach along with a lot of high level high school talent but far from the most FBS talent. I can tell you a much easier question to ask yourself. How many teams with a ton of FBS talent underachieve because of lack of coaching along with no program.

Year in and year out Cedar Park is probably the most talented team in Central Texas other than Temple. Yeah, Hutchins didn't go FBS but he was the 5A defensive player of the year which is the side of the ball he really killed us on, it also didn't help that for the second straight year out qb got hurt. Cedar Park probably had 5 FBS kids on that roster like Myles Cheatum and Jav Guidry, they just weren't all senior like ours weren't which is why we didn't have a single player sign FBS last year. Cedar Park also gets to play D2 with nearly 1900 kids every year which is the enrollment advantage part I was talking about.

Yeah, Katy doesn't produce as much FBS talent as the teams they beat. They do have about 5 or 6 FBS players in the current class though. The majority of Katy's success though comes on the backs of these guys though, all running backs rated higher than any NS has ever had; Andre Dean(UCLA), Donovan Young(Illinois), Adam Taylor(Nebraska), Rodney Anderson(Oklahoma), Kyle Porter(4 stars). James Aston got them the '03 title after going for 2k+ and being named player of the year over Brandon LaFell and Martellus Bennett.   

I think you're underselling PAM's coaching. KH took over in '09, the 5 years before last season he was 44-18. Neumann was 38-18 and Fairclothe was 35-22 in that span against easier competition.

IDK many team at all that underachieve with a ton of FBS talent.

BH hired the defensive coordinator from Dickinson which could only help us. Now we need a progressive offensive minded guy running the offense and just maybe we could turn things around. Only time will tell.

Btw, Katy does the best with less. My wife taught there when them and SLC were going back and forth. Katy has an enormous amount of kids in their program because the last 2 coaches ingrained it in the minds of the players that there the best. Now they have a dominant program who everyone would like to play for. We lived it for 4 years and lived the PNG traditions for 12 years. You don't have to line up D1 prospects to compete, it's the mindset and game plans IMO. Just my .02

You've taken my post out of context.... Trust me when I say this, PAM, has a ton of talent.. I'm not talking about facilities.  Coaching is another story.  I know football at all levels.... You like to pop up this and that about every subject. I've watched PAM for years...... In person...... These are not opinions....... They have then talent. Everything else is subpar... I think you are reading into something I didn't say.. I've never said PNG is better or worse. I said PAM will not dominate unless a lot of things change. I know kids that are currently college players that KH did absolutely nothing with.. Compare Charles to Jaquizz Rodgers.... Then compare state titles.... I am personal friends with the Charles family and tons of of D1 kids from PAM.... Once again I watch these kids in person. This isn't a internet warrior idea...

. . . And what I'm saying is that PAM already has better coaching than PNG, plus a ton more talent. Building an indoor practice facility won't help you beat them. Basically what you're saying is PNG isn't set up to win then, right?

I'm not giving an opinion either, that's why I put stats with it. Not sure what Rodgers, who was one of the best 4A backs in Texas high school history, has to do with 5A like Charles? 

Edited by Cougar14.2

Year in and year out Cedar Park is probably the most talented team in Central Texas other than Temple. Yeah, Hutchins didn't go FBS but he was the 5A defensive player of the year which is the side of the ball he really killed us on, it also didn't help that for the second straight year out qb got hurt. Cedar Park probably had 5 FBS kids on that roster like Myles Cheatum and Jav Guidry, they just weren't all senior like ours weren't which is why we didn't have a single player sign FBS last year. Cedar Park also gets to play D2 with nearly 1900 kids every year which is the enrollment advantage part I was talking about.

Yeah, Katy doesn't produce as much FBS talent as the teams they beat. They do have about 5 or 6 FBS players in the current class though. The majority of Katy's success though comes on the backs of these guys though, all running backs rated higher than any NS has ever had; Andre Dean(UCLA), Donovan Young(Illinois), Adam Taylor(Nebraska), Rodney Anderson(Oklahoma), Kyle Porter(4 stars). James Aston got them the '03 title after going for 2k+ and being named player of the year over Brandon LaFell and Martellus Bennett.   

I think you're underselling PAM's coaching. KH took over in '09, the 5 years before last season he was 44-18. Neumann was 38-18 and Fairclothe was 35-22 in that span against easier competition.

the kids play for him, I cant say they did the same for Colbert and Thompson. Other than the Jamaal years Memorial was not talked about prior to KH taking over. If he hires better defensive personnel that win total will start stacking up again. 

It depends on what you consider underachieving. If you consider teams with the most D1 prospects in the last 10 years with no titles NS would come to mind. The reason I keep bringing them up is because I lived there. Dallas Skyline. Both schools huge enrollment FBS talent galore but no titles. Why? If all you need is D1 talent both schools should have many more titles than Katy ever thought of having.

It depends on what you consider underachieving. If you consider teams with the most D1 prospects in the last 10 years with no titles NS would come to mind. The reason I keep bringing them up is because I lived there. Dallas Skyline. Both schools huge enrollment FBS talent galore but no titles. Why? If all you need is D1 talent both schools should have many more titles than Katy ever thought of having.

North Shore and Skyline never get to play D2 like Katy does with over 3200 kids. Skyline beat Cedar Hill last year but always goes D1 and gets Allen, Carroll, Desoto, etc. in the late rounds. Katy and North Shore won titles the same year with probably only a 700 kid enrollment difference, that's a huge advantage for Katy come playoff time.

Right behind Lineweaver, Claude Mathis of Desoto has probably been the best 6A coach in the state the last 7 years and built a monster of a program. They don't have any titles either though, due to Allen just having twice the enrollment and more talent. Same with Samples at Skyline who has about 110 wins the last decade. 3 of the last 4 years Skyline has lost to the eventual state champ in the quarters or semis, the year before that they lost to Desoto. I don't consider that underachieving at all, especially when those kids come from an environment that probably equal to North Forest.     

. . . And what I'm saying is that PAM already has better coaching than PNG, plus a ton more talent. Building an indoor practice facility won't help you beat them. Basically what you're saying is PNG isn't set up to win then, right?

I'm not giving an opinion either, that's why I put stats with it. Not sure what Rodgers, who was one of the best 4A backs in Texas high school history, has to do with 5A like Charles? 

I feel like I'm fighting with my kids.... I never once stated that PNG has better facilities. I stated Memorial needs better facilities... And yes your giving opinons, as always. And this time your wrong.. Rodgers was a stud, 1 man show.... Took them to a SC. Charles was a Beast.... No defense, no coaching, no title. I have a friend who's kid was on the Walter Peyton watch list, then To UH. Who basically had to walk his kid through assignments because of poor coaching. As always you know all of Texas football, I assume you take your personal helicopter all over the state to watch games... But enough of my sarcasm, you haven no idea what PAM is about other than what your reading in the Houston Chronicle or Crosby Gazzete.........

I feel like I'm fighting with my kids.... I never once stated that PNG has better facilities. I stated Memorial needs better facilities... And yes your giving opinons, as always. And this time your wrong.. Rodgers was a stud, 1 man show.... Took them to a SC. Charles was a Beast.... No defense, no coaching, no title. I have a friend who's kid was on the Walter Peyton watch list, then To UH. Who basically had to walk his kid through assignments because of poor coaching. As always you know all of Texas football, I assume you take your personal helicopter all over the state to watch games... But enough of my sarcasm, you haven no idea what PAM is about other than what your reading in the Houston Chronicle or Crosby Gazzete.........

Jamaal was the defense lol 

We do need a new on campus stadium. Was suppose to have an indoor practice facility way back from what I was told by folks within the ISD but once the price of it was known it was never pushed forward. 

Jamaal was the defense lol 

We do need a new on campus stadium. Was suppose to have an indoor practice facility way back from what I was told by folks within the ISD but once the price of it was known it was never pushed forward. 

Exactly, the Crosby Gazzette doesn't tell its reader that the Old Tj stadium and facilities are older than the Crosby Gazzette itself... Now if there is even a Crosby Gazzette, you might look back in old articles and see what PAM is working with...... Don't tell me PAM doesn't have more talent than anyone around, because if you do, you know nothing.... NFL players everywhere, Jammal, Babineaux, the other Babineaux, Gorrer, the list goes on... I'm not caught up in hype, I'm caught up in real life.....