HD Bobcats

Wish I knew the answer, after talking with an old Coach from our area this morning, most schools football numbers are down. This new generation is a different breed, play station and xbox rules...

There is no late night Burger hangouts,no Dvd rental outlets,No major employers,1 tiny little eatin spot in Daisetta,Hull is a ghost town,Young families are relocating & gas & oil is cheap.My ex & her new family of 5 kids left for Bandera 7 mos ago.Older adults whose homes are paid for stay.There is no drilling rigs making holes to paydirt,a few small oilfield service contractors left that's it.The sink hole bankrupted 1 of Daisetta's wealthiest.I know em all 15yrs in oil tools sales/servicing the area.Oil boom is gone,black gold built HD,saltwater will be its demise

There go those PAST results again.  "we dominated blah blah back when blah blah blah"

By the way...also had 4 college caliber move ins under Coach Finney. But, I do think he did a good job. Having said that they still had about a .500 record under him.

HD should of gave Finney a raise in salary plus a house for free just like Stan Hodges

HD should of gave Finney a raise in salary plus a house for free just like Stan Hodges

It would not have mattered.  He wouldn't have stayed after they lost all that talent...didn't he go 4-7 his last year?  And had a few kids that could play, especially at that level.

No he wasn't going to put any more losses on his record.

It would not have mattered.  He wouldn't have stayed after they lost all that talent...didn't he go 4-7 his last year?  And had a few kids that could play, especially at that level.

No he wasn't going to put any more losses on his record.

Had two District titles and lost to powerhouse Alto less than 7 points both years. Are you kidding me? I would of built him brand a new house to keep him there.

Edited by Skilled95

Had two District titles and lost to powerhouse Alto less than 7 points both years. Are you kidding me? I would of built him brand a new house to keep him there.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have tried.  I'm saying he would not have stayed.  Even good coaches can't win without talent.  I doubt he would've put his reputation as a great coach on the line for a little more money.  That's what makes good coaches good...they know when it's time to go.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have tried.  I'm saying he would not have stayed.  Even good coaches can't win without talent.  I doubt he would've put his reputation as a great coach on the line for a little more money.  That's what makes good coaches good...they know when it's time to go.

Sure whatever you say buddy! being loyal matters.

Edited by Skilled95

Yeah folks forget, including myself, that Finney had HD oh so close to making it to the 3rd rd of the playoffs, two seasons in a row. HD lost both 2nd rd games to top 5 ranked Alto, by a total of 7 points... HD had 53 and 58 kids report for 2 a days in both of Finney's seasons. Now we have 18-20 kids with no JV for the 2nd year... There are around 85 boys available in the school from 9th-12th grades...

Edited by H-D BOBCAT 55

Look at all the love HD is getting lol. HD is a very young team in one of the toughest Districts in 2A. Centerville being a State Semi-Finalist, Groveton always tough, Lovelady is loaded and Anderson-Shiro is massive and young. I will never count out my HD Bobcats, "you play to win the game"... Let's go HD Nation, shock the world! Gotta love an under dog!

Groveton hasnt been tough in years

Sure whatever you say buddy! being loyal matters.

Lets see just how much loyalty matters here recently.  Kinda like Babin being loyal to Deweyville...and then to Warren.  And Duboise being loyal to HJ.  And Todd Stark walking away from West Sabine...top 25 team and 8 pretty much guaranteed wins every year...to go to Hardin?  

Yeah I'm sure money had nothing to do with any of that...because..."being loyal matters"

Finney left same year they graduate a ton of talent, Babin left Dville same year they graduate a ton of talent, Stark leaves a good team for a team that's never successful.  Yep...coaching world is littered with loyalty.

Lets see just how much loyalty matters here recently.  Kinda like Babin being loyal to Deweyville...and then to Warren.  And Duboise being loyal to HJ.  And Todd Stark walking away from West Sabine...top 25 team and 8 pretty much guaranteed wins every year...to go to Hardin?  

Yeah I'm sure money had nothing to do with any of that...because..."being loyal matters"

Finney left same year they graduate a ton of talent, Babin left Dville same year they graduate a ton of talent, Stark leaves a good team for a team that's never successful.  Yep...coaching world is littered with loyalty.

Stark's daughters graduated.  I think he just wanted a change.  He was at WS a long time!

SA smoked Groveton last year....

Let's not forget Groveton started off slow with some early loses with their new Coach from Dayton. Groveton reeled off a bunch of wins from mid season on. I believe SA got the win early in the year. Groveton is loaded this year and they have a potential future D-1 QB returning, getting lots of looks. SA will not beat Groveton this year. Your welcome Buddy Garrity lol.

Edited by H-D BOBCAT 55

Let's not forget Groveton started off slow and some early loses with Dayton's ex Coach. Groveton reeled off a bunch of wins from mid season on. I believe SA got the win early in the year. Groveton is loaded this year and have a D-1 QB returning, getting lots of looks. SA will not beat Groveton this year. Your welcome Buddy Garrity lol.

D1 QB got any D1 offers after his sophomore season yet? 

HD looked a little improved today in their scrimmage. The left side of their O-line performed well run blocking, Jacob Romero and Ryan Downs did well. HD's D-line was better, Jacob Romero was all over the field making tackles, Ryan Downs did well at NT caving in the pocket at times. Dalton Robinett stood out on both sides of the ball, miss seeing Dalton in the box making tackles this year.